Bixenon - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #1
AccordRacing

Bixenon

i am looking at getting the bi-xenon projectors for my 01 honda accord. i already have the hella hid kit. I am looking for that bluish purple color on the german cars. i was looking at few websites and i found the tyc projectors. would this projectors give me the results and i want or should i get the bi-xenon projectors that come with the bmw cars.
grojas4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #2
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
you should get the bixenons and it'll give you a great cut off line and great light output
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:58 AM   #3
Honda luv

Send a message via AIM to flytojungho
Re: Bixenon

Quote:
Originally posted by grojas4
i am looking at getting the bi-xenon projectors for my 01 honda accord. i already have the hella hid kit. I am looking for that bluish purple color on the german cars. i was looking at few websites and i found the tyc projectors. would this projectors give me the results and i want or should i get the bi-xenon projectors that come with the bmw cars.
umm.. tyc's won't give you that sharp cutoff or the color.. you'll def know that it hid's but it's just not same as the real hid projectors.. also bixenon has low and highbeams in the sameprojector where tyc is just single low beam but it's also alot smaller then bi xenons.. tyc's also gives out pretty good amout of hot spots where hid projectors will give you a nice wide beam without hotspots..

Old May 17th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to driven
retrofit doesnt even compare to tyc, the projectors for bixenon are twice as big. Light output is far superior. Why do you think tyc is 160 shipped? and bixenons are 200-300 for projectors alone?
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:26 AM   #5

Re: Re: Bixenon

Quote:
Originally posted by flytojungho on May 17th, 2004 at 01:58 PM

also bixenon has low and highbeams in the sameprojector where tyc is just single low beam but it's also alot smaller then bi xenons..
Are you sure about that? The 2004 TL has Bixenon HID's but also has a separate halogen highbeam bulb.

TL headlight:

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:08 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by driven
retrofit doesnt even compare to tyc, the projectors for bixenon are twice as big. Light output is far superior. Why do you think tyc is 160 shipped? and bixenons are 200-300 for projectors alone?
Jai, are you smoking something? I want some (if you have a rebased kit, shush )

My Hella X5 projector is bigger than the Bosch Bi-Xenon projector.
Also, my Hella proj. has a bigger color band at the cutoff, and is sharper than Bosch Bi-Xenons. I've seen uni-xenon and bi-xenon, and I like uni-xenon better, better everything.
TYC's are pretty decent for non HID and HID with an H1 bulb. However, Valeos fit perfectly in the TYC's. If you really want good info about retros/HID, hidforum.com roxors my boxors.

Bi-Xenon:

single:

and

98EXL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:12 AM   #7
AccordRacing

what is the difference between the heall bi-xenon projectors and the valeos projectors.
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:14 AM   #8
Banned

as far as I know (don't quote me) but I thought that the Valeos were just low beams, and well, bi-xenons are both high and low
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:22 AM   #9
AccordRacing

i am looking for the bluish purplish color. i already have the hid kit from hella. which Bi-xenon do you recommend?
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:24 AM   #10
Banned

none.....I'm all for plain old regular projectors. I was really not impressed with B-Xenon at all. I really am not one to comment on which ones are nice, I totally biased. 99AznAccord knows best as far as I know.
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:28 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Deuce415
Where can you find Valeo projectors, do they use H1 base bulbs and has anyone done a retro fit into TYC projectors with tehse yet?
Deuce415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:29 AM   #12
Banned

eBay has a set up there, and like all HID projectors, they use D2S bulbs
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:06 AM   #13
Honda luv

Quote:
Originally posted by 98EXL
eBay has a set up there, and like all HID projectors, they use D2S bulbs
not all valeos use d2s.. alot of them use h7.. but you can get d2s adaptor for it.. if you want the most sharp cutoff with lots of color on the cutoff, go with valeos... ece ones are better but dot's good enough.. s2000 projectors are very good too but it's pretty big..
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Jai, are you smoking something? I want some (if you have a rebased kit, shush )

My Hella X5 projector is bigger than the Bosch Bi-Xenon projector.
Also, my Hella proj. has a bigger color band at the cutoff, and is sharper than Bosch Bi-Xenons. I've seen uni-xenon and bi-xenon, and I like uni-xenon better, better everything.
TYC's are pretty decent for non HID and HID with an H1 bulb. However, Valeos fit perfectly in the TYC's. If you really want good info about retros/HID, hidforum.com roxors my boxors.

Bi-Xenon:

single:

and

Garrett!!!!

need I say more? thats a comparison of a typical single beam projector compared to a bixenon. The poo poo projector in tyc's is even smaller then the one pictured. lol Your x5 one could be a good projector. But after seeing the rs6 bixenon projectors, there is nothing that can compare as far as looks and overall light output.
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #15
AccordRacing

if i use audi bi-xenon projectors or the s2000 projectors how big do i have to cut the headlight for them to fit
Old May 20th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Garrett!!!!

need I say more? thats a comparison of a typical single beam projector compared to a bixenon. The poo poo projector in tyc's is even smaller then the one pictured. lol Your x5 one could be a good projector. But after seeing the rs6 bixenon projectors, there is nothing that can compare as far as looks and overall light output.

