For those w/ TVs - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:29 AM   #1

For those w/ TVs

I have a question regarding TV tuners, i'm looking at a DVD player that either has a TV tuner or doesnt, my question is how is the reception throught the TV tuner? (yes it comes w/ an antenna) I just dont know if i'm actually going to get any TV stations so i dont know if i should waste the extra $. Its only a $50 difference, but i cant stand when things dont work

thanks in advance for the replies.
smokedoutv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2004, 09:06 AM   #2
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
I have one from sony and my reception is OK....its not the bast when driving around but i'm still able to listen to it while driving its not all scratchy. I would say for 50 bux more it be worht having it....but let me tell you its a pain in the a$$ to install..i had to take apart most of my car to put it in and run the wires....

let me know if you have any more Qs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SPONSORS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:21 AM   #3

whats a PITA to install? i plan in this whole project being somewhat of a PITA. I have to install the 3rd din underdash and from what i hear thats a real b*tch, so i wouldnt think installing the dvd player would be that difficult? i'm thinking either inglove box or under seat (i found in my old car that had no suspension that underseat is less likely to skip) but that doesnt matter cus it comes with like 18ft for the remote eye. And tips are greatly appreciated, thanks for the repsonse.

Old February 16th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #4

i know more people then Nittany has aTV in thier car, i've seen the pictures people, a lil feedback huh?
Old February 16th, 2004, 01:02 PM   #5
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
I don't have tuner and don't care getting one either.. sorry, just my 2c..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 16th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #6

QuizWORX has the Rosen r6500 unit in his car and he says with the dual diversity antennaes, he can get all channels above 7 (here in the socal 2=CBS 4=NBC 5=WB 7=ABC 11=FOX 13=UPN) with no problem but anything under 7 depends on the conditions and locations. So i suppose if you get a booster antennae you should be able to get all the channels no problem
99AccordEXv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 16th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #7

ok cool, i think for the extra $50 i'll take my chances, as long as i can get SOME channel i'll be happy. I just didint want it to be constant snow no matter what channel i put it on, that woulda made me
Old February 16th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #8

i got a dvd player (with tv tuner) off ebay with a amplified antenna, i hooked it up real quick in my garage to see if it works an i was pickin up a few channels, if i moved the antenna around a bit and it got a bit more clear but the sound was not bad
98av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #9

no matter where you move the antenna it doesn't really matter because the car move around. Those tin wire-like tv antenna isn't that much good compare to the aluminum thing. But the aluminum looks ugly. The best thing you may want to do is add an antenna amplifier or booster.

The installer originally installed that aluminum antenna on mine but its ugly and when you stretch it all it tends to vibrate on the glass/windshield. I ask them to replace it with a thin black wire-like antenna so its kinda hidden. I will replace it soon with built-in antenna amplifier.
QuizWORX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:05 PM   #10
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
where are you going to find that...i hate my antennas they look so ugly!!

SPONSORS:
-
-
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:18 PM   #11

mine looks like this;
http://vcdhit.com/player/1-ACC/TA-2Y/front.jpg
still kinda ugly!!
but yeah you're right, if the car is moving then it doesn't matter where the antenna is!
98av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by 98av6
mine looks like this;
http://vcdhit.com/player/1-ACC/TA-2Y/front.jpg
still kinda ugly!!
but yeah you're right, if the car is moving then it doesn't matter where the antenna is!
Mine is somewhat like that before but its not amplified. That aluminum type is pretty strong but the thing is, its ugly. I mean the windshield is a bit curve and not flat so that thing has a tendency to vibrate and which is annoying.

You can put one on front and one on the back to get perfect picture anywhere.

My TV tuner needs at least 2 antenna.

Dont be fooled if they try to sell antenna more than 80bux even if its amplified.
Injen Intake, Injen Heat Shield, Hayden Transmission Oil Cooler, Denso Iridium Sparkplugs, APEXi WS Cat-back exhaust (single), SPE Helix Throttle Body Spacer, Hyper Ground System, Hyper Voltage System.

Cross-drilled, Eibach Pro-kit Springs, 5Zigen 5ZR 225/40 R18 2pc, Pirelli P-Zero Nero 225/40 R18

Levoc pedal, Razo shift knob, 2002 Accord Head Rest, H.I.D. 10k Headlight, Rosen R6500 Double-DIN DVD/CD/MP3/TV/AM-FM Stereo, NAV Ready

Honda OEM Body kit, Honda OEM Spoiler
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #13

I get about 11 channels here in San Jose, unfortunately 4 are in spanish, and 2 are shopping networks lol I use somethign similar to this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32827 but mine has active gain on it as well. I like listening to the news on the way home.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2004, 12:12 AM   #14

dont want to sound stupid but what does din mean thanks
mark k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2004, 12:16 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to evahak311
where are cds/cassette/radio players are, they call that a din.
evahak311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally posted by illusion
I get about 11 channels here in San Jose, unfortunately 4 are in spanish, and 2 are shopping networks lol I use somethign similar to this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32827 but mine has active gain on it as well. I like listening to the news on the way home.

I got the same thing too much not double loop. This antenna is good for UHF but on ch. 2, 4 and 5 they are weak. I need the same kind but with amplifier or booster.
Injen Intake, Injen Heat Shield, Hayden Transmission Oil Cooler, Denso Iridium Sparkplugs, APEXi WS Cat-back exhaust (single), SPE Helix Throttle Body Spacer, Hyper Ground System, Hyper Voltage System.

Cross-drilled, Eibach Pro-kit Springs, 5Zigen 5ZR 225/40 R18 2pc, Pirelli P-Zero Nero 225/40 R18

Levoc pedal, Razo shift knob, 2002 Accord Head Rest, H.I.D. 10k Headlight, Rosen R6500 Double-DIN DVD/CD/MP3/TV/AM-FM Stereo, NAV Ready

Honda OEM Body kit, Honda OEM Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in