quick question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #1
SHARINGAN!

Send a message via AIM to Sentinel Send a message via Yahoo to Sentinel
quick question

can a JBL 1200.1 power two 12inch L7s?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 30th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #2
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
what impedance L7s? Your best bet is the 2 ohm variety or L7s for that amp. You put the coils of each driver in series, then put the drivers in parallel that will give you a 2 ohm load, which for the 1200.1 is it's 1200w rating. If you have the 4 ohm variety of L7s there isn't much you can do, you end up with a 16, 4, 1 ohm load. 16 would be 150w for the system if the amp would even drive it(it would more than likely) 4 ohm would be 600w(although 600 wouldn't be bad, it's not using the amp to it's fullest potential), and 1 ohm would send your amp to amp heaven.

I'm only running a kicker dx700 that's birth certificate says it's almost 900w, and I pound the crap out of a pair of L7's. I used to have a ZR600 and it wasn't quite enough, so like I said your best bet if you get that amp is to get the 2 ohm L7s, or get a different amp, find a mono block that's 1 ohm stable(there are a few of them, crossfire 1000d, kicker sx or kx series, orion hcca, tons more.)
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2003, 06:38 PM   #3
SHARINGAN!

okay i have no idea what you just said the L7s are 2ohm though so it should be fine? i don't want to underpower the subs that's why

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 30th, 2003, 07:07 PM   #4
Just a peter.

2 ohm L7s will be just fine. You wire the coils in series which means you take the + from one and run coil and run it to the other, then you runs the drivers in series, take the unused + and - from each driver wire each + to the + on the amp and each - to the - on the amp.

Here's a quick pic I made for you. you have 2 2ohm coils in series, that's 4 ohms each driver. you have 2 4ohm drivers in parallel which is a 2 ohm load
Old November 30th, 2003, 07:20 PM   #5
SHARINGAN!

thanks so much illusion, btw how well does the dynmat work? my trunk goes nuts rattling =T

Old November 30th, 2003, 07:32 PM   #6
Just a peter.

I'm lazy so I'll just copy and paste from another post I made. I will add that without dynamat I'd go insane, I can't handle rattles.

Quote:
For dynamat, I have the trunk lid with extreme, little triangles of extreme on the bottom of the trunk, and solid extreme where the lights are. I also took the lights out and added some more weather stripping foam tape behind them to keep them from rattling. I put bolts through the bottom of my license plate and foam tape behind the plate too. I have little bits of foam tape for a bunch of the junk that's under the rear deck, and dynmat where the seams on the rear deck are as well. It still rattles a little, but no where near as bad as it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in