03 CL-S seats swapped into my 99 accord - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Black95gsr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:19 PM   #1

03 CL-S seats swapped into my 99 accord

So I went to the junkyards yesterday and came across a 03 black on black CL-S with 64k on it, and looked at the interior and decided I wanted the Black leather seats for my car. I got the front and rear seats, steering wheel to for a whopping $70. a steal for me, because the stuff is worth over $700+.

well I started on it today and got the rear seats in, that required alot of modifying and cutting the stock accord panels to make them work, I started on the rears at 5am, and finish at 1pm with them and the steering wheel. I love the end result, way more comfy than the accord seat.

Now comes the fun part is putting the front seats in and wiring the power on them and the heated parts of the seat and the switches. It's gonna be a blast but will be worth it in the end

Here's the pics of the front seats that I got from the CL-S.

Driver seat
[IMG][/IMG]

Pass Seat
[IMG][/IMG]

Now for the rears which forgot to take a pic of lol, but there in the car already, and so everyone knows the CL-S rears don't fold down like the accord rear seats.

Here's before
[IMG][/IMG]

Me doing some work on them that the gf snapped a shot behind my back
[IMG][/IMG]

After cutting panels and modifying the CL back seat, finally got it in, than the bottoms, had to do some bracket changing on the floor board and bolting the console down. and I had to use the accord seat belts, because I didn't take the one's out of the Cl but I made them work. I'm just sticking with doing the interior black and grey interior. but here's the pics in the car

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

finished product, they look amazing, at least to me

I have the rears done unless I decide to swap all the black leather panels I got for the accord yesterday, but the front seats I'm still in the process of wiring up, because I plan on having the heated seats working.
99cfENVYv6 likes this.
Black95gsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

From what I can tell from the picture, it looks like you did a good job fitting them. What kind of modifying on the brackets did you have to do to get them to fit? Doesnt everything line up (IE where the buckels meet the seats, where the seats line up to the floor pan and interior panels, etc)?
99cfENVYv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:42 PM   #3

I had to cut and trim the back part of the seat to fit over the bracket thats part of the floor pan the 6thgen rear seats fold down on,then the rear accord panels had to cut 5 inches off both sides straight down from the top by the seat belt, i set the back seat in and took a sharpie and traced the seat on the panel and cut it out. Than the bottoms, the accord bracket that the seat snaps into had to be swapped with the CL one. Theres a few other things to do, but it was time consuming more than anything.

Old July 31st, 2012, 09:44 PM   #4

And the bolt holes for the CL seats, the accord don't have, so once I got everything in there and tight in place, I drilled the holes and taped them to fit the original CL bolts.
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Alan N

Send a message via AIM to 02AEMAccord
Looks great, awesome deal. Can't wait to see tend result withe the front seats. Also how will you be wiring the heated seats in.?
02AEMAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:03 PM   #6

Not sure yet, I have the switches, but been reading and looking at the cl wiring harness, and how its wired up relay wise and other stuff to see if there's away to wire it up to the accord to make them even if relays have to be put in.
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #7

Alrighty well i finally got all the CL-S front and rear seats all in the car and all hooked up and working. The heated seats dont work right now, bc I still have some more parts to get still to wire them up, but as of right now the power seats all work and are very comfortable.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #8
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

Sweet. Thnx for sharing. There is a guy who swapped the dash into a 6th gen and has a thread on these forums, so you can do that if you want.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #9

Ya I thought about it, but the dash I was looking at theres a few things wrong with it and somethings missing. Plus I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of repinning everything like the cluster, climate control, radio, and nav. It's alot of work specially when I already have a aftermarket double din and nav that I like. Maybe one day. We'll see. I have a few other things I wanna get done first, like the heated seats, and getting the car repainted first.
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #10

I am considering installing CL seats also. How does the original Honda harness connectors match up with the Acura CL harness connectors. I am assuming that the airbag harness connectors are the same and that the bolt patterns to bolt the seats down are the same; am I correct. I would like detailed feedback on what had to be done for you to complete this mod.
hotav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotav6 View Post
I am considering installing CL seats also. How does the original Honda harness connectors match up with the Acura CL harness connectors. I am assuming that the airbag harness connectors are the same and that the bolt patterns to bolt the seats down are the same; am I correct. I would like detailed feedback on what had to be done for you to complete this mod.
No, the harness isn't the same at all and the airbags won't work at all, because the CL has a completely different airbag system. There is defiantly more in depth than just plugging them in and making them work. The accord factory only has power driver, and pass manual. Where as the CL has both seats powered, heated, and memory seats.

03 CL type S seats - 6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

This thread will explain be a little more in depth, but you gotta make sure to read everything and all the links posted in it.

My seats aren't completely done, there's still the memory and heated seats that need hooked up, but I need more parts to do it.
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #12
'02 6.5Gen. J30A1

Nicely done! I'm hoping that you won't be having any big problems getting this done, and also wondering if you are able to use those key locks.
Sil2DrV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil2DrV6 View Post
Nicely done! I'm hoping that you won't be having any big problems getting this done, and also wondering if you are able to use those key locks.
I wish I could use the key locks, but I can't. because there from a different car and uses the same key as the doors and ignition. But at least when I got the parts they are all unlocked. Maybe later I'll look into maybe trying and put new locks in it that will work with my stock key.
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:03 PM   #14

very nice where did you pic these up?
Nanotex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanotex View Post
very nice where did you pic these up?
I actually got lucky and found these in the junkyard in great shape. and I got the front and rear seats, amd steering wheel for $70 bucks
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM   #16

wow thats lucky, did you have to do some conversion to get them like that or did your back seats come like that? mine def dont look like that lol
Nanotex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM   #17

The back seats are from the 03 CL-S to, There nothing close to what the stock accord rear seats are.
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #18

Clean.
K2114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #19

I'm in the middle of doing this swap. Does anyone have a more detailed explanation on what brackets to change or how to modify them to get the back seat in.
Adam1017 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #20

Ok so what I've found out with this swap is the back seat has to have 3 slots cut in the back deck lid for the 3 slots on the upper portion of the back seat to fit securely. As for the bottoms of the back seat the lower seat brackets out of the cl doesn't fit so I had to cut the 4 holes for those mounts. Hope this helps everyone.
Adam1017 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #21

i Have these seats in my 6th gen sedan aswell! i havent wired up the heat yet either lol
hguzman90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in