Where to hook up the REM on stock HU? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 08:19 PM   #1
DjC
6th gen

Where to hook up the REM on stock HU?

Where do I connect the REM wire from my amp to my stock head unit? (6th gen accord)

I already connected the other wires with a PAC Line convertor, all I need is where to connect that REM wire? I searched, but only found half answers..

Connect to a switch? The fuse? I dunno!

Thanks alot!
DjC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2004, 09:17 PM   #2

ignition switched wire. Then the amps will turn on when the key is on and turn off when it's off. There isnt' a remote wire coming out of the stock deck.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:22 PM   #3
DjC
6th gen

which one is the ignition switch wire?
i followed this diagram, but my plug doesnt have this wire.

Old February 21st, 2004, 09:27 PM   #4

yellow with red stripe? It has to have it, use a voltmeter and figure out which one comes on when you turn the key to accessory. A $2 test light would work on this connector if you don't have a meter, there's nothing it can hurt on this line.
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:32 PM   #5
DjC
6th gen

thanks for the quick replies. well, the back of my HU has two plugs, one big one (with the diagram above) and the second one, which has solid colors (red, blue, etc.). the second one is connected to a big black box, which i assume is the security measures thing.

well the first main plug does not have this yellow with red strip.
Ill try and get a voltmeter.

thanks again.
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:38 PM   #6

Tap a power off the cigarette lighter. It's the easiest and simpliest switched ACC line that i know of.

Jon
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:39 PM   #7
DjC
6th gen

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon2002
Tap a power off the cigarette lighter. It's the easiest and simpliest switched ACC line that i know of.

Jon
cool, thanks for the tip. how exactly do i power it off the lighter? do i have to take off the console?

sorry guys, imma big noob

Last edited by DjC; February 21st, 2004 at 09:42 PM..
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:44 PM   #8

you could try a fuse tap or tap into the back of the fuse box. Personally since your PAC LOC is probably behind the radio I'd stick with the radio power wire.

If you are in dire straights for an accessory wire, the main ignition switched wire is white with black and it's HUGE 10 or 12 gauge coming from the ignition.

*edit***

I was just thinking, what is your LOC(lin out convertor) hooked up to for means of power. That would work just dandy since the amps need to be on whenever the LOC is one and vice versa.

Last edited by illusion; February 21st, 2004 at 09:49 PM..
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:51 PM   #9
DjC
6th gen

thanks bro ill check it out.

well the pac lock only has 6 wires (right speaker +/-, left speaker +/-, and two grounds.) good idea though. =/
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:54 PM   #10

oh i'ts a passive LOC. sorry I tried.

hmmm I'll poke around tomorrow if it's not raining out and see if I can help you out.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:50 PM   #11
DjC
6th gen

thats cool, thanks though man. we used your voltmeter method, and found out that it was acutally a white wire with red stripe. so when its off, the amp is off, and so forth.

but another problem came up, if i turn off the unit (push the button), theres a loud constant boom coming from the woofer, but our alternate solution was to not turn it off at all (just leave the volume all the way down.)

but when after i put the key to the 0 position, it goes boom, then off. any idea why?
Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:53 PM   #12

it's because you're going through a passive LOC and how the deck works. When you turn the deck off the outputs float so the LOC freaks out and will just let noise through. When there's no endpoint to a connection(like when the outputs of the deck float) the wires become a huge antenna picking up any crap it can find which is usually a really low signal that the subs will reproduce, it's happening on the highs too, but it's more audible in the lower freqs.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 04:49 PM   #13
DjC
6th gen

Gotcha... thanks

But I have another problem now ...

I have an Alpine CDCHANGER in the trunk (I have the Cassette HeadUnit). So yesterday, It played CD's fine, this morning it played fine up until one point then all of a sudden it doesnt work any more. The changer ejects and moves and everything, but it just goes through the cds, like it isnt reading it. I've tried all CDs, originals and copied, but it none work. The only thing I remember doing was changing CD's too rapidly (by pressing the numbers on the HU.)

But I dunno..any ideas?
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:34 AM   #14

needs to be cleaned and the laser aligned if possible..take it out an take it to your local best buy...they will charge like mabyee 20, and if they are good that should fix the problem....
jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in