ROFL!!!!! OMFG! WOW! You know, here is the excuse for my post about that

48 hours of being awake, 8 hours of work, 3 Red Bulls, Driver Improvement program Test (so my license didn't get suspended) in Hagerstown....I was freaked/tired as ****. I totally misread everything you typed.

I'M A FREAKING LLAMA, SORRY JAI!
Old May 20th, 2004, 04:17 PM   #17

wat kinda headlights r dose?
MadeInVietNam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by Plumaccordcoupe on May 19th, 2004 at 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by flytojungho on May 17th, 2004 at 01:58 PM

also bixenon has low and highbeams in the sameprojector where tyc is just single low beam but it's also alot smaller then bi xenons..
Are you sure about that? The 2004 TL has Bixenon HID's but also has a separate halogen highbeam bulb.

TL headlight:
Well?

Old May 20th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #19
Honda luv

Quote:
Originally posted by Plumaccordcoupe

TL headlight:

Well?
[/QUOTE]

ok.. what's your point? i just pointed out that bixenons have high and low beams in same projector.. the shield inside the projector just moves down and up.. Acura probably made tl's headlights with bixenon and highbeam halogen because if you think about it, do you think it'll look good just with one projector? what are they going to put in place if they took the highbeam halogens out? bixenons are usually used for headlamps that don't have that much space for seperate highbeams.. also it'll be proabably brighter then just bixenons if you have seperate highbeams tp go with the bixenons..
Old May 20th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #20

Quote:
ROFL!!!!! OMFG! WOW! You know, here is the excuse for my post about that

48 hours of being awake, 8 hours of work, 3 Red Bulls, Driver Improvement program Test (so my license didn't get suspended) in Hagerstown....I was freaked/tired as ****. I totally misread everything you typed.

I'M A FREAKING LLAMA, SORRY JAI!
lol its okay. llamas are cool, I want one for a pet
Old May 20th, 2004, 11:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by flytojungho on May 20th, 2004 at 08:28 PM

ok.. what's your point? i just pointed out that bixenons have high and low beams in same projector.. the shield inside the projector just moves down and up.. Acura probably made tl's headlights with bixenon and highbeam halogen because if you think about it, do you think it'll look good just with one projector? what are they going to put in place if they took the highbeam halogens out? bixenons are usually used for headlamps that don't have that much space for seperate highbeams.. also it'll be proabably brighter then just bixenons if you have seperate highbeams tp go with the bixenons..
Oh so you can have Bi-xenon with just a low beam HID. To me, you made it sound like Bi-xenon could only have a one low/high HID bulb in a single projector. And no, the TL wouldn't look good with just a single projector in each headlight .

