Accord V6 Forum banner

Audio Update

577 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  D3rF 
#1 ·
Hey All

I just finished fixing all the problems I was having with my car.
1.) Dynaudio MD100 Tweeter Fitment
2.) Engine Whine (Alternator)
3.) Popping noises from my tweets

I bought a set of A/D/S A6 components and used the passive crossover and tweeters from the a/d/s components. Matched this up with the MW160GT woofer from Dynaudio that I had purchased before. From this, I saw the availibility of biamping my system with the a/d/s crossover, and thats what i did :D . System sounds so dynamic, much more than the Diamond Audio HEX I had before.

The engine whine was stopped by replacing the hi-to-low converter with a more shielded unit. I had a rockford fosgate cheap plastic one. I switched it with one from PAC which was better in quality. Also, I have a ground loop isolator from before that only lessened engine whine but never completely got rid of it. With the PAC, I grounded the hi-to-low and now I hear no more alternator whine.

My crossovers were too close to come active wiring before which caused the popping sounds from the speakers. I just reorganized my wires to get them further away from the xover. The A/D/S crossover were much more shielded than both the diamond hex and dynaudio x250 crossovers which also aided.

My system now consists of
1.) Stock headunit w/ PAC hi-to-low and ground loop isolator
2.) Dynaudio MW160GT 6.5 Woofer and A/D/S A6 X-over & Tweets
3.) Xtant 302A 2-Channel Amplifier (Bi-Amped)
4.) Nakamichi 6x9's
5.) Monster Cable All Around

I was wondering what an 18db active crossover would do for my system. Would it help the sound quality anymore? I'm on a 12db slope right now. I don't think i would like a 24db slope. I'm looking to clean up some of the muddy bass repsonse. Would the 18db slope help?

Thanks a lot
Fred

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.