Speaker clipping/popping - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:36 PM   #1
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
Speaker clipping/popping

i recently installed everything u see in my sig under "installing" (audio-wise), but only installed one kickpanel with one set of components (one mid, one tweeter)
i have the amp around half gain
its a 70Wamp.....
i am just keeping everything low till i have both kix installed and am ready to balance the audio....
but i was playin some cd, and the focals in the kickpanel were clippin/poping when i raised some of the bass and treble
now, i usd to know what this meant, but i forgot
am i not drivin enuf power to em? is it cuz i dont have L&R hooked up?
is it somethin with power? i ran 4awg wire back.... and i grounded it pretty good too, to an existing ground i found right behind the seats.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2003, 12:44 PM   #2
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

well, i fixed em
the comp's handle 100hz and up
i was feeding the speakers 30hz and up, DONT DO THIS b/c they cant handle below 100hz
either highpass the speakers by the headunit or the amp
i chose to highpass em on my headunit at 125hz
and the amp may be around 80hz highpassed
i recommend highpassin both b/c if you lose battery power and your headunit is reset, u wont blow your speakers if your amp is also highpassed

2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black

Old June 1st, 2003, 05:22 PM   #3

good u caught it soon cuz then ur comps would have blown, n dat's not good.

for your reference in teh future:

subs - lower than 100hz, i prefer 80hz (Low Pass Filter)
midbass - 100hz to i think it goes to like 300hz,
comps/speakers - higher than 100hz for sure (High Pass filteR)
matador is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 1st, 2003, 11:11 PM   #4
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

yeah, i may go with audiobahn 6x9's, they seem to hit pretty low, maybe 35hz. i will use those, with the removable tweeter, in the rear deck, high-pass em at 35 on my HU, low pass em on the amp at 150 or 200. then i got my comp's high-passed on my HU at 125...... sound good? (no subs)
Old June 2nd, 2003, 02:13 AM   #5

hmmm, NO!

35hz would be too low for regular speakers. read the freq above.

you could, but you will prob blow the speakers. it's better to get a sub and comps in teh front n ditch t 6x9s in teh back.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 07:15 AM   #6
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

hmmmm.
see, i didnt wanna get subs
i just wanted to find some good hittin 6x9's
which u think r the lowest hitting ones?
take a lookat these, altho i wouldnt make em hit the lowest.....http://www.themegasale.com/browse.cfm/4,2178.html
Old June 3rd, 2003, 07:48 PM   #7

I hope your planning on adding an amp to push whatever 6X9's you get, because there is not any receivers that can actually push these the way they were meant to be pushed. It says they can handle up to 165 watts RMS, so you really should give them at least 75- 100 watts RMS, and to do that you would need an amp. I have heard Cambridge Soundworks 6X9's hooked up to an amp and they put out some decent bass, and I assume most high end 6X9 will put out some good bass.

After reading your first post I now know you have an amp. I would go to Crutchfield and check out the speakers you want and look at their specs, then I would go to ebay and try to buy them. Crutchfield is a huge waste of money, since they have very high prices. The only reason I'd buy from them, is if I couldn't find the product they had for a lower price, which is as rare as me ever meeting Pam Anderson.

Last edited by ricepilof; June 3rd, 2003 at 07:54 PM..
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 11:55 PM   #8

check out thezeb.com, great prices.

hmmm, kickers might be loud. BUT, 6x9s were not meant for the lower frequency bass. from the components, te midranges will hit lower than a 6x9, but i would still suggest a small sub or something for some boom.

some good speaker companies: Infinity, MB Quart, BOston Acoustics, Focal, CDT audio, Diamond Audio, Rainbow (dont know if these last 3 make 6x9s tho).

follow my advise man, if you do, you don't even need the 6x9s, comps n subs in the trunk will be plenty
Old June 3rd, 2003, 11:58 PM   #9

y dont u try free-air subs?

meaning subs that dont need an enclosure, basically they are like 6x9s but subs. i believe kicker makes some
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in