Rollcall of aftermarket 6x9's installed in rear decks - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:10 PM   #1
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
Rollcall of aftermarket 6x9's installed in rear decks: need some bass response too

ok. i wanna see who has what 6x9's in their rear decks.
other than oem
i wanna see which can fit w/o mods, b/c of the freakin trunk bars beneath the magnets
i know u can raise em up using washers or whateva, but lemme know
i need some bass, b/c my components have none....
and no, i aint gettin subs.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Loulax07; June 1st, 2003 at 12:04 PM..
Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2003, 05:19 PM   #2

Kenwood Excelon 6x9s...one day confused my audio guy cuz he disconnected my subs and wondered why i still had so much bass...its crazy how hard they hit.

Currently they are blown tho and sound like crap...im saving up for their 7x10s....suppposidly really freaking loud.
Nikerey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2003, 11:55 AM   #3
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

yeah, i am lookin for some 6x9's that can hit from 40hz-125hz pretty good (i got my components in front highpassed at 125hz)
anyone else?

Old June 3rd, 2003, 01:52 AM   #4
Jr Member

I have Infinity Kappa 692.5i, nice clean sound, but I heard JL audio 6 x 9's have good bass.
jrvtecaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:29 AM   #5

mb quart dtc 169
morpheus6d9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:48 AM   #6

i got some pioneer 6x9s in the back and they sound hella good with my subs... and when i turn off my subs, they still sound good
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 03:46 PM   #7
Miami 4-Banger

Send a message via AIM to papayonsens
alpine type R, no rubbing at all, but i had to tuck the external crossovers behind hte trunk lining.

--paul
papayonsens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #8

Polk Audio
highenuff14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 03:05 AM   #9

i got the mb quart dtc 169
sirsmokalot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 04:21 AM   #10

Pioneer REV Series
smitty1856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:08 AM   #11
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

sirsmokalot- how deep do they hit?
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:13 AM   #12

Infinity Kappas 693.3i (I think that's the model number)

Got 'em from ikesound.com after looking at Crutchfield and seeing they are EZ-Fit 6x9s... just dropped them in and boom, it's done.
vikrampant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:42 AM   #13
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Vik-how do they sound? bass?
Old June 11th, 2003, 05:01 AM   #14

pioneer 4 way 6x9's nice sound damn good bass i also sell all these speakers let me know if u need a price thanx
shwoogy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2003, 05:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulax07 on June 9th, 2003 at 07:42 AM

Vik-how do they sound? bass?
Gotta be honest, I ain't big into bass, but I knew I was going to get 6x9s and a sub a year ago. After listening to the Infinity's and putting the D-Bass level on my Sony HU to 2, I changed my mind.

You get good bass from these 6x9s, nothing trunk thumping, but good enough lows. And for the price, they're sweet!

Can't wait to wire an amp up and see how much better my sound gets.

-- Vikram
vikrampant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2003, 05:23 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Deuce415
Loulax, with 6X9's in the rear deck, it'll mostly be tight bass, not a deep rumble.

I had 6X9 kicker woofers in the rear deck amplified and it still produced a tight kick. With a sub, you're looking at a tight kick and more rumbling.

I have Infinity Kapa 693.3i's. The bass isn't that great.
Looks: 35% 3M Solabird tint | OEM spoiler | OEM Sunroof Visor | VIS OEM CF Hood | TYC Projectors | CF Eyelids | XenonDepot 4300K H1 HID | TYC Tails
Audio: Alpine CDA-7894 | Apline CHA-S634 | JL Audio 300/4 | Canton RS 2.16 Components | Infinity Kappa 693.3i | JL Audio 12w3v2
Deuce415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2003, 12:37 PM   #17
The Old Man

Send a message via AIM to trafficjam
Quote:
Originally posted by morpheus6d9 on June 3rd, 2003 at 05:29 PM

mb quart dtc 169
Do the 169s scrape the trunk bars? Thanks.

Eddie
trafficjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #18

Had Kicker I693s but ripped those to shreds. went for a few months without anything and it sounded great, especially with the pair of nice holes in the back for the bass to come through, but figured since I had a dsp deck I might as well have something in the back and have CDT braxials in a 6x9 adapter plate. sealed up the underneath to keep my subs from destroying them and they sound great. And don't think you have to stay with 6 x 9"s the scosche adapter plate is only $10
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2003, 01:25 PM   #19
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

well, i've decided to scrap these. i installed a Basslink and just modd'ing my kix to fully enclose the Focal mids. sux workin with fiberglass, but i'm gettin there!
Old June 15th, 2003, 02:26 PM   #20
Player Hater

6x9 infinity Kappas 3 way (the model before they started to suck)
jim-rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #21

haha deep bass with 6x9...lol..good 6x9s should sound rich, leave the deep bass for the subwoofers. just get the ones they have on ebay. ive heard a pair and man they sound so nice. just spend like 20 bucks on them. dont spend money on jl audio, eclipse, rainbow, mbquart, focal and all that bs. just get the cheapest one you can. why spend 5 or 6 times for somethin that can be done with a fraction of that amount. dont think that if you get name brand stuff youll be an audiophile. just get someone to judge it and dont tell them the brand.

hear it before you see it, then judge it.
vtridah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by vtridah on June 15th, 2003 at 10:30 PM

haha deep bass with 6x9...lol..good 6x9s should sound rich, leave the deep bass for the subwoofers. just get the ones they have on ebay. ive heard a pair and man they sound so nice. just spend like 20 bucks on them. dont spend money on jl audio, eclipse, rainbow, mbquart, focal and all that bs. just get the cheapest one you can. why spend 5 or 6 times for somethin that can be done with a fraction of that amount. dont think that if you get name brand stuff youll be an audiophile. just get someone to judge it and dont tell them the brand. Once in a while you can find good stuff for a great price, like right when CDTs first came out, but there's this funny thing of supply and demand. When demand goes up, the price of supply does as well. There's a reason cheap crap stays cheap.

