CD Player in Sunglass holder - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:08 PM   #1

CD Player in Sunglass holder

I want to keep a OEM look(for now) but i want to install a single din cdplayer... do u think it will fit in the sunglass holder of a y2k av6? i think i saw it done once at sounddomain.com but i can't remember... anyways.. if u think it can be done, how much do u think to would cost?
swtaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2003, 09:09 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to JDMV6ACCORD
Re: CD Player in Sunglass holder

Quote:
Originally posted by swtaccord on May 29th, 2003 at 08:08 PM

I want to keep a OEM look(for now) but i want to install a single din cdplayer... do u think it will fit in the sunglass holder of a y2k av6? i think i saw it done once at sounddomain.com but i can't remember... anyways.. if u think it can be done, how much do u think to would cost?
Damn seems like a good idea... Don't know never seen it but SOUNDS TYTE haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I WANT A TACOMA
JDMV6ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:11 PM   #3

yea, thats wuz i wuz thinkin too, and then when i get more money, take out the OEM cd-player and add like a 7in lcd w/ a ps2 or sumthin in the glove box to play dvd's and games. i'm gettin a bartending lic. in dec so hopefully i'll be rollin in tha dough after that
swtaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 29th, 2003, 09:11 PM   #4

the only think i ever saw was an EQ up there, never a cd player. there doesnt seem like nearly enuff room without fabricating something new.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:01 PM   #5

there's no way it would fit up there. behind the holder is the roof. I've seen 3 different EQs up there, and a v-afc, but those are less than 2"s thick(I've seen a fosgate symmetry, a pioneer deq-9200 and an alpine SFC all with remote faces). Those are single din width and height, but less than 2" depth which fits perfect in the glasses holder, a cd WILL NOT fit at all, unless you want a huge bulging console overhead. Just order the 3rd din pocket and call it a day.

not sure if this pic will show up but this is symmetry epx2 notice how thin the remote display is

here's the alpine SFC
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2003, 03:55 PM   #6

Yup you would pretty much only be able to put the face up there. get one with a detachable face, and install the radio normally. Then have the shop use the factory face of the radio as a cover. so that way when you look inside itll still look all stock.
roadrash187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2003, 04:04 PM   #7
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Send a message via AIM to iLLeGaLaKKoRD
im gettin it done, when I do my custom interior.
I'm gonna have the detachable face up fiberglassed into the sunglass holder, and wires running behind it to the actual cd player itself mounted elsewhere. Duno how soon im'ma do the interior tho... =\
Old June 14th, 2003, 04:48 AM   #8
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
Check this one out he mounted his sirius sattelite deck in his sunglass holder
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in