Alpine headunit cd lens cleaner - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:38 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to EX-JAY Send a message via Yahoo to EX-JAY
Alpine headunit cd lens cleaner

My alpine 9874 headunit is skipping a lot lately. I would like to clean the lens, but I just read in the owner's manual that one can not use cd cleaners. It says to contact an authorized dealer.

How do you alpine owners clean your lens?

Thanks
EX-JAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:37 AM   #2
Jigga!

Send a message via AIM to jgold47
please dont bother, or try to do it yourself, those lens cleaners can do more harm then good, I used to be an A/V tech at best buy for 2 years working on them, and the best way to clean it is to take it apart, and clean it with ?anhydrous isopropyl alchohol (90% or higher purity)....take it to best buy *if you can get it out of the car* they only charge like 20 to do it and its worth it if you are having problems...
jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2003, 07:41 AM   #3

I used to prepare to lose the head unit for a week or so, about every 2 years. Took the head unit out and brought it to my nearest Tweeter Etc. For a 25.00 deposit they send it to Alpine. Alpine checks it out and makes sure there is nothing wrong with it, and then cleans it. If its over 100.00 total, Alpine calls you to make sure you want it done. Otherwise your 25.00 deposit is used towards the price of fixing (cleaning). The couple times I did it, I actually had other issues with the radio, but the most I ever spent to fix it (total) was 75.00 and that included the cleaning.

No offense to Best Buy, but Id rather have it sent out to our nearest Alpine tech place, but only because Ive had good experience with them before. Ive seen the installers at the only Best Buy near me, and Im not impressed (but like I said, no offense..........Im sure there are some very good BB installers out there somewhere!!!)

-Chris
chrisexv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 7th, 2003, 09:01 AM   #4
Jigga!

Send a message via AIM to jgold47
no its not the installers who do it...god no...the a/v ==computer techs do it....its actually super easy to do your self, you just need to know what you are doing...
jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:56 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to EX-JAY Send a message via Yahoo to EX-JAY
Great, thanks for the responses. Which ever route I take, I will have it send to a Alpine.
EX-JAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in