Just a quick body kit question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2004, 05:54 AM   #1

Just a quick body kit question

A friend of mine has a AV6 LX Coupe Accord 2001. He decided to get a Wings West Kit but it says that the kit only applies to the 98-00? So my question is does this fit on 2001 models?
AzNhOmie662 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2004, 07:12 AM   #2

you have to swap the front bumper to a 98-00(possibly the rear too, but i'm not 100% sure on that one).
smokedoutv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2004, 02:42 PM   #3

I just talk on the phone to someone at AUTOMEGA and they said they're not sure if the front and back bumpers will fit right. Has anyone done it or know someone that has done it? Please reply soon because I can get the kit for about $500.

Old April 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM   #4

you will need the 98-00 bumpers.

You may get away with the rear with some fitment modification, but not the front.
str8bklam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #5

When you mean swapping the bumpers, do you mean that I get a whole new bumper kit with a 98-00 accord or do you mean this for the Wings West Kit? Is it too much of a hassle for the body shop to figure it out?

I'm not sure but I'll try talking to people here in Utah but I'm not sure about their quality of work so I'm hoping that the body kit isn't too much of a hassle in modifying to fit.
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #6

You will need a new bumper cover from the 98-00 accord. You don't need to buy a new one but you will need the bumper from a 98-00 Accord to make the Wings West kit fit.
KiDFuZioN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in