Car Alarm/remote start - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #1
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"

Send a message via AIM to svp50
Car Alarm/remote start

Ok guys its time i get an alarm...the 2 choices in my price range so far are:

The Hornet 554T/Valet 554R(supposedly the 2004 model of the Hornet)

or

The Audiovox Prestige APS-996A(2004 model)

The price range is under 150 for the unit not inclding install. Any other sugestions feel free to add on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
svp50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 18th, 2003, 10:06 AM   #2

Are those systems requiring having spare key near ignition switch?

If they are, I wouldn't get them. They defeat purpose of immobilizer, get one that bypass immobilizer only when you press button on your remote control. I think there few companies makes alarm system like that and one of them is DEI/Viper.
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2003, 10:55 AM   #3
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"

Quote:
Originally posted by HONDA_99
Are those systems requiring having spare key near ignition switch?

If they are, I wouldn't get them. They defeat purpose of immobilizer, get one that bypass immobilizer only when you press button on your remote control. I think there few companies makes alarm system like that and one of them is DEI/Viper.
The 98 coupe doesn't have the the chips in the keys...so i don't know if that makes a difference...also i know hornet is made by DEI

*edit* the 98s do have a coded key so it would matter does anyone know id audiovox makes a unit for the decode...i know DEI does...

Last edited by svp50; November 18th, 2003 at 04:04 PM..

Old November 18th, 2003, 09:30 PM   #4
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"

bump... any other ideas for an alarm/remote start unit

Old November 18th, 2003, 09:41 PM   #5
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
i got the viper 791, but outta your price range

2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #6
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"

ok i think im gonna go with the valet one then...being its made by DEI so im assumeing its better then Audiovox and the valet and hornet are basicly the same....

Old November 18th, 2003, 10:35 PM   #7
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
you can just chop up a spare key and take the chip out then stick it near the ignition and it should work fine.

but be careful cuz i used my mom's big chopping knife and it split the chip. so it's useless now
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #8
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"

ok there is now a third choice... the Autopage RS850LCD ... any more comments...

Old November 28th, 2003, 03:10 PM   #9
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
I will bet in 10 years from now, only DEI will exist. They just end up eating up all the other alarm companies anyway.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2003, 12:32 PM   #10
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
go for the dei(hornet) and get a dei 555h which is a honda transponder bypass and it doesn't need a key, you teach it the key then it never needs it again.

are you getting this installed or doing it yourself? If you're getting it installed are you planning on buying it at the same place? I see the RS850LCD for $169 on ebay, if you're going to spend that much spend a little more and get a compustar, or spend a little more than that and get a viper 791xv(or 790), but the hornet will work just fine.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2003, 01:07 PM   #11
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"

Quote:
Originally posted by illusion
go for the dei(hornet) and get a dei 555h which is a honda transponder bypass and it doesn't need a key, you teach it the key then it never needs it again.

are you getting this installed or doing it yourself? If you're getting it installed are you planning on buying it at the same place? I see the RS850LCD for $169 on ebay, if you're going to spend that much spend a little more and get a compustar, or spend a little more than that and get a viper 791xv(or 790), but the hornet will work just fine.
Im buying the unit myself and having a place install it...the Valet(newer version of the hornet) is $160 on E-bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14934). Do u think the Viper or the compustar are really worth the extra money?

Old November 30th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #12
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
the viper responders(and clifford) have the best range I've seen for two way alarms. Also the 79x series has a lot of built in relays(no huge external relay banks) and has more features, plus the screen is laid out better than the hornet to me. The hornet will work just fine, it's just the extra bells and whisltes and range that the others give.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in