ATTN: Audio experts - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:30 PM   #1

ATTN: Audio experts

well im startin to get some sounds for my ride but im not sure where to start...
price range: 800 installed
looking for: good sounds (i play mostly rock and rap) and looks

i was looking around and i ran across these options

option 1

Audiobahn 2 12" subs

option 2

Audiobahn 3 12" subs

i kno these options dont include the amps so amp suggestions are appreciated

if anyone has any suggestions about what setup i can get or where i could get it. that would be great

thanks
tha eklectiq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 10th, 2004, 04:14 AM   #2

phoenix gold or memphis amp...

that's not much of a decision factor... you wanna pound out loud, get more speakers... remember thou you need more of an amp to push the more speakers... and one is bandpass, and one is sealed... so it's all a matter of preference... i like the sound of bandpass, but it won't SLAM like a sealed box.
ADDICTED2ICELED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 07:10 AM   #3

but audiobahn are decent subs right?

Old February 10th, 2004, 07:24 AM   #4

in terms of price/power, that's a good deal... but they're not necessarily good subs.
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:58 AM   #5

you need to go into stores and hear everything before you make a decison on what to buy...dont trust us, trust yourself.... especially since I am going to tell you that a bandpass sounds like **** to me...

so if ice likes it and I dont...where does that leave you? use your head and your ears and make your own decisions, do your own reasearch, and since the only one who this decision affects is you, make up your own mind and dont pre judge anythign...you might find some no name brand for cheap that you think sounds great. dont let other people tell you what to get....
jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 09:01 AM   #6

i was thinking bout audiobahns, but research tells me that they arnt as good as i thought they were. Try researching Alpine Type-R's. Their pretty good subs for the buck and u can get them for good price on E-bay. But for me... im saving up for a W7 haha ^^ gonna take me alongggggggg time tho
AtLxkEvinx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #7

what kind of music do you listen to... i can usually generalize my customers sub preference by what music they listen to
Old February 10th, 2004, 09:32 AM   #8

hey addicted... do u dink w7 subs are worth it? i mostly listen to rap and r&b, sometimes rock. my friend has 8'' w7 and pounds hard as %^&#, making me want to get one, but kinda pricey... and how would u compare the W3v2 to Alpine Type-R's? cuz those are my 2nd choice of subs if not w7 xD
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:09 AM   #9

damn thread hijackers lol

my music preference are rock and rap depends on my mood
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:16 AM   #10

sorry haha, i was afraid u were gonna say dat xD, but i just thought it would help the both of us and provide us with more imformation

Last edited by AtLxkEvinx; February 10th, 2004 at 10:19 AM..
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by AtLxkEvinx
hey addicted... do u dink w7 subs are worth it? i mostly listen to rap and r&b, sometimes rock. my friend has 8'' w7 and pounds hard as %^&#, making me want to get one, but kinda pricey... and how would u compare the W3v2 to Alpine Type-R's? cuz those are my 2nd choice of subs if not w7 xD
for the W7 if you want it to SLAM, then yes... but if you want it to sound good... no... there are costs beyond the actual sub. to really harness the power of that speaker, a box with at least 1" of MDF will have to be custom built... this type of sub is good for rap and r&B, a bit too bassy for rock... but you'd be getting into midbass if you REALLY want to get better rock sound.

i'd say alpine type R's rules JL... but it's a matter of opinion... you'd have to hear it for yourself... that's why there are soo many brands...
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by tha eklectiq
damn thread hijackers lol

my music preference are rock and rap depends on my mood
those audiobahn's have a good midbass range and will suffice well for rock... but their sub-bass is weak... that is a really good deal for a box like that thou... we would charge $400-$500 just for the box...
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #13

so which setup u think is better? the 2 or 3 subs?
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:44 PM   #14

what amp you gonna use to push it?
Old February 10th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #15

for 800 you can get a hifonics brutus 1500 and re xxx12" of adire brahma sub. 1 of those will hit harder then 2 audiobahns
Tignws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #16

i dont even know, thanks for ur help

im not really looking for just the "bump", i want some things that look good too
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #17

well the brahma subs look awesome http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_aud...hma_series.htm
and this is the xxx re sub
http://www.respl.com/
these are probably the best in car audio, these subs willl kill w7 jl subs.
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:56 PM   #18

