2003 Install problem - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2003, 08:24 PM   #1

2003 Install problem

I having problems with my installer as we speak. Posted details in 7 generation without much response. Any unusual issues with door speakers and components? Head unit adapter difficult and or expensive? What should a component front, 6x9 plus adapter and amp install cost? Thanks.
own4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2003, 02:24 AM   #2

Hi!

I got my system installed last month; my car is 03 Accord V6 EX Sedan. I just added a JL 450/5 amp, and changed all OEM speakers with Boston speakers, components 6.5" in front and 6x9 in the back.

Rear speaker installation is pretty simply, plug and play, no mod needed. However, you need to modify a little to install components in the front. You will need a 1" spacer because the magnet of premium woofers will hit the glass window. Also, you will need something like Dynamat to make the surface even before putting the spacer on.

I don't know how to run the wire from OEM head unit to the amp, so I got that finished at Good Guys. I ran all wires, installed amp and speakers with my amp. JL amp has built-in hi/low converters, so I don't need them separately. I did ask the guy at Good Guy the cost for complete installation, amp & speakers, about, ~$200-$250.

Good luck!
ahngo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:42 AM   #3

I recently tore apart my friend's 2003 accord sedan, and found that it be very similar to the 6th gen accord. The rear speakers are simple to take out and install.

The front ones, are connected via a special factory adapter that looks unnecassarly complicated LOL ANyways.. a simply MDF baffle was made to accomadate the type-r's he wanted to install. Nothing really to it I guess.

And most everyone I've talked to about their 2003 accords love the look of their factory center stack.. so you'll have to choose amps that either accept high level input(speaker wire connection) or get a line-out convertor for low level input(RCA connection).

Hope this helped.

Lastly: Please with any audio install, I recommend sound deadening the car, dynamat, eDead, Peal&seal, Raamat, Brownbread all do the same thing by adding mass to metal to reduce vibration. Just peal and stick onto metal in most cases.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 26th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #4

Thanks for help. I picked up my unit and the installer was able to resolve the problems. Thanks to your advice given, I was able to talk down the install to $185. Although he still thought the 2003 was harder to work on than the 1998 - 2002, I told him that other experienced installers found the 2 similar, and any extra time he spent on my car would be beneficial in doing subsequent conversions.
Results Front components - Better highs, way better mids/lows, no more door rattle. Rear 6x9's stock speakers are crap, and at default fade, I couldn't hear them. When I biased the fade to back, the inferior quality was noticable. New Apline R's are balanced without fade adjustment, and the mids/treble are much better. Sub provides lows that cannot be done in stock system.
Amp provides more power for songs that have be played on loud. However, on rest on music played on semi-loud, the music is much cleaner with rich highs, crisp lows/mids and balanced sounds from all speakers. Happy to say I got the sound I wanted for a reasonable budget. Had I spent more for my speakers, my amp or sub, the weakeness of the head unit would prevent me from getting much improvement in sound.
own4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2003, 06:01 AM   #5

congrats to another satisfied person
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in