Lowest hitting 6"x9"? need bass - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2003, 08:56 AM   #1
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
Lowest hitting 6"x9"? need bass

i already posted this on an audio forum, but tryin here first

i wanna avoid usin subs in my car
any decent hitting 6x9's out there? (i have focal utopia comps in kicks in front)
how do these sound? http://www.themegasale.com/browse.cfm/4,2178.html

any better ones out there?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2003, 03:08 PM   #2

look into inifinity or jbl
J30A02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM   #3

if you can find some kicker 6x9s on eBay, go for them.
Rainbow Soundline 6x9s hit quite deep as well.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 7th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #4

Thats about as low a frequency as a 6X9 will go. I'd just get those audiobahn speakers. $109 is a good price. You'll get plenty of bass from those if they hit that low.
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2003, 06:31 PM   #5
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

L-fty- u think these could hit lower than the rainbows or kickers? the tweeters can be removed..... audiobahn's http://www.themegasale.com/browse.cfm/4,2178.html
hits 20hz-21kHz

the kickers and anything else i've found only goes to 35-40....
i see one kool thing, u can take the tweeter out... prob can act as more of a mid-low bass speaker
Old June 9th, 2003, 02:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulax07 on June 8th, 2003 at 01:31 AM

L-fty- u think these could hit lower than the rainbows or kickers? the tweeters can be removed..... audiobahn's http://www.themegasale.com/browse.cfm/4,2178.html
hits 20hz-21kHz

the kickers and anything else i've found only goes to 35-40....
i see one kool thing, u can take the tweeter out... prob can act as more of a mid-low bass speaker
First of all.. no 6x9 will play cleanly below 50hz. The physical attributes of the driver(cone area) and it's Qes coupled with its limited Xmax all contribute to a driver that just cannot go that low. The audible & yet directional midbass you will hear will be in the 70-100hz range. I myself am not a fan of audiobahn, as I started with car audio... I got into the "fo sho" hype of audiobahn flame subs, and chromy component sets that offered(a long time ago back in my highschool days)... I tried them and I sorely was displeased... just no clarity in midrange and/or in the low frequencies... Yes that do hit low... but hitting low and sounding muddy at the same time is not very pleasing...

If you want dedicated low midbass... seriously look for some 6x9 kickers.. you will be quite pleased. The rainbows I suggested sound amazing with nice midbass extension and very smooth midrange/highs. There are other brands out there I didnt mention... typical infinity kappas and alpine type Rs might satisfy your thirst for rear deck midbass... check them out at your local retailors....

Hope this helps...
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:23 AM   #7
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

thanx L_fty- yeah, i need the best, lowest hitting rear-fill. i just dont know which to go with. i figured the audiobahns, not for show, but b/c the tweeters can be removed..... the specs seemed pretty good, good spl, but high wattage..... i really dont know what to do. i wanna avoid subs as best as possible.......
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:47 AM   #8

I would suggest type-r's. All of the type r stuff is made for bass. Just take a look at the huge rubber seal around the driver, it allows for a lot of travel.

BTW, why avoid subs? There are pleanty of conservative set-ups you can go with...
ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulax07 on June 9th, 2003 at 07:23 AM

thanx L_fty- yeah, i need the best, lowest hitting rear-fill. i just dont know which to go with. i figured the audiobahns, not for show, but b/c the tweeters can be removed..... the specs seemed pretty good, good spl, but high wattage..... i really dont know what to do. i wanna avoid subs as best as possible.......
Your blowing this buying 6X9 speaker way out of proportion. Just buy some damn speakers, if they're not low enough bass, return them and buy some new ones. Why make such a big deal out of this???
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 12:10 PM   #10
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

great, thanx for your awesome advise Ricepilof! i really didnt think of that! lol
i've decided to make my front comp's better, workin with fiberglass as we speak, to baffle them
then i will add a basslink
Old June 9th, 2003, 01:33 PM   #11

I think I am starting to look towards a basslink solution as well, it is just so damn easy to setup. It isn't better than most seperate solutions, but for the price and convenience... I don't think we can expect more.

The rear speakers shouldn't be a big deal as they should be rear fill. If you are trying to make them do sub work, I am afraid you may be disappointed with any of the ones you try. Some will hit fairly low, but they will not replace a dedicated sub.
Bravo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #12
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

exactly bravo1. also, the basslink is compact and an amp/sub in one, so easy..... just run some RCA's, power and ground to em, done..... should be what i need. and much better than bazooka
Old June 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #13

Does anyone know if the Infinity 693.5i's will fit in the rear deck? Everyone mentions the 692.5's, so does the 693 have a tweeter protrusion problem? If the 693's fit then I will probably get those without hesitation.
Bravo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2003, 01:19 AM   #14
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

i think the downward clearance is the problem (magnet)
not the prutrusion. that plastic speaker grill in back, that covers all the speakers, i doubt is flush with the speakers below. ie, there is room from the bottom of the grill to the top of the speaker....
Old June 10th, 2003, 07:15 PM   #15

Believe it or not i got Pioneer 6x9's 4 way 80 watt rms damn impressive especially for the price sometimes i turn off my subs they kick so good
shwoogy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2003, 01:32 AM   #16

will getting bassy 6x9, like the kickers (which model btw?) really improve the bass that much? i already got a more low-end kenwood HU
SwTbeB4Lyfe43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in