Help! I have a huge Gap in my wheel well. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #1

Help! I have a huge Gap in my wheel well.

Ok,here is my current setup, Stock springs and tokico illumina adjustables, i have 18"s with 215/35/18, right now i am trying to fill the big ass gap in the wheel well, its like a 4" gap that looks like ass, i want to lower my car back down on my eibach pro's i took off, but i have to keep in mind my front bumper hangs really low and i gotta keep it from scrapin everywhere. So with 19"s and bigger tires i think i can fill that gap up, or sell my tires and get bigger ones, anyone who's knows about this stuff help me out please.
HERE ARE A FEW PICS SO YOU CAN SEE THE HORRIBLE GAP!

The ride height in my signiture is not how im riding now, its a few inches higher now that i raised it back up, the pic shows eibach pro's with stock suspension.

Last edited by acordcoupe4u2nv; February 8th, 2004 at 11:33 PM..
acordcoupe4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2004, 09:03 PM   #2
bryan <3's bomex

time to go off roading
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:07 PM   #3

ha, thanks for tha help mastadulog, lets all make fun of my gap shall we. really i need some advice please.

Old February 8th, 2004, 09:10 PM   #4

cant remember how to post the pics so i linked them but someone please tell me how and i'll fix that.
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #5

19s i would think just would make u sit higher, more gap. your gonna have to lower it. maybe coil overs this time tho, some ground controls, so you can go low but not so low that you lose your front bumper. i think that is really your only choice. bigger rims with the same series tire is just gonna make a bigger gap.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #6
___

Yea, bigger rims won't give you a smaller gap, because the bigger rims you get, the smaller tires you'll need to get. Prokits with that bumper will be fine, you'll just have to go really slow and be careful over dips I have pro-kits and a JT Evo IV bumper and it's fine once you get used to it.
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #7

damn those low series tires make that gap look like an ass...
formatsee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #8

i drove my car for about a month with the front bumper only about 2.5 inches off the road and it was a *****, i couldn't go anywhere without scraping it and possibly cracking it cuz its fiberglass, im thinkin about going urethane on the front bumper and lowering it back down but i still would like more tire cuz even with my tokico's set on the softest setting the ride is pretty rough on my car. btw whats the [ ? ] thing i have to do to make the links turn into pic on the post?
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:24 PM   #9

yea...some coilovers would probably be good so you can mess with the height...i have some VIS v-spec II's im selling for cheap if your interested. 110 bucks...PM me if you're interested
imfillinit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:26 PM   #10
___

Quote:
Originally posted by acordcoupe4u2nv on February 8th, 2004 at 08:44 PM

i drove my car for about a month with the front bumper only about 2.5 inches off the road and it was a *****, i couldn't go anywhere without scraping it and possibly cracking it cuz its fiberglass, im thinkin about going urethane on the front bumper and lowering it back down but i still would like more tire cuz even with my tokico's set on the softest setting the ride is pretty rough on my car. btw whats the [ ? ] thing i have to do to make the links turn into pic on the post?
IMG, check your first post, I'll edit it to show you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:31 PM   #11

[.img] insert link here.jpg [./img]

ofcourse take the period out
formatsee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:54 PM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to azn010 Send a message via AIM to azn010
im selling my coilovers soon for cheap too..if you dont mind a bumpy ride u should think about it.
azn010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #13

nice clean white coupe
tha eklectiq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2004, 11:35 PM   #14

im thinkin bout coilovers but i dont wont a worse ride than i already have just to fix the gap problem
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:19 AM   #15
mao
v6p gangster

Send a message via AIM to mao
hmm. i have 19''s on my ride and im dropped on prokit. i don't scrape at all, if i don't drive like an idiot. scraping is not my main concern....only prob is when i rub occasionally goin over bumps and dips fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
mao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:39 AM   #16

Re: Help! I have a huge Gap in my wheel well.

Quote:
Originally posted by acordcoupe4u2nv
Ok,here is my current setup, Stock springs and tokico illumina adjustables, i have 18"s with 215/35/18
This is your problem.........

215/35/18.... WOW...

What you should have got:
215/45/18
225/40/18
235/35/18

These tires are WAY closer to the smae size as the stocks... Instead you got a sharter tire, making the gap look MORE exagerated.
Ei-ccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #17

how much of the gap would the 235/35 fill up or the 225/40? i didn't know much about tires when i ordered my rims, and the guy told me these tires would work to adjust for the offset being a lil under, and i was like ok whatever cuz i didn't know better.

mao, whats size tires do you have? and your bumper is like mine but a bit diff cuz i got the octane and you got the r34, is your front bumper urethane? anybody know where i can get the octane in urethane, i haven't seen them.
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #18
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by acordcoupe4u2nv on February 9th, 2004 at 02:26 PM

how much of the gap would the 235/35 fill up or the 225/40?
Well, here's some info.....

