Want to get new rims but.... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2003, 11:39 AM   #1

Want to get new rims but....

What is the best place in your experience to buy good qualitly rims. I know ebay have some but they seem so cheap, 350 dollers for 17''. I was also wondering if i should get new rims if i live in an apartment building and will always have it parked outside. My neighborhood is ok so im not sure if i should get them. What do you guys think?
HondaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2003, 11:50 AM   #2

what kinda area do you live in? i park outside everyday along a very busy street, but its a very suburban area. my last 2 cars have had rims on them, 17s and 18s, and i didnt get any problems. i would get them, just get wheel locks.

try tires.com and tirerack.com. i got my rims from TR and my old tires from them, great service and prices. best service ive had.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:02 PM   #3
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Send a message via AIM to iLLeGaLaKKoRD
www.precisioninstallations.com

They have or can get you almost any rim. They have very good prices, good customer service, and are very quick. Very nice to deal with

Old May 21st, 2003, 12:02 PM   #4

Well see where i live(queens) my apartment building is on the corner and there is a hill that goes up. The hill that goes up along side the building is usually very tight and my back bumper even got hit because it was so tight 1 day(dont know who did it). Now there is parking in front of the building but then mon-fri u cant have it parked there from 7-10am i think because the cleaning machine passes. So i dont want to park there(dont get up that early). So where i park now is up by a rich neighborhood about 2 blocks up but its very quiet there and worried about some punk @ss kids to go there and do something to my car. Altho no 1 has messed with my car up there i dont know much about rims do i dont know if there easy to take off or what. The building has parking but first of all its 400 more a month and second there is a list of ppl waiting for the next spot since its only like a 30 car garage. Where can i get wheel locks and is it easy to install rims my self? Also how much more or less is it to install and balance rims at a shop? Sorry for all the questions im a noob.
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:05 PM   #5

haha, naj, you just like that site cuz it has an AV6 on the page. ive checked them out b4 for the mod sevens, seemed decent.

hondafreak, you can get the locking lugs at any autoparts store. its just a lug that has distinct grooves in it that has a cooresponding "key", or a socket that fits those grooves, that fits inside your lug wrench. i installed my wheels myself with my stock honda jack in my garage in about an hour or so, with a lot of screwing around. many places now will give u a price for wheels and tires that come mounted and balanced, and a shop will charge you about $50 i figure.
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:12 PM   #6

Thanks guys, now i dont want to have new rims and not lower the car What would be best to buy to lower the car about an 1.5-2 inches? Be as straight foward as you can since i know almost nothing about cars. How much would that cost to get installed? Also i dont race much i mainly want it for overall better control.thanks again
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:25 PM   #7

everyone is gonna give you different answers on this. I have H&R springs that drop me 1.5 with 18s and 225/40s and i think its perfect. during normal cruising, with stock shocks, the ride is perfect and smooth, cornering is great, and i love them. a lotta people here are partial to Eibach, just ask Toby i dont have any experience with them, and i have no experience with Coil Overs. My springs were installed for me when i got my car, so i dont know the price of that
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:32 PM   #8
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Lol ye well it helps to know they've got experience w/our cars hehe.

But yea actually if you buy from any shop (as opposed 2 online), then they'll usually install the rims for you. When i got my rims at the site i mentioned above, they did it all for me, even wrapped up my old rims in big plastic bags n put 'em neatly in the back. N they even took a pic of the car w/the new rims n gave it to me hehe

but ye if u go to any shop for rims, u can ask 'em all about the wheel locks and stuff, they'll hook u up. Since your in queens, that place aint too far from you. (btw im not promoting for them or anything lol, i'as j/pleased with their service) They'll take care a ya
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:36 PM   #9

If i mention ur name will i get a discount?
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:39 PM   #10

Also should i get 18? I live in ny so you know how it is.
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:49 PM   #11
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

lol no u wont get a discount, i'as a only 1 time customer.

Ye 18's should be fine, just be careful, use common sense, thas all
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:51 PM   #12

Any more opinions on the shocks? Hey illegalakkord what kinda rims are those there nice
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:57 PM   #13
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

i got racinghart s15's in 18"

I have tokico illumina shocks on my car, and im pretty satisfied with them.
Old May 21st, 2003, 01:02 PM   #14

if you mean the rims in his sig, those are racing hart M5s...19s

btw najeeb, anything happen with benbahwalls?
Old May 21st, 2003, 08:44 PM   #15

What the best shocks for the money and for a 1.5-2 inch drop? Should i drop it then put the rims on or rims first then drop it? Is ebay ok to get shocks? Sorry for the questions again im a noob.
Old May 21st, 2003, 10:59 PM   #16
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Casey: naa no update yet, my dad got mad at me for losing all dat money heh... so he decided to take over the whole thing, n so as of now, i dont really kno wats up, he's been talkin to UPS, police, FBI, etc.. duno

HondaFreaK: yea sometimes u can find good **** on EBAY, if u find somethin you like but are not sure whether its good, or legit or not, u can always make a thread and ask us, we'd give u feedback n let u know wats good n wats not
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:33 AM   #17

Ok im confused. I checked out ebay and they have shocks and springs amd struts? I was looking at this auction maybe this is a good deal? http://www.accordracing.com/ebay.asp...accord+springs

Im looking to spend the most 450 on shocks because they i will have to pay to get them installed.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:52 AM   #18
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

I guess you wanna keep it simple, so you'll most likely wanna j/go with springs. Try and look for good companies on Ebay, such as Eibach, H&R, NEUSPEED, INTRAX, n such for springs.

For shocks Tokico Illumina, KYB are good.

One thing you can do is ask around on this site, and see what people have on their rides, and what they think about the stuff. N then make your opinion on what to get for your car.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:56 AM   #19

Well i want the shocks to last as like as the car will(forever). So if a few hundred bucks would help then what are one of the best shocks you know of that are built to last. Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2003, 08:04 AM   #20
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

well i have the tokico illumina's, and I absolutley love them.
The ride is adjustable, so you can make it stiffer or softer.
And to me the ride feels like factory, but without the "bounce" that u feel. I'd reccommend these.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 08:32 AM   #21

How much where urs with install and can you explain briefly what each one does because im confused. Like explain coil overs shocks struts and springs????
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:25 AM   #22

your question

I also live in queenss I just droped my car i have drop zone coilovers with kyb shicks and I have to say the ride is execelent even during the breaking in of the coil the ride was still great and i am slamed 2.50 in the back and 2.25 in the front and they gave me a reall good price it was $450 installed I got it done at
XTREME PERFORMANCE
103-21 NORTHERN BLVD
CORONA,NY 11368
718-898-5656
ASK FOR EDWIN THERE REAL COOL AND THEY HAVE ALSO GREAT PRICES ON WHEELS
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM

THEY HAVE DONE ALL THE WORK ON MY CAR
jojoskilz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:44 AM   #23

thanks man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in