need help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2003, 05:31 PM   #1
hmmm...

Send a message via AIM to 7thgenaccd
need help

if i have 2 subs at 1000 watts rms, and i plan to get some speakers that need an amp to power them, should i get one amp and how many channels fo i need or get 2 amps?
7thgenaccd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2003, 05:53 PM   #2
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
There's a 5 channel amp out, you could power ur 2 subs and 3 of ur speakers. If u want to power all of ur speakers then i suggest u get a 4 channel amp.
Old May 27th, 2003, 07:07 PM   #3
hmmm...

ur saying get a 4 channel amp.....2 channels for the 2 subs and 2 channels for the speakers?

Old May 27th, 2003, 07:13 PM   #4
Old Member

no i meant get another 4 channel amp for ur speakers and have a seperate amp for ur subs
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2003, 07:14 PM   #5

Re: need help

Quote:
Originally posted by 7thgenaccd on May 27th, 2003 at 04:31 PM

if i have 2 subs at 1000 watts rms, and i plan to get some speakers that need an amp to power them, should i get one amp and how many channels fo i need or get 2 amps?
Ask yourself 2 questions:

One how often do I use the FADER?
And how often do you use the BALANCE?

My guess is that you will use the FADER more than the BALANCE (as I do). I have a 2 channel amp running 6 speakers. I had to run a special adapter as I do not have a head unit yet. The way I wired it was to run both rear speakers to one channel and the front 4 (tweeters and mids) to the other. This allows control of the front and rear control but will not allow the right/left/front/rear control.

Then you can run a seperate 2 channel BRIDGEABLE amp to run any subs.
Ei-ccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2003, 07:13 AM   #6

To the above guy's post. WHat are you using for your HU? Diskman, md player, etc?

You're sound system's Left Right stereo is being fed Front.. back.
All 4 speakers in the front are all playing the "Left" side and the rear speakers are playing the "Right" side. That makes for a odd soundstage. But anyways...

To the original thread owner... dont get a 5 channel amp... no 5 channel amp will be able to produce 1000 watts mono for your subs.. Get 2 amps and keep it simple. Run a good clean RMS 4 channel amp to run the interior speakers, and either a 2 channel bridged or mono amp to run your sub setup.

WHat speakers are your subs and what speakers are you planning for your interior? What's your budget? This is all going into a 4 door sedan or coupe?
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2003, 08:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by L_fty on May 28th, 2003 at 06:13 AM

To the above guy's post. WHat are you using for your HU? Diskman, md player, etc?

You're sound system's Left Right stereo is being fed Front.. back.
All 4 speakers in the front are all playing the "Left" side and the rear speakers are playing the "Right" side. That makes for a odd soundstage. But anyways...
I am running the OEM CD player. No HU yet.

Yes you are correct in saying that on the CD player the "BALANCE" knob controls the front/rear FADE.

How does this make for an 'odd soundstage'? I have never used the balance control on any stereo I have ever owned. Going right/left with the sound doesn't do anything but make everything quieter. The front/rear control allows me to put more or less of the POWER to the speaker SETS. I have higher powered seperates up front, and not as powerful 6x9's on the shelf.
Ei-ccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2003, 08:29 AM   #8
Old Member

i just got a Panasonic MP3/WMA player 350 bucks
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2003, 09:16 AM   #9
hmmm...

i think i will go for an amp for the subs and get a separate amp for the speakers when i get them.... my budget is about 600. i already got the subs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in