Decks - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:36 AM   #1
CG1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to ATran Send a message via MSN to ATran
Decks

Hey,
I'm looking to buy decks. I wanted Alpine but then saw my friends new car which has a Kenwood one. Its pretty tight cause it has that d mask thing and like disappears when your car is off. hehe

Does anyone one know another company besides Kenwood that does that too? or does anyone know which Kenwood deck I should get that can do that? My friend has the one thats in the MazdaSpeed Protege.. Also is there an Alpine that also disappears too? (That would be tite as h***)
Thanks all

Last edited by ATran; February 22nd, 2004 at 10:29 AM..
ATran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:27 PM   #2

there are a couple of companies, sony and panasonic, that do a ghost face....

but if I am a theif, and I llok in your car and dont see a slot or a connector, I know you have a dmask or a ghost face, they are not that consipcuious, In fact I have always maintained that they create a false sense of security...
jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:39 PM   #3

Alpine does do a hidden face, they call it Fantomface XL the CD-7998 and cda-7897 both have this. When you turn the power off in the car, 30 seconds later the face disappears.

But I do agree with the false sense of security. I think a "Protected By Smith and Wesson" works best. lol

Last edited by illusion; February 22nd, 2004 at 03:19 PM..
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:00 PM   #4
CG1 Driver

Ohhhh nice. Does it look nice on a sedan 99? does it look too big? or would that be tite?

also which one should i get from alpine? the detachble ones or the one that just hides?

Last edited by ATran; February 22nd, 2004 at 03:03 PM..
Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:23 PM   #5

it's all up to you. What features and functions you want. It's really not good to solely go on looks, one of the best decks around doesn't look like much, but when you turn it on you realize what the fuss about it is(denon dct-z1). Look for what you want then go listen to some. I like the alpine CDA-7998 because it's it's features, it's a plus that it looks cool and has the 1 1/3 din face that comes out.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:36 PM   #6
CG1 Driver

yeah i like the 7998. but do you think it will get stolen? dont really wanna lose money lol
Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:00 PM   #7

it's hard to say. If a thief wants something they'll take it. Security measures just help keep the normally honest people honest. I have about $1500 worth of alarm in my car and it's not to keep it from getting stolen or stuff ripped off out of it, it's to make it as painful as possible and make them think twice. I would say that that hidden faced decks look much less conspicuous when it's closed. If you really want to be secure go to a junk yard and find a stock single din deck, cut the face off of it and make a way to easily put it over your deck when it's closed. Make sure you cut all of the parts off the stock one and glue them in place so it looks like it's really stock. That's the best way to keep thieves at bay. Also the biggest tip to keep people from ripping you off is to turn your system down before you get someone and make sure no one is following you. It cracks me up when I see fools coming to a mall with their system cranked then park way out in the lot and come out to find their stuff is gone. I turn mine down a few blocks before I get to where I'm going and look closely for jackasses following me, I'll even drive right past my house if I think someone is following me. I've had one real memorable occasion with two guys in a real shady looking car I noticed pacing me and I was blasting my system. I turned it down getting ready to come into my neighborhood and as I turned down my street I noticed them turn on their turn signal the same direction as me, so I just went past my house and made a few more turns keeping my driving the same, and were still behind me. I turned down another residential street and sure enough so did they. I picked an arbitrary house and pulled over and oddly enough I look over and they were crouching way down in the car, and when they noticed I was staring at them just stomped on the gas. I got out of the car to make it seem legit and a minute or so alter went home. It's take me several times of getting ripped off to keep my stuff safe, and I'm not saying there's no chance if you're safe, but you stand a much better chance of keeping your gear if you just pay attention.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 05:35 PM   #8
CG1 Driver

Well I go to school and everyone knows well I'm asian and they know my car will be all shiznit or whatever cause apprently im "baller" so yeah. You think i should just get an alpine that detaches and just put it in my backpack thats always on my back?
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:35 PM   #9

those disappearing decks give more of a wow effect then a security measure
Tignws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:42 PM   #10
CG1 Driver

is it even possible to steal a whole deck like that??? holy hardcore
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:48 PM   #11

its possible to steal anything no matter what alarm you have, all an alarm is ging to do is buy you time
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:54 PM   #12
CG1 Driver

crazy. I think I'll just get the alpine and just be careful lol. That deck looks so nice. Anyone think it would look nice in an accord sedan 99? white
Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by ATran
crazy. I think I'll just get the alpine and just be careful lol. That deck looks so nice. Anyone think it would look nice in an accord sedan 99? white
better yet get an eclipse
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:15 AM   #14
CG1 Driver

hehehe i have an accord already. parents lol
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by Tignws on February 23rd, 2004 at 04:48 AM

better yet get an eclipse
Quote:
Originally posted by ATran on February 23rd, 2004 at 12:15 PM

hehehe i have an accord already. parents lol
Ummmm… think he meant this kind of eclipse. http://www.eclipse-web.com/
Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:23 PM   #16
CG1 Driver

Oh lol. I think I'm gonna get a deck that just self hides... any recommends? I like the Alpine a lot. I wonder how that would look
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:16 PM   #17
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
get one with a removable faceplate, no "hidden" or "chameleon"
good thing mine was off when they robbed my trunk setup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 26th, 2004, 04:06 PM   #18
CG1 Driver

How about this? Alpine CDA-9833
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in