Need a How to guided for Indiglo installation - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2004, 08:18 AM   #1

Need a How to guided for Indiglo installation

I know you guys had a how to guided for the installation for indiglo gauges, but I can not find it. Can any one of you hook me up with an installation guided for my 2001 AV6 coupe. I finally got the Siliver gauges that i wanted but i need some help !

Greddy MX Dual CatBack Exhaust; Apexi V-AFC; Helix Power Tower; AEM Short Ram Intake; Denso Spark Plugs; Tokico 5 way Adj Shocks; Eibach Prokit; Velox VX6 18" rims; Pioneer CD & Tape radio; Pioneer Preimer Comp Spker FT; Kicker 6-9 RR; 1F Cap; RockfordPunch 800W; Crossfire 400W
taz2ko0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 24th, 2004, 05:45 PM   #2

Mkay, here's a quick rundown. First you need to remove the plastic cover surrounding your gauge pod. To do this you will need to remove two screws near the top. Once removed just pull the trim toward yourself and it should come out fine. Next you will need to remove two more screws holding in the gauge cluster. Also, there are two golden screws at the bottom (there are two sets, and only two of them actually hold the gauge cluster in place); remove those. Now here's the tricky part. In the back of your gauge cluster are 3 connection ports. Pull out the gauge cluster as much as you can, but don't be too harsh. Maneuver the gauge pod until you see a green cap above the temp and gas display. I just used a long flat head screw-driver to pop the connector out of its port. Just look for the little tab and push it up. Once removed you can maneuver the pod around alot better; just remove the other two connectors from the back and the gauge pod should be free.

Okay, now there should be three of those golden screws that are holding the back of the gauge cluster to the front section of it. Remove those screws and you will be able to take off the plastic covering and bezel. Okay, now before you put on your indiglo gauges I would recommend putting two sided tape on the back of them to aid in the installation, plus it will keep them in place better. All you need to do is slide your gauges over your needles, be careful not to break the needles, and align them correctly. Okay, now that you have your gauge faces in your gonna need to hook up your inverter and switch. I don't know what kinda of switch you have but if its small enough you can do the following: on the drivers side, there is a panel, remove that panel to reach your fuse box. Also pull your coin tray straight out (just give it a good tug and it will come out) and remove the screws holding in the metal plate. Once you do this just pull out that entire plastic piece (includes your vent and cruise control and/ or moonroof controls. Once removed reach in the back of this piece and push down the tabs to push out the popout buttons. I'm assuming that you have one.

Now, all you need to do is put your switch in the place where you just removed the tab and run the black wire to the ground source (the ground source is just a screw in the chassis, near your fuse box). Now you need to run the red cord to a switchable power source; I ran it to the top red wire in the fuse box. Sorry, I can't remember what that power source was called, but its on the very top (I remember seeing a pic somewhere on this site, try doing a search and you should be able to find it) You can either "ram" the red cored into the same slot, OR, you can buy a special connector and connect the two wire together. Back to your gauge cluster: there is a small hole in the back and to the left of the gap where the gauge cluster was, just run your indiglo connectors through there and connect them to your inverter switch. Put everthing back together and bingo...your done! It really isn't that hard. Let me know if you have any questions!

*Sorry this was so long winded!

btw: my SRS light came on during the installation and someone told me I should have disconnected the battery before the installation.
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
theres no need to disconnect the battery i did the method above and my srs light never came on
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 24th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #4

Well, my SRS came on, and it was due to the install of the indiglo gauges; either the removal of the gauge cluster, or the wiring caused the problem....
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #5

btw, you would be wiring to the parking lights. Just remembered
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Teirs
i got the indiglo gauges, and i got as far as taking out the cluster, taking apart the cluster only to find that the holes on the gauges i got didnt match mine, so I bought red bulb covers instead and put them on the 194 bulbs and put it back together, my srs light never came on, so iono what you did wrong.
Teirs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2004, 12:53 PM   #7
AKA DaBluest

Yeah about the SRS light coming on, I think if you turn on the car with the cluster removed it will do that. I've removed my cluster numerous times w/o any problems (never had the key in the ignition while un/installing).
Cool_Honda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2004, 04:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Cool_Honda
Yeah about the SRS light coming on, I think if you turn on the car with the cluster removed it will do that. I've removed my cluster numerous times w/o any problems (never had the key in the ignition while un/installing).

I'm 99.9% sure that your right and I remember my Dad wanting me to turn on my engine in the middle of my install; I didn't think much of it at the time, even with my gauge cluster being removed. So in my case I think your right, in relation to my SRS light.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:05 PM   #9
Q

damn my temp gauge needle broke!! piece of ****! i guess i was putting too much pressure. now i m dont want ne reverse gauges. i have put it away.

maybe one day i'll try again and hope to not to break ne other needles because the other ones are more important. i guess i will cut it and slide it

can i replace just the needle because when i looked behind the cluster i saw some screws and the 'needle unit by itself'
accord6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:21 PM   #10
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
yeah i was scared of breaking the needles so i just cut a line through the gauges and put some super glue on the back u never knew it was there
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:45 PM   #11
Q

just when i thought i almost got it thru, it just snapped...
accord6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:50 PM   #12
thread killer

Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
well the SRS light came on for me...just today too...how do i go about getting rid of it? i tried taking the fuse out for it but that didn't work...help yalls
vtecricebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2004, 12:45 AM   #13
AKA DaBluest

Reseting SRS Light:

Good Instructions with pics
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:08 AM   #14
thread killer

Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
thanks for the thread...it wasn't that hard to do at all...but it was a biatch going under the dash...
vtecricebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in