Old May 20th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #22
Honda luv

Quote:
Originally posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Oh so you can have Bi-xenon with just a low beam HID. To me, you made it sound like Bi-xenon could only have a one low/high HID bulb in a single projector. And no, the TL wouldn't look good with just a single projector in each headlight .
sorry if i confused u... bixenon only has 1 hid bulb inside the projector.. but it can create a low beam and highbeam. To create the highbeam, all the projector does is lower the cutoff shield so all the light beam comes out of the projector.. when you go back to the low beam, the cutoff shield goes back to it's normal position and and blocks like half of the light off so you only get low beam.. yeah, there's a little motor inside the projector that moves the shield up and down...
Old May 21st, 2004, 08:28 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
lol its okay. llamas are cool, I want one for a pet
finally recouperated...I forgot to add 6 hours of airport hell in my 48 hours of being awake and in hell
Old May 21st, 2004, 03:54 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to 99AznAccord
Ok I guess it's time to put in some of my own input and past experiences. lol. Ok from my own experience, there is no real difference between bixenon and single xenon projectors. The beam will be same, the difference between the two is just the added high beam feature for the bixenon. As for coloring, there different types of projectors out there that have lots of colors and others that have hardly any color. For example, if you want the MOST color, get s2000, they have mostly bluish color. Ece spec valeos also have a lot of color as well. Mostly the purplish with a bit of blue. Both have very sharp cutoff line, but the s2k projectors are wider. If you want to retrofit into your TYC projectors, I suggest the ece valeos since it's practically a direct replacement. Also, if you want the width and sharpness of the s2k style, you can also try the TSX projectors. They are only half the size of the s2k but the lighting is very similar. In my opinion, I didn't think the RS6 bixenons were all that superior. I tested E55 bixenons, bosch E46 bixenons and even E46 single xenons, S2000, and TSX projectors and they were all wider and more colorful. Don't get me wrong though. The RS6 bixenons are also great as well, but the other's just seemed to be a bit better. Hella makes different styles of bixenons. Audi A6 bixenons, RS6 bixenons, E55 bixenons, and I think some others. Each one of them are slightly different from each other. Like coloring, width of the beam, and sharpness. Honestly, bixenons aren't THAT great. I mean if you want the added high beam HID feature and have dual high beams, projector and stock, then the lighting is extremely bright and lights up EVERYTHING, but when I used to have bixenons, of the entire year I had them, I probably used the high beams 3 or 4 times at most. The stock high beam is more than enough. The pic that driven posted are the retrofits that I did. The top is single xenon E46 and the bottom is bixenon E46. The size of the lens on the single E46 is about 2.25". About the same as the ece valeos, tsx, and s2k. I forgot how big the bixenon E46 was. I believe it was about 2.5"-2.75". The hella bixenons all have 3" lens, so those are out of the question for the TYC retrofit. The only options you really have are the ece valeos, tsx, and MAYBE the s2k with a bit of modification. Oh and I got some pics of my TSX retrofit done, but won't post till saturday night because I wanna surprise a couple people here. If you got any more questions feel free to give me an IM at Green1999Accord.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99AznAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally posted by 99AznAccord
Ok I guess it's time to put in some of my own input and past experiences. lol. Ok from my own experience, there is no real difference between bixenon and single xenon projectors. The beam will be same, the difference between the two is just the added high beam feature for the bixenon. As for coloring, there different types of projectors out there that have lots of colors and others that have hardly any color. For example, if you want the MOST color, get s2000, they have mostly bluish color. Ece spec valeos also have a lot of color as well. Mostly the purplish with a bit of blue. Both have very sharp cutoff line, but the s2k projectors are wider. If you want to retrofit into your TYC projectors, I suggest the ece valeos since it's practically a direct replacement. Also, if you want the width and sharpness of the s2k style, you can also try the TSX projectors. They are only half the size of the s2k but the lighting is very similar. In my opinion, I didn't think the RS6 bixenons were all that superior. I tested E55 bixenons, bosch E46 bixenons and even E46 single xenons, S2000, and TSX projectors and they were all wider and more colorful. Don't get me wrong though. The RS6 bixenons are also great as well, but the other's just seemed to be a bit better. Hella makes different styles of bixenons. Audi A6 bixenons, RS6 bixenons, E55 bixenons, and I think some others. Each one of them are slightly different from each other. Like coloring, width of the beam, and sharpness. Honestly, bixenons aren't THAT great. I mean if you want the added high beam HID feature and have dual high beams, projector and stock, then the lighting is extremely bright and lights up EVERYTHING, but when I used to have bixenons, of the entire year I had them, I probably used the high beams 3 or 4 times at most. The stock high beam is more than enough. The pic that driven posted are the retrofits that I did. The top is single xenon E46 and the bottom is bixenon E46. The size of the lens on the single E46 is about 2.25". About the same as the ece valeos, tsx, and s2k. I forgot how big the bixenon E46 was. I believe it was about 2.5"-2.75". The hella bixenons all have 3" lens, so those are out of the question for the TYC retrofit. The only options you really have are the ece valeos, tsx, and MAYBE the s2k with a bit of modification. Oh and I got some pics of my TSX retrofit done, but won't post till saturday night because I wanna surprise a couple people here. If you got any more questions feel free to give me an IM at Green1999Accord.
"yes master" /myself

my motto.. bigger = better = bling. "Damn esay.. look at the size of them projectors.. what is that car coming? aww sh*t, wtf mang.. its a honda.. she*iit. My friengd is selling dem for 75 dollers for my civic.. trying to fake like he got a benz.. homo!" /vato

j/k
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:35 AM   #26
ANdy

Send a message via AIM to ghettobuddha Send a message via Yahoo to ghettobuddha
Valeos are excellent in the TYC's. ;-)

My projectors aren't rotated right tho, i aligned them to the TYC Halogen projectors... but the alignment is diff. duh.. stupid me. I haven't had time to get in there and re-rotate them.

Mad color.. mad flicker... great light output.

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX CG5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Click on the Sig for legibility =P
ghettobuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:27 AM   #27
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
that looks nice! they fit perfectly in the tyc housing?
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2004, 12:13 PM   #28
ANdy

Send a message via AIM to ghettobuddha Send a message via Yahoo to ghettobuddha
Quote:
Originally posted by lowincash
that looks nice! they fit perfectly in the tyc housing?
While they don't directly bolt up (of course), the size is perfect

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX CG5

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Click on the Sig for legibility =P
ghettobuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:32 AM   #29
Banned

I should be done my retro in 2 weeks or so...get ready yall!
Old August 9th, 2005, 11:54 AM   #30

Send a message via AIM to GreenMachine02
hmm well i just bought a kit w/ e46 single xenon proj, so can i get those to fit, ive heard there pretty much the same size as the valeos
GreenMachine02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in