2 way or 3 way? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:38 PM   #1
hmmm...

Send a message via AIM to 7thgenaccd
2 way or 3 way?

wat are the advantages of getting either 2 way or 3 way speakers? i'm kinda confused, can someone explain these concepts to me?
7thgenaccd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2003, 04:34 PM   #2

im not audio expert but 3 way are supposed to be better than 2 way
tha eklectiq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:54 PM   #3

Not necessaraly.

Many sound competitions have been one with just a2 way system which rival some 3-way systems

2-way - tweeter & midwoofer
3-way - tweeter, midrange and dedicated midbass woofer

imaging becomes diffcult as you get into the 3-way realm, kickpanels or pods are needed to house the tweeter &mid... and the midbass woofer is typically installed in stock door locations.

I suggest if you want a great sound and want to keep it simple, find a good 2-way component set. Rainbow, ID Chamealons, Koda, Focal. Each with a good clean 100watt power will offer great midbass and clear highs.

I hope this helps.

hmmm looking back at your question, I dunno if you were asking about coax or component speakers.. if you were referring to coaxs, then difference in sound is quite minimal...stick with a good quality 2-way... pioneer REV, alpine type R, Infinity Kappa, etc.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:58 PM   #4

I recently purchased pioneer 3ways from Walmart. They are about 30% cheaper than audio stores. I do not plan to install amps so these sound great for a reasonable price. IMO
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2003, 10:05 PM   #5
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
im gonna get some kickers or infinity speakers and hook up another amp for my speakers
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:37 AM   #6

Greenlit98 & 2002HondaAckord... uh how were your posts helpful to the orginator of this thread? It sounded like two little school girls excited about to go to the mall.. "OMG OMG, I'm getting soooooo many things..."

Next time read the original post and try to add to information presented, and stop posting for the sake of posting....
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2003, 02:41 AM   #7

I have 4way speakers is that good?
DriVeN_AccorD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2003, 08:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by L_fty on May 23rd, 2003 at 01:37 PM

Greenlit98 & 2002HondaAckord... uh how were your posts helpful to the orginator of this thread? It sounded like two little school girls excited about to go to the mall.. "OMG OMG, I'm getting soooooo many things..."

Next time read the original post and try to add to information presented, and stop posting for the sake of posting....
Actually L_fty, I am far from a school girl and yes I was happy about getting speakers for my car. Price is a factor in a descion making process. After your post on the technical aspect of 2 way and 3 way speakers(which was excellent) I figured my advice was to shop around for the speakers he chooses.
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Deuce415
What should make a difference is the number of subs you plan to get, or how hard you want your subs to hit. If you're planning on getting a couple of 12 " subs driven by a 1000+ watt amp, then I would save some money and get 2 ways for the rears. Spend more on the front components. I bought some 3 ways for the rears, and I really should've bought some nice 2 ways for cheaper.
Looks: 35% 3M Solabird tint | OEM spoiler | OEM Sunroof Visor | VIS OEM CF Hood | TYC Projectors | CF Eyelids | XenonDepot 4300K H1 HID | TYC Tails
Audio: Alpine CDA-7894 | Apline CHA-S634 | JL Audio 300/4 | Canton RS 2.16 Components | Infinity Kappa 693.3i | JL Audio 12w3v2
Deuce415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #10

I know you guys have your subs and stuff in the trunk but do you guys experience and vibration rattleing sound from the trunk because i do, and if theres a way to stop it can you guys post me up with some tips thanks.
DriVeN_AccorD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2003, 02:33 AM   #11

lots of vibration from the trunk, but I can't hear it unless I'm outside my car listening to it. There are lots of stuff to buy to stop the vibration, just go to local audio store and buy dynamat or a sound resonator substance. The longer you have bass in your car, the more vibrations you will hear since everything will loosen up like bolts and whatnot, so if the rattles bother ya, I would definetely buy some resonating product.
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in