2 will be more efficient... 3 will need more power... not just because it's more speakers, but a sealed box needs more umph to push it over a bandpass.
Old February 10th, 2004, 07:44 PM   #19

make sure the box is up to speed with whatever sub you get.... nothing erks me more than a great sounding sub farting like crazy in a crappy box. $800 should be plenty for a decent subwoofer and sub amp... the box you'll need to build or factor in another $100 or so more for a nicely built box by Mr. Marv.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:22 PM   #20

800 is a bit tight... U can go wit 1 l7 15inch and kx1200.1 but u make be 3 hundred over budget but ure car will bang hard
Sticmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:33 PM   #21

i really lyk how the box is on the first option, but ill probably get 2 12" phoenix golds on ebay

what u guys think?

what sub should i use?
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #22

now you're talkin my language... pg's the way to go!

octane or tantrum? octanes r like $60, tantrums like $115 i thing...

best to get a box locally becuase shipping will rape you.
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:11 PM   #23

what sub should i get addicted?
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:42 PM   #24

bro get one adire brahma and blow any other sub away(except for re xxx),also check this sub out
http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/12a.htm
Old February 11th, 2004, 05:41 AM   #25

Tig.. dont get too subjective with the brahma or the A series eDesign... both are excellent subwoofer and both will play to SPL levels that will cause ear fatigue for daily driving. If he wants a budget sub.. he should get 1 12 IDQ from image dynamics in a 30hz 2.5-3.0 cube ported box.... drive that with a decent 400-500watts and he'll be very surprised by the performance... The brahmas, IDmax and A's turned me away was their hefty weight which in turn add in a heavy box and you're car will have 60-100lbs of heft back there... on top of the rattles that will surface from the high levels of sound pressure. It's for him to decide but I'm quite curious what he gets in the end.
Old February 11th, 2004, 08:25 AM   #26

tantrums are the most bang for your buck as far as my opinion goes. their quality is decent, and they're a long haul sub. none of them come back blown once we install them.

i could go without all the action goin on in the dustcup, but performance is just as good as usually expected from PG.

these will probably give you more bass then you would want coupled with a decent amp.

for amp you can go anywhere from a tantrum 500, to a 1200 (the 1200 is the most bang for your buck, becuase they are typically underrated, they really do around 1400 watts.) depending on how much you want it to hit.

but as you can see, most people's opinions differ. from my experience, once i get someone into PG stuff, they never go back. (that's how i became a dealer, i started with one MS amp, and eventually wound up hitting 158db taken from the windshild of my car running all PG stuff.
Old February 11th, 2004, 09:42 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by L_fty
Tig.. dont get too subjective with the brahma or the A series eDesign... both are excellent subwoofer and both will play to SPL levels that will cause ear fatigue for daily driving. If he wants a budget sub.. he should get 1 12 IDQ from image dynamics in a 30hz 2.5-3.0 cube ported box.... drive that with a decent 400-500watts and he'll be very surprised by the performance... The brahmas, IDmax and A's turned me away was their hefty weight which in turn add in a heavy box and you're car will have 60-100lbs of heft back there... on top of the rattles that will surface from the high levels of sound pressure. It's for him to decide but I'm quite curious what he gets in the end.
sorry lol, i get a little crazy about thsoe subs.i used to have a 15" brahma in my car those thiongs are monsters, but ha they might be too strong for soem aplications.but man i love those subs
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #28

LOL jeeziz 15 brahma.. I bet your brain was mush after a couple of 140db burps as a daily driver
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:17 PM   #29

yea i didnt want to have that much power, so ill probably get pg's
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #30

the bhramas are nice.
littlejuanito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in