Kumo Tires - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:35 PM   #1

Kumo Tires

want to keep all my fellow av6'rs updated. I got new rims two years ago on my 01 accord coupe (225 40 18) on Kumo tires. when i first put them on i had stearing vibration. Brang it to get fixed at Good Year tire and still had the vibration. Finaly I decided to bring the car to an allignment shop and they had a new tire balace machine in which they not only balanced the rim but also rotated the tire itself on the rims to get a perfect match. That cost allot, but the vibration stoped. Anyway My car drove great but it did hit the bumps quiet hard ( Comptech spring ). And the tires gripped so good on the road that the car would drift with road variations. After 8 months on my Kumo tires i noticed that my front right tire had a buble on the side wall and a tear near the rim. I had to order another one and Just today the same thing happed on the same tire. At this point i decided to put my OEM rims back on and the car rides and runs better. Their is a slight difference in handaling but the ride it-self is much smoother. The rattles in the car went away and the tranny shifts allot smother. The car also has allot more Low end prob. because of the weight. At this point i do not see any performance gain WORTH all of this. The bigest upseat is the look, so in the future if i decide to order new rims with DFFERENT TIRES i will probably just use them during the prime summer months ( auto shows) and then put the oe back on as soon as possible.
accordcomptech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2004, 09:11 PM   #2
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
you can add me to the list of the Kumho sidewall bubble and wear
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:55 PM   #3

I had them for 2 years, didn't have any problems. (225/40/18" as well).
jschmid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 21st, 2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
I am on the Kumho Ecsta Supra (712) series, and I think they are great tires as far as handeling, and grip, they are even better than the oem in the rain. But the bubble is wierd.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 10:09 PM   #5

yeah i have a bubble in one of mine too, same kind of tires as abe. but look at it like this. these are EXCELLNT tires, in the rain, dry, handle great, i think they ride great, and they are $100 low pro, high performance tires. this is the best bang for the buck that you can get. maybe $200 nittos or yokos would be better...but maybe not, ya know. i love them tho, and im replacing the 2 worn ones from bad alignment with kumhos again.

i just gotta avoid the potholes better.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 10:13 PM   #6

another note, i had the same tires on my 3000gt...they were 255.40s, so they had a little more sidewall, but still the same tire. no problem or anything. its just us hittin potholes.
Old February 21st, 2004, 10:18 PM   #7

no bubbles here...just not very good grip,i have the 712's also, i dont knwo if 20 degree weather means more hp, but when i floor it i can smell my tires peeling out and the smoke quite a bit
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:48 AM   #8

Did anyone get the buble as well as a small tear near the rim. What tire blew, (RR,RL,FR,FL)? I am asking because the same thing happen to the same tire the same way?. I also noticed that after i got the buble my car started to shake on HW.
accordcomptech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:33 AM   #9

i had the bubble on the sidewall of the FR, but no change in performance or ride and no vibration or anything.
Old February 25th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Whitesides
I had the 712's on my Mazda (215/45/17) and got a bubble on the RR, but no tear. I just thought it was because that rim was slightly bent (that car was super ghetto style).
Whitesides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in