215/35-18 _ 23.93" tall

215/45-18 _ 25.62" tall

225/40-18 _ 25.09" tall

235/35-18 _ 24.48" tall

Keep in mind that only half of the difference in tire heights is what the difference will be in your wheel well. In other words, comparing your 215/35 to the 215/45, the difference in height is 1.69", but the wheel well gap is only decreased by the difference in the radial dimension (the radius)..... about .85", or almost 7/8"..... a pretty good bit. The other tire sizes are even closer in height to your undersized tire, so they would have even less of an impact on your gap. With the 235/35 only making your gap smaller by .28", or about 1/4". Probably wouldn't even notice that small of a change.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #19
mao
v6p gangster

Send a message via AIM to mao
Quote:
how much of the gap would the 235/35 fill up or the 225/40? i didn't know much about tires when i ordered my rims, and the guy told me these tires would work to adjust for the offset being a lil under, and i was like ok whatever cuz i didn't know better.

mao, whats size tires do you have? and your bumper is like mine but a bit diff cuz i got the octane and you got the r34, is your front bumper urethane? anybody know where i can get the octane in urethane, i haven't seen them.
my tire size is 225/35/19. yah, im thinkin bout redoing my front and gettin the your version of the octane. i think extremedimensions.com has your bumper in polyurethane. which is my next choice. no more cracked fiberglass...grr.

|
mao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #20

i got lil spider cracks and **** all over, it really pisses me off.no doubt the damn fiberglass kit that i have is from what i hear only a few layers thick, if i did it again i would want like the thick 7 layers or urethane, i got mine from versusmotorsports.com, i think you have to be a dealer to order from them though. mayb not. im gonna check out the site you said and see what they got.
so what about some 245/45 tires, could i do that and would that take up more room?
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #21

you want 225/40 tires w/ coilovers and it will solve all your problems and the ride isnt that bad, i know since i have it and no wheel gap
AF_BRYAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #22
bryan <3's bomex

so the stuff from visionaeordynamics isnt thicK?
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:50 PM   #23
ANdy

Send a message via AIM to ghettobuddha Send a message via Yahoo to ghettobuddha
I have the exact same tire/rim sizes, but dropped on TEIN Basic coils, rides very stockish, a little stiffer, but still comfortable.

They seem to fill the gap perfectly. I'd rather get 40 series tires; but I got a good deal on the Yoko's.

You just need a little lowering, then don't drive like a moron.

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX CG5

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Click on the Sig for legibility =P
ghettobuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 07:35 PM   #24

ghettobuddha,
sweet ride man, i like how your car sits but i dont think i could go that low with my front bumper being so long, how much do you like those Tein's, how much did you pay, what about ground controls, not good enough for you, i know teins cost more,dont they?
and to mastadulog, its versusmotorsports, not visionareodynamics. and the kit i got seemed thick but i dont know much about kits and mines all crackin, maybe this happens to even the thickest of kits, think im gonna go urethane next unless someone has urethane and has had cracks too. let me know.
Old February 9th, 2004, 08:53 PM   #25
ANdy

Send a message via AIM to ghettobuddha Send a message via Yahoo to ghettobuddha
Quote:
ghettobuddha,
sweet ride man, i like how your car sits but i dont think i could go that low with my front bumper being so long, how much do you like those Tein's, how much did you pay, what about ground controls, not good enough for you, i know teins cost more,dont they?
and to mastadulog, its versusmotorsports, not visionareodynamics. and the kit i got seemed thick but i dont know much about kits and mines all crackin, maybe this happens to even the thickest of kits, think im gonna go urethane next unless someone has urethane and has had cracks too. let me know.
I just did a lot of research and everyone loved their TEINs... so I decided to do it right the first time. This is my first time in a lowered car and my first aftermarket suspension, so i have nothing to compare it to but stock. It rides a tiny bit stiffer than stock but it's a NICE ride, it suprised me. They cost me 675 shipped from LaoSiFu on this forum, shoot him a PM and he'll hook you up. Very good seller.

-ANdy.

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX CG5

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Click on the Sig for legibility =P
ghettobuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #26
bryan <3's bomex

damn, i tend to misread things late at night. my bad !
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:34 PM   #27

You're supposed to match your stock diameter, so your speedometer won't be off, and you won't have more wheel gap like you have by having tires that are too thin.

Punch in your stock tire size here (195/65-15 for 4cyl, 205/65-15 for V6):

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

look in my sig, I've got 225/40-18s on stock height, and I have less gap than you do.

For a 225/40-18:

The 1st number is how wide the tire is in millimeters (225mm)

The 2nd shows how thick the sidewall is (40% of 225mm)

The 3rd number is obviously the wheel diameter (18 inches)

The guy who sold you your rims gave you the wrong tires. He may have been right in giving you 215mm wide tires, but a 35 series profile is too thin!

Do you know the width+offset of your 18" wheels?

You'll want to go with 225/40-18, since the diameter matches perfectly and you get a little more cushion than 215/40-18. However, if you are planning on lowering the car, and you know it'll rub, then you may want to go with the narrower 215/40-18.

Last edited by LX4CYL; February 9th, 2004 at 09:44 PM..
LX4CYL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #28
Accord Owner

So if you have a offset of 42 or 43 should you go with a 215/40 ????
00accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:02 PM   #29

my offset is i think around 38 and the rim width is 8", i know the guy gave me the wrong size tire now after the fact lol so im gettin new rims and tire with the right offset and tire size. know where i can get some 19" RH EVO C5's for cheap?
Old February 10th, 2004, 05:43 AM   #30
bryan <3's bomex

whats cheap to you? tires included? try www.speedandstyle.com
they also have exel replicas at wheelmax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in