Wiring to trunk - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2003, 02:56 PM   #1

Wiring to trunk

I'm trying to pass some wires through to the trunk.

I lifted up the rear seats and then folded down the back and got wires in that way, but I was wondering how others do it?

Thanks,
Vikram
vikrampant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2003, 06:03 AM   #2

I usually take out the rear seat and run the wires underneath the seat... or if my friends want a super clean install run the wires underneath the carpeting that goes to the rear seat and into the trunk.

But what you did is fine... if you dont see any wires showing then any install would be fine!

What are you running back there? Some specs would be nice bro.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2003, 12:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply ... I figured as much, I saw the under-carpeting method, but as long as wires are outta the wa, I'm happy.

> What are you running back there?

Time to go geek on you ... I have a PC back there running a GPS, DVD, TV, MP3s, the works. I had it behind the passenger seat for months working fine, but now I want to migrate that stuff back to the trunk. I got all the cables (USB, Monster Video, USB Audio, etc) but getting it there is the problem. I will spend tomorrow night or sometime this week to pass thru the cables.

-- Vikram

Old May 27th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #4

What kind of display are you using, I am assuming an LCD mounted somewhere in the front. Any pics of the install? I'd love to see it!
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2003, 02:58 PM   #5

Attached is an image I took a while ago.

It's a simple 5.6" LCD bought for $250 a year ago. It's not motorized, but I can live without a motorized one.

Under it is a Sony HU with Active Black Panel. When both are closed, it's pure black, which is what I was going for.

And then under that area is a 3rd DIN (Honda part sold as "Cassette Player something" through Honda dealers. I plan on making a front end with the Computer power button, Power LEDS and I have a USB port sitting there.

Still, my #1 prio is getting the PC into the trunk fairly cleanly, but I think I got it figured out.

-- Vikram
Attached Thumbnails
Wiring to trunk-picture-025.jpg  
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #6
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
I ran the wire through the crevis where the black metal of the car meets the actuall furtherst right side of the seet. In the very tiny groove. (I just took these pics right now)

And this is where it come out of the trunk.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:36 PM   #7

I routed mine similar to Abes....

Here's a picture with all of the wiring being hidden, and ALL of the connections are soldered....

Ei-ccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2003, 09:51 AM   #8

abram2001 & Ei-ccord - Thank you for the pics!

I have a few ways to hit the trunk now ... my weekend is set !(hopefully the damn rain goes away this weekend on the east coast)

-- Vikram
Old May 28th, 2003, 04:52 PM   #9
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
i removed the rear seats, ran the rca's down the passenger side, where it meets the door
u can see a channel in there
i didnt see any way to run them down the center: where i had originally wanted to run em

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:28 PM   #10
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
Quote:
Originally posted by Loulax07 on May 28th, 2003 at 03:52 PM

i removed the rear seats, ran the rca's down the passenger side, where it meets the door
u can see a channel in there
i didnt see any way to run them down the center: where i had originally wanted to run em
copycat :P thats exactly what I did.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:49 AM   #11

Loulax -

You mentioned you removed the rear seat, is there something holding it down I can't find. I lifted mine up for the front (two white latches) but that's all I can do, then I fold the back rest down and snake wires around the side.

Just so I can know for future reference, how did you remove the entire rear seat? A nut holding it down somewhere? Am I blind?

Once the weathers better I'm doing the work outside as opposed to a cramped garage.

Thanks.

-- Vikram
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:12 AM   #12

Vikram:
Yes there is a bolt holding the bottom seat cushion to the back of the car. You have to remove the back seat that folds down so you can get to it, the screws holding it on are at the bottom corners. Here is a picture of what the back seat area looks like with most everything removed, also shows where i ran my power and RCA's into the trunk:

There are a couple options of going into the trunk, you could also just go up the outer edge of the car, there is a group of wires already up there that go into the top of the trunk you could just follow, I didn't have long enuf wires to do that so I just went straight in.
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:46 AM   #13

this was a while ago but my RCAs go pretty much where halcyon's are, and my power are the same thing but the other side, and the front speaker wires go right up the middle.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:11 AM   #14

What kind of cap is that ill? How much did you pay and was it worth it etc?
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:40 AM   #15

I'll have to get the website when I get home. It was only $85(two years ago), some no name company, but I took it to work and measured it with a capacitance meter and it was indeed 1.5 farad, and it even has the little digital readout on it. It's worked great, my light still dim a bit on a real long bass note, but I'm yanking 160amps with a 180a alternator, so with the lights on that's cutting it close. My headlights don't dim at all though(thanks to HID lol)
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #16

How did you go about measuring how much juice you were drawing?
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:44 AM   #17

Oh also when you wire a cap do you have to ground it as well?

So basically for an amp and a cap youd have power to cap, power from cap to amp, ground from cap, ground from amp?
Old May 29th, 2003, 03:45 PM   #18
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

halcyon and illusion- how the hell did u go up the middle?
i didnt see any way?!
Illusion- how heigh is your false amp floor? where did u get the carpet from?
Old May 29th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #19

I went down each side of the car then pulled the seat off and went up through the middle.. everything comes right apart to where you basically have the skeleton of the car.. actually quite easily too.
Old May 29th, 2003, 04:31 PM   #20
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

wait, u pulled the cabling down under the center console?
or r u talkin bout u had all cables run on the sides ONLY and had em come out in the middle of the rear seat?
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #21

I pulled the cables down the sides then ran it up and under the rear seat. Its entirely possible to run the cables down the middle as well, but you'd have to take out the front seats so you can get under the carpet.
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:28 PM   #22
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

halcyon- random question, where did u get your av6 name? is it from that club in brooklyn?
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:41 PM   #23

I just used the middle because I already had everything out of the car and I was running the cabling for my dvd play and rear monitor, so I figured what the hell.

I got the carpet from a local install shop, like $3 a square yard.

The amp rack sits up a little high because the main plank rests on the side where it comes up a little bit, I'd say it's 5" from the highest point of the rack to the lowers part of the trunk.

I can't find where I got my cap from it was off of ebay. it's an MCM Electronics Goldline 1.5 farad digital cap. I went ot the MCM electronics page but I don't see anything about goldline. This was two years ago so maybe they don't do it anymore.

I was poking through ebay and there's some pretty good deals on caps. A cap is a cap pretty much, as long as the ESR is pretty low it's good to go, brand doesn't matter, unless you're talking batcap or alumapro, but those are different beasts. Also remember you can never have too much

2 farad for $89 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4950

here's a 2.4 farad for $89 and they even throw in some cable and gold plated ring terminals http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14933
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #24

Lou: Nope got it from a Star Wars book a long long time ago, was the name of a Jedi Master
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in