SRS Indicator Light and Indiglo Gauges - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2004, 10:45 AM   #1

SRS Indicator Light and Indiglo Gauges

Hello all,

My SRS Light has been on in my car ever since I installed my indiglo gauges and I've heard that if you turn on the ignition with the gauge pod removed then the SRS light will come on when you put it back in; when I was working on my car my Dad wanted me to rev up my engine for his friend, don't know why really, and I had the gauge pod out at the time, so I started up my car reved it up a bit and then turned off the ignition, finished my work and put the gauge pod back in. So I guess my question is: would that activate the indicator light, or did I do something else? Regardless, how the heck can I turn that indicator light off, because I know NOTHING is wrong with my SRS system, thanks!! BTW, does anyone have a set of indiglo gauges that glow purple? If so could you post/send me a pic, thanks
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2004, 01:19 PM   #2

Re: SRS Indicator Light and Indiglo Gauges

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
Hello all,

My SRS Light has been on in my car ever since I installed my indiglo gauges and I've heard that if you turn on the ignition with the gauge pod removed then the SRS light will come on when you put it back in; when I was working on my car my Dad wanted me to rev up my engine for his friend, don't know why really, and I had the gauge pod out at the time, so I started up my car reved it up a bit and then turned off the ignition, finished my work and put the gauge pod back in. So I guess my question is: would that activate the indicator light, or did I do something else? Regardless, how the heck can I turn that indicator light off, because I know NOTHING is wrong with my SRS system, thanks!! BTW, does anyone have a set of indiglo gauges that glow purple? If so could you post/send me a pic, thanks

only thing that comes to mind would be to reset the ECU. if you cant get it to turn off you can always but a small piece of electrical tape on the cluster behind the smoke lense over the SRS light.
Nikerey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2004, 01:38 PM   #3
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

There's a thread here somewhere on resetting the srs light.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:57 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies....anyone know where that thread might be?
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:26 PM   #5

try the DIY section
AF_BRYAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:59 AM   #6

SRS Light

Here you go, I did it and it worked for me.

To reset the SRS light, here are the cliff notes -

1. bend a paper clip into a 'U' shape to create a loop
2. disconnect the yellow plug in your fuse box under the steering wheel and insert the paperclip into the plug that is now hanging there to complete the circuit
3. turn the ignition on and the SRS light will stay on for 6 seconds, then go off - disconnect the paperclip within 4 seconds after that and the light will come back on
4. reconnect the paperclip within 4 seconds and the SRS light will go off again
5. within another 4 seconds of it going off, disconnect the paperclip and the light will blink twice and it will be done

Pics:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...p?postid=57091
scootrz3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in