Crazy idea for Indiglo Gauges; Would this work?! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:32 PM   #1

Crazy idea for Indiglo Gauges; Would this work?!

Hello all,

Okay I'm still on a quest for red indiglo gauges and I have an idea, but I have no idea if it will work...so I'm asking you all, cause you probably know a lot more than I do. Okay, my friend found this gauge that has a seven color selector and I think the color is produced by an inverter. My question is (1) does this gauge actually operate using an inverter, (2) if it does then what type of connections does it have and (3) are those connections the same as those found in indiglo gauges? Any info would be helpful, thanks!

Here's the link for the gauge.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2457001621

Just copy it and paste it into your browser and it should work, if it doesn't work on your first try just refresh and it should come up....
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:52 PM   #2

now why in the world would you need SEVEN colors for your gauges?? lol.
lengjai223 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2004, 08:09 PM   #3

lol, I just want RED OR a deep purple; I'm doing a Red LED Conversion in my Accord and I'm changing out my in-car neons to red, so I wanted red indiglo gauges to match, but a deep purple would be fine...which reminds me: aren't these inverters capable of producing a broader range of color in your indiglo gauge?

Here's the link:
http://216.82.69.117/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=EG-INV-03

Let me know, cause I might order one to replace the inverter I have now.

Old February 4th, 2004, 02:06 AM   #4
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Hmm...I don't know about that inverter. It says it's only a 2-color inverter which IMO means it's only blue and green I'm starting to believe there is no inverters for red. The gauges I've seen with red lighting have red on the gauge markings. I was incorrect in the other thread about the Speed Hut gauges. The only gauges of theirs that light up red are the gauges with red markings.
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #5

I'll tell you what, whoever makes indiglo gauges in red is gonna make a lot of money because there is a growing number of people who want them, and you would think someone within "their ranks" has thought of this idea, because I mean its not that, well, intellectual. I mean c'mon people! Blue and Green is nice, but that certainly can't be the limit of todays technology, I mean we're putting drones on Mars for pete's sake!?!? There is a way to produce Red gauges and I'm gonna find a way....somehow....
Old February 4th, 2004, 06:36 AM   #6
bryan <3's bomex

if theres a will, theres a way
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2004, 08:22 AM   #7
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Re: Crazy idea for Indiglo Gauges; Would this work?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark on February 3rd, 2004 at 09:32 PM

my friend found this gauge that has a seven color selector and I think the color is produced by an inverter. My question is (1) does this gauge actually operate using an inverter, (
What makes you think it uses an inverter? From what I read about it, it just looks like it uses 7 different color led's, and then a switch to determine which of those 7 colors it is powering/lighting up.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to 99AznAccord
If you want the entire guages to light up red, here is what I did. The 2 bulbs up at the very top that shine down on your gauges. You can replace those with red LED's. Remove the filter and let all the red through. It makes the ENTIRE gauges turn deep red. I am at school right now, but will post pics of it later.
99AznAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2004, 11:50 AM   #9

Yeah, definitely send me a pic whenever you can, no rush though. Oh, and my point about the inverter: most of these aftermarket gauges use some type of inverter to produce the color, it just depends on the frequency, where specific colors are produced by certain frequencies. So they all have one, but whether or not they all have the same TYPE of inverter is what my question concerned. Anyway I don't think that gauge I listed above is compatable with indiglo gauges, but I thought I would ask anyway. Thanks for all your replies !!
Old February 4th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to 99AznAccord
Well I tried to IM you so I could send the pic, but here it is.

And you can dim it all the way down like this.

99AznAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in