dinmond audio, CDT, mb quarts, boston acoustics - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2003, 12:44 AM   #1
SILVIA

Send a message via AIM to EuStOn Send a message via MSN to EuStOn Send a message via Yahoo to EuStOn
dinmond audio, CDT, mb quarts, boston acoustics

anyone know where i can get them good price? and also is there any shop around NJ can't actually test out thier stuff? and also which one is the best for it's $$??
please help me out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new ride:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68176
EuStOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2003, 06:09 AM   #2
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty
please give out specific model lines... each of those brands have MANY MANY levels of speaker lines... get back to us with that info please.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:31 AM   #3
SILVIA

Send a message via AIM to EuStOn Send a message via MSN to EuStOn Send a message via Yahoo to EuStOn
I need to know where i can find info about dimond audio and boston acoustics....

Old November 24th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #4
tastes like donkeyballs

LOL try their websites or some of these.

www.woofersetc.com
www.thezeb.com
www.carmedia1.com
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:36 AM   #5
tastes like donkeyballs

NJ shops.. especially in edison.. all I know of is Lee's electronics, auto image on Rt 1 south, zippos on rt 18 north..

all have MBqs, RFs, infinity, JL audio, eclipse, etc...

But from visiting audio shops early on.. I felt they were pushy, misinformed, or wanted to buy leftover crap... F them
Old November 24th, 2003, 09:39 AM   #6
SILVIA

they don't have any europeon brand speakers tho.... I'm thinking between CDT's HD series.. Focal Utopia 165w, and MB quart Q series... I don't know any place that i can just try them out... i never heard of any of them be4..... well, what do you think, between those three? or anything that dimond audio or boston acustic has something that's about the same price range???
Old November 24th, 2003, 09:41 AM   #7
SILVIA

btw, how is phoenix gold's ti series component? do u know anthing about it?
Old November 24th, 2003, 09:58 AM   #8

L-fty i know Lee's Electronics, my friend with a blue M3 gets ALL his sh*t there. I used to buy stuff from them back when they were in Elizabeth, but i dont htink they give as good a deal anymore.
smokedoutv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2003, 10:14 AM   #9
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
diamond audio, is that the one with the red mclaren on the box? if thats it, i know Streeteffectz carries that.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2003, 10:42 AM   #10
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
Quote:
diamond audio, is that the one with the red mclaren on the box? if thats it, i know Streeteffectz carries that
Yes, it does

I also paid $375 for my S600s Diamond's from an authorize dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2003, 10:51 AM   #11
SILVIA

the HEX series right? that's a killer price.... where did u buy i tho!! and btw, what do you think about the CDT's HD series??

Last edited by EuStOn; November 24th, 2003 at 10:53 AM..
Old November 24th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #12
tastes like donkeyballs

PM sharkyziff... the guy installed some HDs and was very impressed with them.
Old November 24th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #13
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

L_fty- i forgot to ask u, did u need to shave off that ring on the inside of the door panel that surrounds the speaker? (inside of the exterior grill)
i am worried the ring is makin contact with my hex's cone
Old November 24th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #14
tastes like donkeyballs

yes.. take off the foam gasket around the ring and shave the ring down.. it'll give you about 1/4" more space around your speaker... the rubber surround of your speaker or the excursion of your speaker driver might buzz against the plastic inner ring of the door panel. If that doesnt solve it.. you'll have to sand down your MDF spacers a bit...
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:57 PM   #15
SILVIA

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulax07
Yes, it does

I also paid $375 for my S600s Diamond's from an authorize dealer
where did u get the s600s for $375?? cause i want to get one too... can u please help me

new ride:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68176
Old November 24th, 2003, 08:03 PM   #16
tastes like donkeyballs

psssst adire kodas are only $349 and get a BIG :thumbup: from me. www.adireaudio.com
Old November 24th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #17
SILVIA

L_fty, you would take the kodas over all those once i was thinkin? (1. Dimond Audio s600s hex, 2. CDT HD-EF, 3. Focal Utopia 165w, 4. MB quart Q series)
which one u think it's the best? those once price is not that much apart...
Old November 25th, 2003, 06:03 AM   #18
tastes like donkeyballs

The hexs I havent heard.. Lou will fill you in on those guys... the HD vs Eu vs Q .... The Eu are overpriced speakers which do sound good but I thought that the polykev version 2 sounded the same if not a tad better. As for the Q series... best of the MBQs.. but doesnt have the midrange clarity as the Eu and HDs... the CDTs are good but cant hang with the Eu.. now if you look into the eurosports.. then I will haveto say they sound deliciosly warm and open.

As for the Kodas... yes I had issues with the surrounds coming apart.. Adire has recently changed their manufacturing process by adding stronger rubber epoxy... and ever since then.. my kodas havent given me any trouble... and sound phenominal. They are a pin in the MAJOR ass to install... wider than usual speaker basket with oversized magnet makes it a little difficult to install.. but the benefits outweigh the install annoyances.
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:14 AM   #19
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

see, why i bought the hex's and why i recommend them is as follows:
i knew they work and fit and sound great, as i heard em in an 03 coupe
they arent deep and required only a 1/2"mdf
they are moderately priced also
and they sound great with the silk tweet, not as harsh as my focal utopia's were
and made very well. i'd say made better than the focals, i liked the screw down terminals on the woofers and the lock ring on the tweets (focals didnt have these)

2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black

Old November 25th, 2003, 02:23 PM   #20
SILVIA

I think i'll go with the CDT first, if it's not good enough, I'll change to lou's set up!! if u guys have anymore suggestion, please post!! (I would like to know more stuff about CDT if there's more stuff that's good or bad about them)
Old December 15th, 2003, 03:14 PM   #21
My AV6 is all gone...

Send a message via AIM to 6spdcoupe
I realize this post is old, but Ill shout out anyway....In comparison to the HEX,CDT,and UTs....First and formorest would be the HEX. I have the Utopias rwadily available to me and I feel the HEXs give more bang for the buck. Very comparable in sound and I feel more accuracy goes to the HEXs, but being they are practically half the price of the UTs I would have to go with and stay with the HEXs over them. Although I did recently change to the PG Ti Elite/Morel setup. Not a huge enough difference for me to do again considering the PGs were more expensive.

As for LEEs..Han still has is store in Elizabeth. They are NOT DA dealers. They were actually dropped well over a year ago, but being they still owe DA money theyre kept on the website.

Yes AutoImage, HiFri, and DP are all pushers and lack alot of knowledge on their own products.

--Don

L_fty...didnt know you were so close to me.....
6spdcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in