Just installed new Grill - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #1
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
Just installed new Grill

Well...i just installed my "Type R Grill kit" from Procarparts.com

Before:

After:

so thats what it turned out like...it looks good...was hard to take a good picture cause i was tired....its so friggin hot here...anyways, it installed really easy, only thing is i had to take off the front bumper...i did the whole install by myself...so it isnt too hard to ger the bumper on and off, just gotta use a LITTLE force...removing the bumper i had 2 bolts at the top of the front wheel wells, and one bolt on the right side bottom wheel well...and then i think like 8-10 clips holding the bumper on...you know the plastic ones...and there were 4 screws holding the stock grill to the bumper...i opted to not put on the provided Type R sticker cause i didnt like it and...my car isnt a type r... so i gave it to my friend who put it on his corsica..man...his car is junk...lol...but otherwise the install was good. i used a cardboard box to hold up one side of the bumper while i installed the other...worked well....so i guess thats it...i reccomend the kit if you have a 98-00 6th gen...sadly 01-02 have the grill molded on.

-peace

P.S. if you didnt realize it...the type r sticker on my friends car is a joke....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2004, 04:52 PM   #2

u wanna sell the oem grill?
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #3
Tofu Delivery Boy

lol you want it?

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old April 24th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #4
V Go SoCal Drivers V

Send a message via AIM to bustedryde
I want your front "H" emblem!

bustedryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #5

wow your grill looks like it fits great...mines fit really bad but hey its from ebay i guess it should have been expected

Last edited by aznpnoy562; April 24th, 2004 at 08:00 PM..
aznpnoy562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #6

yep I want it with the emblem too... how much do you want for it shipped to 08817 edison, NJ
Old April 24th, 2004, 08:46 PM   #7
bryan <3's bomex

looks great!
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #8
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
are you gonna paint it? it looks pretty good black. can you take a pic from further back?
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #9
JB4 e92

The grill mesh is all black now, but wait a month and some parts of it will turn silver. It looks a lot better after a month.

clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2004, 05:01 PM   #10

paint it, I got the same grill and thats what it looks like painted.
PhatChink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2004, 06:00 PM   #11
Tofu Delivery Boy

okay i just saw ppl want my grill/emblem....so... L_fty you want the whole grill? if he doesnt, then bustedryde gets next dibs...etc...please post here if u can

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old April 25th, 2004, 09:01 PM   #12
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
looks clean
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:37 PM   #13
V Go SoCal Drivers V

I want the emblem, is it up for sale still?

Old May 1st, 2004, 04:08 PM   #14

Bustedryde take the emblem if you want it... but I want the entie grille... I'd rather have the emblem with it.. if not, I'll still take the grille. Lemme know bro.. e-mail [email protected]
Old May 1st, 2004, 04:15 PM   #15
V Go SoCal Drivers V

I've sent a PM to Tofu about the emblem, but he hasn't replied yet.
Old May 1st, 2004, 05:02 PM   #16
Tofu Delivery Boy

just sent busted a pm. he says he only needs emblem, that means grill is to you if you want it...

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old May 1st, 2004, 07:24 PM   #17

I'm down for just the grille! Gimme!!
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:47 PM   #18
7th Gen ACcord

loooks good. just wondering do you HAVE to take off the bumper to install the grill?
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:34 PM   #19
Tofu Delivery Boy

on the 03 im not too sure...but on 98-00 the grill is connected by 3-4 plastic clips on top but is screwed onto the bumper by screws i couldnt get to through the gap between the radiator and bumper...i kept hitting the cross-support bar with my screwdriver and it wouldnt grab...taking the bumper off isnt too hard...if you get a friend with a spare socket wrench/screwdriver you can probably get it off and back on in 10-15 min...tops

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old May 5th, 2004, 02:53 PM   #20
AKA DaBluest

Lookin' good!
I'm curious though as to how your grill looks like it fits perfectly. I bought a similar grill and the fitment is poor due to the fact that it doesn't screw into the bumper like the stock grill does. Does that grill from procarparts.com have holes in the bottom for screws, or did you have to modify it to get an exact fit? I may have to end up getting that one if there aren't any hassels with getting it perfect like yours.

*edit* Nevermind, I got it to fit flush.

Last edited by Cool_Honda; May 5th, 2004 at 08:56 PM..
Cool_Honda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #21
Tofu Delivery Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cool_Honda
Lookin' good!
I'm curious though as to how your grill looks like it fits perfectly. I bought a similar grill and the fitment is poor due to the fact that it doesn't screw into the bumper like the stock grill does. Does that grill from procarparts.com have holes in the bottom for screws, or did you have to modify it to get an exact fit? I may have to end up getting that one if there aren't any hassels with getting it perfect like yours.

*edit* Nevermind, I got it to fit flush.
you got it flush but i guess i will make sure i go through it anyways...what i did was after i took off the original i slid it on with the bottom clips then positioned the sides flush as best i could...then before i bolted it all on i pushed real real hard and got it to fit how it is...it fits flush and its great looking...people say it looks better when the grill fades from black to silver but i love the black look...i hope it never fades...

peace

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old May 6th, 2004, 07:36 AM   #22

hmm, i bought the same grille too, it didnt want to sit flush on the bumper so i took it off, im gonna respray to match the car, then get some double sided tape, and re install it.
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in