New Sub Enclosure - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #1

New Sub Enclosure

I Recently bought a JL 10W7 sub. I love the thing the bass that comes out of that 10 is phenominal. However the box and sub are heavy as all hell. When the thing is in my trunk it makes my trunk sag. It really bothers me cause I have the car lowered and this added weight just makes it too low to the point where it is dangerously close to rubbing. Anyways I was wondering if I could get a fiberglass enclosure for the sub that would be lighter and still put out the same amount of bass. I know that the origional enclosure is engineered and specifically designed with ports for that sub but did they have to make it out of such heavy wood? Anyways I was wondering if anyone has ever swapped out an origional sub enclosure for another one and what the results were in terms of bass. thanks
dengsxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2003, 02:43 PM   #2
Jr Member

I think if you try putting the JL 10W7 in a more light weight material, it would shred the box over time; especially if you are giving it more than 700 watts rms. How many rms watts are you sending to it? About bass output, you would lose some.
jrvtecaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2003, 04:37 PM   #3

Well right now I have it hooked up to a 500/1 JL Audio amp. I didn't want to jeopordize the bass I was thinking there were some aftermarket fiberglass enclosures out there that weren't as heavy as this wood. I am telling you this thing wieghs 80lbs!
If I can cut that in half I think I'd be stylin
dengsxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 11th, 2003, 07:28 PM   #4

what's the box you have? the jl audio h.o. box? if u dont want it, sell it to me..
vtridah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2003, 01:04 AM   #5

What's a aftermarket fiberglass enclosures? I havent seen any... there are plexiglass enclosures.. material a bit more dense than hdf.. but still you will need a sound inert box that is also dense. All this + the weight of the 10inch driver is going to be heavy.

Keep the box and sub and think about perhaps changing your rear springs for a higher type. If you have coilovers.. then raise the rear to match the fronts.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in