uhhh what??? your ears can't tell the difference between a set of Rainbows and Kracos? then you should stay out of commenting on speakers and stay with your stock setup. Damn I should have heard from you before I spent $5k on a sunfire THX Ultra2 receiver for my home system, and you would have saved much money on my Mirage and Klipsch speaker setup, I should have just gotten myself a sherwood system, oh man and I could have done without a progressive scan tv and dvd player, that would have saved so much money and I would have never been able to tell the difference. Should I cancel my HDTV Satellite setup and just use some antennas on top of the house? Some people can actually tell the difference. Blue light special on isle 3, get your high end car audio. There's a reason cheap stuff stays cheap. Once in a while you'll find great deals on good stuff, like right when CDT first came mainstream, but the second the demand goes up, so does the price. Ahhh supply and demand at it's best.
Old June 15th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #23

MB Quart DTC 169.

No rubbing issues at all. Extremely easy to install. These are very very clear, but I'm not sure how the lower frequencies are because I have it high passed at 125hz.
loxllxol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 01:23 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally posted by vtridah on June 15th, 2003 at 10:30 PM

haha deep bass with 6x9...lol..good 6x9s should sound rich, leave the deep bass for the subwoofers. just get the ones they have on ebay. ive heard a pair and man they sound so nice. just spend like 20 bucks on them. dont spend money on jl audio, eclipse, rainbow, mbquart, focal and all that bs. just get the cheapest one you can. why spend 5 or 6 times for somethin that can be done with a fraction of that amount. dont think that if you get name brand stuff youll be an audiophile. just get someone to judge it and dont tell them the brand.

LOLOLOL... everyone... Please use this as an example of a TRUE car audio noob without an ounce of intelligence in this area. Just because he doesnt want to spend money on quality gear, he has to turn around and bash them. Typical but sad response. Hmm why shop at macy's when Walmart, KMart sells "cotton" type shirts and pants... there's no difference in quality among brands. Wow.. simply unbelievable the thought process that went into the above statement.. Illusion handled his question well .. LOL When we hear his ride farting like a wet @ss as it comes down hittin 200 decibles.. and he smiles thinking "OMG, they're envious of my $200 system!", we'll just be laughing behind his back for the true noob that he is.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 11:23 AM   #25

haha man you guys are somethin..

all im really saying is people just spend tons of money and they dont even know what theyre getting sometimes.

personally i dont use cheap gear.. only jl audio, phoenix gold, and up...

hey loulax, a decent 6x9 would be somethin like the eclipse point source 2 ways..jl audio vr, mb quarts are clean but they lack a lil in the mids,

oh yeah and for the guy calling me an audio newbie, uhh no dude.
e12k with 250 watts ..what a joke...

soon to be 2 e15a ported to spec running with a tantrum 1200.1, maybe one for each sub

grow up leftnut..no need to bash on people that much.
vtridah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 11:46 AM   #26
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Send a message via AIM to iLLeGaLaKKoRD
Pioneer TSA-6999

They iigh, nothin too special, but for $99 I think they sound great.
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by vtridah on June 16th, 2003 at 06:23 PM

soon to be 2 e15a ported to spec running with a tantrum 1200.1, maybe one for each sub

of course let the name calling begin bigman... LOL
So the more wattage you can afford makes you the better person? What backward neighborhood did you grow up in little boy? I responded to your childesh first post.. the basic point if it didnt enter your thick head was simple... brands you have no clue about are not AUTOMATICALLY junk. If this concept comes across.. then we can have an adult like conversation.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
kicker
sounds great
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:57 PM   #29
XmEnB!sHoP

MB Quart DKC 169 6x9" 2-Way DISCUS Coaxial Speakers

not a lot of mid-bass at all, but the sound is excellent.

SAV602 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 08:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally posted by vtridah on June 16th, 2003 at 06:23 PM

haha man you guys are somethin..

all im really saying is people just spend tons of money and they dont even know what theyre getting sometimes.

personally i dont use cheap gear.. only jl audio, phoenix gold, and up...

hey loulax, a decent 6x9 would be somethin like the eclipse point source 2 ways..jl audio vr, mb quarts are clean but they lack a lil in the mids,

So more power means better? but wait, you said don't go for name brand "junk" but now you're saying all you buy is name brand stuff? whoahhhh nelly. We gonna start comparing wackers?

Show us some installs, you do all this squaking about what you have but I haven't seen a thing. As they say, put up or shut up. You obviously aren't a very serious audiphile or you wouldn't have come in here spouting off your mindless banter without grabbing a feel of what's going on in this forum. I've been installing probably longer than you've been alive. We have a gentlman in this forum that even designs and sells his own drivers and enclosures(some of the meanest little PowerMouses around ). We have several folks that have competed or do compete in various IASCA leagues. So before you run around spouting off any more, try looking at it from our perspective. Some little twat comes into the forums being generally rude and acting as if he's a queen bee when almost every major poster in this forum has some pretty serious junk in the trunk, although most of us have better things to do than go solely for SPL( although I can't talk much I was pumping 1400w to a pair of L7s each in a 3.27cf slot ported box for a while, till I decided my nuts were big enough to not need quite that loud of a system )

Anyhow, sit back relax and learn something.

Also I just noticed in another thread, you said you have 1000w and aren't happy, but now you only have 250w going to one 12? which is it? BUt maybe a tantrum 1200.1 or two? Cmon, no need to sling the BS around here. Why not just get one Solo SX-18, 4000w and call it a day.

Last edited by illusion; June 16th, 2003 at 08:42 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in