my gauge install and thoughts on it - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:25 PM   #1

my gauge install and thoughts on it

after it >

product > http://procarparts.com/store/display...SVGL-XXXX-RVGX

instructions > http://web.tampabay.rr.com/aie/gauge...structions.htm

the gauges are a piece of ****, had to modify it so that the factory screws would line up right, 3/4 had of the gauges had to be modified. the speedometer fit 100% the other 3 were pain in my ass. forgot to tell you, you have to remove the entire dash and console because there are 3 screws you need to get to and the console is in the way if you dont. at first the rpm gauge stuck, used a dremel on the actual needle to trim it,

other than the hell of putting it and everything (took about 2 1/2 hours, almost 3) they do look pretty damn good but i warn you the product is ****, they didnt even come with instructions in the box! i had to find em on the internet. the guages have 2 colors, the gay light green we always see and the awesome blue. blue cranked up, looks pretty good ^^^

install was a nightmare, its for you to decide if there worth installing. i almost think so
techron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2003, 07:35 PM   #2

Why dont the needles light??
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #3
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenLit98 on May 29th, 2003 at 07:35 PM

Why dont the needles light??
i think he painted his needles white

Old May 29th, 2003, 08:51 PM   #4

no, needles are stock white.
techron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:56 PM   #5
Old Member

for my gauges it came with circles and they said it would slip over, fat chance i just cut a line through the circle so it would fit then super glue it shut afterwards. It took me about an hour to do it.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 12:28 PM   #6

I am thinking of doing my guage cluster next. WIth the reverse Indiglo like yours. Once you put the Blue LEDs behind it it seems that the needles will not show up. How does one get around this? Can you paint the needes? Maybe a glow in the dark green color so similiar? What else are people doing to be able to see the needles at night?
dengsxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 12:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by dengsxr on June 3rd, 2003 at 07:28 PM

I am thinking of doing my guage cluster next. WIth the reverse Indiglo like yours. Once you put the Blue LEDs behind it it seems that the needles will not show up. How does one get around this? Can you paint the needes? Maybe a glow in the dark green color so similiar? What else are people doing to be able to see the needles at night?
i left them the stock orage and just have my instrument lights on the dimest it can go so the needles look red at night. but during the day they are orange which sucks but i still love em!!!
Attached Thumbnails
my gauge install and thoughts on it-gauges.jpg  
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 12:59 PM   #8
Old Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dengsxr on June 3rd, 2003 at 12:28 PM

get some apc super bright 194/168 and replace the stocked ones now it'll glow bright orange.
Old June 4th, 2003, 07:38 PM   #9

So if you wanted to make it blue yet still be able to see the needles at night did you simply place a white LED closest to the needles behind the cluster?
dengsxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2003, 08:07 PM   #10
Old Member

thats what i did take off ur gauges and look behind it theres 3 bulbs for the needles twist it out and replace it with 194/168 bulbs i didnt use leds though
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in