Half Nose Mask fit question - - - - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #1

Half Nose Mask fit question - - -

I'm driving around in a '98 Sedan and I'm noticing more and more rock chip marks on the front of my hood and that sucks!

I'm eyeing a half nose mask advertised for a 01-02 coupe for cheap and I'm wondering whether there are fit issues?

Are there any differences between coupe & sedan hoods & fenders? what about 98-00 and 01-02 difference? or are there?

I know of bumper differences, but this is only a half nose mask, just hood & fender.

Spread the knowhow, i'll be here!
Hai_c83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #2

those are good for highways or long trips but you need to really keep under it clean after a while they discolor you paint under there making it worst sometimes the paint under there is draker than the rest and it leaves marks on your hood
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:47 AM   #3

Yeah, you have to maintain the paint under the mask. Sometimes moisture can get under there. But they do work well in protecting against rock chips. It's funny that Honda designed the mask so that it protects the common rock chip areas. It's almost like Honda saying, "if you don't have this mask on, you'll get rock chips in this area".

If you want to get one for good price, let me know. I gave one to my friend as a gift but he gave it back to me saying he didn't want it on his silver coupe.
showgunz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 29th, 2003, 09:42 AM   #4

Does it really mess up the paint in the covered area that bad? I'm starting to have second thoughts about getting it already...

Do u guys know of fit issues between coupes & sedans, or early & late 6th gens?

showgunz: yeah i'm inetrested, name your price!

In any case, I'm looking at these on ebay and found 2 new ones for real cheap complete with original instructions and hardware. anyway here are the links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2417205060
&
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2416704289

think I should?
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #5

i would only use it if i was going on a long and i mean long high way trip but if your really intrested in avoiding rock chips dont follow people too close, expecialy trucks and SUVs, anything thing with out a splash guard is a no no too. just keep a good distance.
Old June 5th, 2003, 06:27 PM   #6

yeah, i nixed the nose mask idea...

didn't look good on another accord, oh well, looks like i'll just have to go riske and not use any protection...
Old June 12th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #7

try www.handaaccessories.com
grkguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2003, 08:36 PM   #8

you could try the m3 clear one that vinals on the bumper but it may do the same thing have read up on it much but it will turn yellow over time, if i where to ever get it i wouldmake sure its covered evenly over pannels never over laping parts while other half is exposed. best bet stick with my advice and stay away from trucks
Old June 15th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #9

you probably mean 3M, not M3
grkguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in