Bulb for Clock? where they sell 'em? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2003, 05:45 PM   #1

Unhappy Bulb for Clock? where they sell 'em?

Hello,

i'm new here so bear with me. i have an '01 coupe v6(not that this matters), and the light on the clock burnt out so i took it apart. the bulb is very very small, and nobody i know carries them in stock. is Honda dealership my only option? thanks in advance
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2003, 05:59 PM   #2

Instuctions by Blazin036

Quote:
Originally posted by Blazin036 on May 5th, 2003 at 12:58 AM

You can easy replace it yourself. They sell the bulbs at radioshack for a 1.49. it come 2 in a pack # 7219 12 volts 60mA.

As for installing it. First remove the clock unit by placing a screw driver under the base of the clock and pry upwards. Then disconect the two wire harrnesses. Look on the back of the clock you will see a small black screw its on the side/corner. Turn it half a turn and it should come loose take it out then you will see the blub wired to it. If you notice that it makes it power conection by touching the plate on the base. now take some thing small like a fine screw driver or nail cliper and just pry the wires up and un ravel it from the base. Now reverse the order when installing the new blub but cut the extra slack off after you rerun the wires through the bulb base it makes it a lot easier. Then reinstall the blub holder back in to the base and lock the blub holder into the base. and replug the wire harnesses and reinstall the clock, and finaly set the time.
Though you should have searched first. This site has enough info already to cover all the basic things with our cars. But I am always happy to help .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2003, 08:13 PM   #3

Like i mentioned before, i am NEW to this site. Information you gave is very appreciated! Thanks

Old May 27th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #4

Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2003, 02:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Blazin036 on May 27th, 2003 at 11:59 PM

Are you shocked that I helped him using your info . Don't worry, I didn't take any credit for the info I posted. That is why I posted your name and quoted your post from another thread .

And I forgot you were new to this forum . BTW any Honda dealer will sell the OEM bulb for like $2.50 but it like the one that came in your car, it is too dim. The radio shack one is bright enough so that all of the displays match.

Old May 28th, 2003, 11:34 AM   #6

i was acutaly shock someone remember that i wrote directon. i was just using that smiley just to make a funny look like this one at least all that typing came to good use i just wish people would do searches if you still have questons feel free to ask thanks for the credit

Last edited by Blazin036; May 29th, 2003 at 05:41 AM..
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:00 AM   #7

Well i replaced the bulb today in my clock, and the bulb you recommended fit perfect, and the price was less than two bucks! i installed it, and it turned out that the fuse wasn't working on #9 on drivers side panel. no biggy, i just didn't look into the fuse descriptions enough. thanks again guys/and gals if there are any here!
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:48 AM   #8

No problem

Old June 5th, 2003, 04:03 PM   #9

well now i have the problem!
i have a 2000 EX V6 Accord and my clock light went out like 20k ago and i am at 43k right now(like that matters) anyways i went to radio shack and they said they dont carry that and suggested to go to Fry's Electronics(good idea!) but then when i went to fry's they didnt have it either, both shops just carried bulbs that were way to huge for the sizing that i have. and the stock bulb that i have is small azz, very tiny.
so now im stuck, and i sont know where to get a bulb. and if anyone knows the specs are on the bulb like volts mA and all that good stuff, please let me know. and if its the same specs as mentioned above then, crap! no one carries that size!
i3lue33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #10

You can go to any Honda dealer and get just the bulb for around $2.50. I am sure the dealer would have many of these on hand since the bulb doesn't last.

That and that there are 50 million 6th gen Accords out there with the same clock (exaggeration ).

Old September 13th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #11

hi, i cant find the radioshack part#7219 like you mentioned for the 6th gen accord ( i got the 99 accord V6) clock bulb. i found the part no. 272-1092 microlamp 12V 60mA $1.49 comes in 2 pack. are these the bulbs? are they the same like the ones from the dealer? is it as simple as replacing the bulb or do i have to modify something? are they the same color like the stock? thanks
mick0uziel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM   #12

i replaced mine today, got the bulb from radioshack, the item#7219 is correct (printed in the package) but when browsing for it, the catalog# is 272-1092 microlamp 12V 60mA $1.49 for a pair. thanks for the tip.
mick0uziel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #13

I have seen kits for changing color of clock bulb. Anybody know if different color bulbs are available for clock and instrument cluster? My bulbs have a dull yellow glow...not bright, kind of depressing.
VenomNST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #14
i haz vtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomNST View Post
I have seen kits for changing color of clock bulb. Anybody know if different color bulbs are available for clock and instrument cluster? My bulbs have a dull yellow glow...not bright, kind of depressing.
check out LED automotive.. or u can get those colored silicone tubes
zany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:49 PM   #15

Thanks...I need the make the color green, though!
VenomNST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #16
i haz vtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomNST View Post
Thanks...I need the make the color green, though!
get a 3mm green led and stick a resistor onto it.

if you are not that adventerous, you can email the guy and ask him for a green version of his product.

I got green LEDS for my gauges from him.
zany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in