Repaint Entire Car - How much? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Pronounced en-see

Repaint Entire Car - How much?

Well, my wife backed up into my car last night, and dented the rear panel that is just behind the gas door. I will be getting it fixed and I will repaint my car since I have to paint part of it. My paint is starting to fade in places and I was going to repaint it anyway, just not so soon.

Anyway... How much should I expect to pay for the paint job? The place that will be fixing the dent charges $3000 (ballpark) to repaint he entire car. They do it right though, the remove everything they can and sand the paint off and then repaint it. This company is VERY reputable and does a GREAT job repairing/painting cars. Should I look for a better deal or does this sound about right?

Also, I love the color of my car (Black current) but may want to change it a bitů Maybe adding some pearl to it or something. I don't know because I don't know how it will look. Anyone know where I can go to get examples of pain etc...?

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Last edited by Entcee; November 20th, 2003 at 06:37 PM..
Entcee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2003, 06:59 PM   #2
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

You should be able to get a nice paint job for $3000..... I've seen some pretty good ones for about $2000 though.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2003, 08:16 PM   #3
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Send a message via AIM to iLLeGaLaKKoRD
$3,000 sounds prety good if they're gonna sand it down to the baremetal. i paid $3000 for a half-ass job. But if you're saying they're a reputable shop, then u shud be ok.

But pearl usually costs extra, $3,000 is usually for a base paintjob, without anything extra.

Old November 20th, 2003, 08:22 PM   #4
Pronounced en-see

How much more should I expect to pay with some pearl in it?

Thanks everyone

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old November 20th, 2003, 08:29 PM   #5
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Send a message via AIM to iLLeGaLaKKoRD
i kno my shop was gonna charge me $1000 more, but they didn't really kno how to run their business correctly... like they would charge $1k extra for pearl, but they did fender flares on my car for just $100

But most shops i beleive, charge much lower then that..
Old November 27th, 2003, 01:34 PM   #6

when u paint ur car, are you painting the engine bay and the trunk and everything or do u guyz just do the exterior?
PhatChink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #7
Pronounced en-see

I only need the exterior done since it will be the same basic color.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old December 3rd, 2003, 11:29 PM   #8

Better get MACCO!

ahehehe....
QuizWORX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 5th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #9
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
Depends which pearl you choose, there are some house of color dry pearls that cost more than gold per oz.(on the order of 3x the price of gold). It depends how vibrant you want the colors to come through. Also a paint job's price will be determined by the paint. Again, you can get into some pretty exotic paints. One of my friends has his cobra kit car done with porsche guards red enamel, the paint alone was $2K(meaning the cans of paint themselves), and you can get some odd house of kolor paints that get pretty pricey as well.

For paint swatches you best bet it to find a very very reputable paint shop, they should have books and books of color samples for you to look at, but just remember if you see a color you kind of like, but you like the metal flake of that color better, just ask them, anything is possible. You can't go online because your monitor wouldn't do it justice, even if you have every hue perfectly calibrated on your monitor, you wouldn't be able to see depth, and paint companies don't give them out for free, even with high volume order. I think the complete sample kit from house of color back in '92 was a few thousand $$$

Just be very picky, and make sure you like the color before they shoot it. Also be pre-warned that the pearls and color shifting paints are IMPOSSIBLE to match perfectly, touch up paint is just to keep that spot from rusting because it will look like crap, and if you get in a small fender bender, be prepared to deal with a mismatched body panel, or have your entire car re-done.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 5th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #10
Pronounced en-see

Thanks for the info! I think that I am just going to have them ad a couple extra coats of clearcoat to give it a more glossy look. I did not think about being able to match it later down the road.

Thanks again

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in