suggestions for a friends Cabrio - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2004, 11:32 AM   #1

suggestions for a friends Cabrio

my friend has a convertable (obviously) Cabrio that has one blown rear speaker. she was complaining that when the top is down, the stock stereo is terrible. she wants to upgrade so that she can hear it with the top down.

i suggested, since she needs the rear one anyway, to get component speakers all around, an amp to power them, and a new head unit. another friend suggested regular rear speakers, stock fronts, and a sub in the trunk. i think this is a dumb idea, cuz itll just give her more bass, not more clarity for when she needs it with the top down.

so what do you guys think? she has a budget of $800 including the head unit. if she lets me help her, im gonna take her to Streeteffectz, so I asked Ron too, I just want your guys input as well. any suggestions are worth while, but keep it under that price limit, and sound quality is key here. thanks guys.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 10th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #2

For top-down cruising, the most important piece of the audio system would be HIGH powered amps. She'd be better off spending more on a powerful amp and getting just "average" speakers, cuz you need the wattage to overcome the wind noise. I'd try to go for atleast 100W per channel so you'll be able to actually hear the music.
snork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #3

convertibles suck when it comes sound, well actually for bass because it all escapes out the top. but they're cool in the summer
smokedoutv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 10th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #4

the VW cabrios 95-00 (I dunno if that's the exact car your friend has) have 5.25inch drivers all around.. but I could be mistaken. As said earlier... she'll need lots of SPL to hear music, especially lower midrange upper midbass... so better get a solid 100x4 amp and get some decent coaxes with good exursion to power them up... I wouldnt recommend components ina open top cabrio... the upper tweets will have have the treble in a lost valence rainbow effect.. ... but with coaxes with tweets low in the doors will preserve some of the soundstage... some things to think about...
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:11 PM   #5

cool thanks guys, thats basically the same thing ron suggested too. well see what she wants to get done, but ill definitley keep in mind about the coaxials.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in