4 channel amp....1 set of speakers...what should i do? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #1
OG

4 channel amp....1 set of speakers...what should i do?

I have decided to take out the rear fill in my accord. So i will be running 1 sub in the rear and 1 set of focal 165K's in the front. Since i already have a seperate amp for the sub, what should i do with the existing two channels on the amp? I was planning to bridge the two channels and provide more power to the components, but am not sure if they can handle 2x400 watts. The 4 channel amp i have is a 4x100 (PPI PC4800).

Any ideas?
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #2

I'd ditch the focal's, and bi-amp a raw driver set using Scanspeak Revelator's in fabricated kicks in doors with LPG tweeters in an on-axis location near the mids with custom crossovers.

Other than that, you can't do much unless you're adding drivers. 100 watts is fine with the focal's.
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:28 AM   #3

Very nice choice of raw drivers... those would take care of ppl who need immense midbass... but the LPGs.. are great if you can grab the soft dome versions.. or even better are the max fids (if a 30mm tweet isnt a problem ) Focals have that intricate and overally in-your-face details upper midrange which turned me away from them... morels or dyns would be a great choice for a driver that loves power.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:57 AM   #4
OG

I am new to Scan-Speak...from what i found on the net.....they are shelf speakers right?

I am still looking into my options. But what do they usually run for and what size?

thanks for the replies
Old February 2nd, 2004, 12:03 PM   #5

scan speak, vifa, peerless are danish made raw drivers which are used in countless number of pre-fab home audio speakers. if you want info go register at elitecaraudio.com and search for scan speak.. they'll have more than enough info for you to get into. www.madisound.com, www.speakercity.com, www.solen.ca all sell raw drivers, etc... and have info on pricing.. scan revs are about $225 per driver I believe..
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:56 PM   #6
OG

I've decided to biamp the focals and see how they sound. I am looking for a decent active crossover for under $200 bucks (around $150 preferred new or used).

Any suggestions??
Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:12 AM   #7

PPI Crossover:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14931

audio control electronic crossovers , all are EXCELLENT check'em out at carmedia1.com (I bought my 3.1 eq/crossover from them.. great service pretty good prices) or eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14931
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in