put together a good system for me - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 01:33 PM   #1

put together a good system for me

so i already installed the rosen r6500 as my head unit...everything else is stock. Im looking for more balance instead of bass heavy so im looking for just about 1 10" in the back maybe a jl 10w7 and a jl 500/1. As for the front im looking for a decent set of components as well as 6x9's for the rear and an amp to power those speakers as well. I have maybe around 1000-1200 to mess with so if you guys know of any hookups i would appreciate it.
99AccordEXv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2004, 01:37 PM   #2

1 10in jl w7 if u want the ability for deep bass or clean sound or audiobahn subs. pair of boston acoustic component sets or mb quart. 1 500.1 jl amp for the subs and 500.4 jl amp for the highs/mids, tuned properly it would hit, be clean and clear while not over the top.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 03:16 PM   #3

nice...what does a pair of boston acoustic compnenets run? i know the mb quarts are like 200-250 arent they?

Old February 21st, 2004, 04:42 PM   #4

a set of CDT HD-62EF from the zeb(only $199 right now, there is NOTHING at that price range that can come remotely close to these drivers, and I MEAN NOTHING) Some alpine SPR-694A Type-Rs for the back, should be able to pick them up for around $100, again can't beat it in this price range.

The sub and amp setup you want for the trunk is pretty happy, then a JL 300/4 for $300-$350 to run the CDTs and alpine and you're ROCKIN'. For a little mote power a JL 450/4 is a nice choice, but expect to pay a little over $550 for one of those.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 04:50 PM   #5

wow...thanks for the advice illusion, i like that setup a lot, i should be able to squeeze it all in for a little over 1000 then huh? by the way, CDT, is that classic something car audio? i've never really heard much about them
Old February 21st, 2004, 05:06 PM   #6

Not sure what it stands for, they are an up and coming company about the same lines as when focal was starting out, kind of an underground company for now, but they are definately getting out. I've never heard a CDT setup I didnt' like for the price range. I have a buddy with their top end drivers(euro sport) in his M3, and I get a woody every time I listen to it. I had the CDT 3 way components(HD-642DTM) but had an amp freak out and while it was detroying itself it took out my cdts at the same time. I loved to drivers, not bright, nice warm mid end, and just fantastic sounding.

Here's their site http://www.cdtaudio.com/car_audio.htm

and the zeb http://www.thezeb.com a very reputable online car audio warehouse.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM   #7

can somebody help me find the right stuff too? im lost in car audio
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:58 PM   #8

forget jl , they make very good stuff but their stuff is way too expensive for what they can do, get resonant enginering xxx 10" sub and blow away the jl w7 and just get a hifonics amp to power them, imo just as good as jl amps at a half the price. i used to own brahma subs which are awesome as well. im gettign 2 re xxx 12' subs soon.
here is the website for re http://www.respl.com/
these are so sexy
Tignws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM   #9

I'll agree RE subs are definately nice, but I argue that hifonics is not just as good as JL. Hifonics are strong, and loud, but nowhere near the same quality or sound reproduction, also they are teh same as cruch amps, BLECK. JL are made to give the same power regarless of impedance or line votlage for the sake of clarity. .03% thd -108.5db NSR I can't find specs for the 4channel zeus, but I'd bet it's the same as the 2 channel which is .09% THD and -93db SNR, that's not even remotely in the same league.

Last edited by illusion; February 22nd, 2004 at 04:16 PM..
Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:23 PM   #10

bro what i am saying is it worth paying $700 to get 1000/1 when you can brutus bx1500 for like $270. i dont think the difrence is worth the extra $430
Tignws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Whitesides
JL, just like Soundstream, Fosgate (Power series), Zapco, and maybe a few others way underrate the power of their amps.

You do get what you pay for.
Whitesides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #12

Alright boys... once we start bustin out the THDs to compare amps... all that says to me is a circuit design that either has better internal componentry or massaged figures from the manufacturer. Hifonics vs JL audio... amplifiers to color sound, that I agree with but performance of one or the other from tech sheets wont hold water. Case and point all of the A/D/S amps,especially the older powerplate and the excellent sounding PQ series... if you take a look at their spec sheets...

Ex. PQ40.2: 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms * 300 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms * 150 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms * THD: 0.10% * S/N ratio:>90db * crossover frequency /slope:45-5kHz/ 12dB * bandwidth:10-30kHz * input sensitivity: 100mV to 10V * damping factor:>150 .... from the numbers alone the amp looks ho hum even Kickerlike internal quality (sorry for using Kicker)...

In the real world A/D/S amps are simply breathtaking with performance on par with the studio Zapcos...

so judge by ears
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in