2000 EX V6 Manual Climate Control Swap - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2018, 10:01 PM   #1

2000 EX V6 Manual Climate Control Swap

So yeah, I did that. It was the first time I butchered my poor little rolling dumpster. I had to fawn over the wiring diagrams for a day or so, but it was easier than I thought. It was about as easy as installing a new stereo in a car that's never had one. A bit of soldering and some dremel action, but I got it done and it works fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jdTYztDe0AfAkm

There's 5 videos in this playlist, but why?! I got tired of having what, 12 fan speeds?!?! I don't need that many. I got tired of having to cycle through all the vent positions to get to the last position (you know what I'm talking about). I found the automatic climate controls to be a little pretentious and assuming.

Anyways, I did this swap when the car was still a J30A1/BAXA engine/transmission combo (all stock). I also swapped the transmission over to manual... only thing missing now is old school crank up windows! But I'm not doing that because I had many cars with crank up windows and those suck.

I would put up pictures on here but I got burned by photobucket. I had a few things over on CRXcommuntiy when I had a '91 si, quite modified, and those write-ups were fairly useless until they dumped the CEO (BTW, your old write ups are back in the game, "proudly hosted by photobucket"). Let's hope YT stays relevant for a while! But yeah, video can be more informative than photos.

If you're interested in doing this swap, you'll need to make a trip to your local junkyard and pull the complete mini-harness from the 4-cylinder Accord from the fan itself to the back of the climate control panel, as well as the blower motor RESISTOR... because the V6 has a blower motor TRANSISTOR and they are NOT the same thing, or the same wires. Moar easy to just get that little mini-harness and plug it in on both ends to the blower motor AND the back of the manual climate control unit. The rest is pretty much cutting and soldering many wires of a given color pattern... to many wires of the SAME color pattern. Let's hope you find a manual climate control panel that still has good bulbs

Last edited by stockecu; December 27th, 2018 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: editing and sarcasm
stockecu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in