DVD audio/video help... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2003, 03:20 AM   #1
___

DVD audio/video help...

OK,

I got this awhile ago and was going to sell it, but now I think I have an idea....

I have this DVD player

and I have a 7" lcd screen that I want to put where the OEM headunit goes after I take that out.

My question is if I will be able to connect everything without having to buy a headunit or if I HAVE to buy an aftermarket headunit.

I talked to the guy that I bought the player and screen from and he said I might be able to do it if I buy an amp to power the stock speakers so that the sound can go from the dvd/mp3/cd player but he doesn't know if it will because might not have a "power on" wire.

Would I be able to do this with an amp or would it just be much better if I bought an aftermarket headunit to run the sound off of?

Thanks for your help
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2003, 08:43 AM   #2

You could just keep your stock headunit and plug it into the AUX port.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehonaux.html
99%StockAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2003, 02:28 PM   #3
___

Quote:
Originally posted by 99%StockAV6 on June 4th, 2003 at 07:43 AM

You could just keep your stock headunit and plug it into the AUX port.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehonaux.html
But then I would have the problem of where to put the stock HU because I want to put the LCD screen where the stock hu goes.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 4th, 2003, 09:11 PM   #4

Why not create a bracket and put the LCD directly below the stock HU in that pocket thing?
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:37 PM   #5
___

Quote:
Originally posted by halcyon on June 4th, 2003 at 08:11 PM

Why not create a bracket and put the LCD directly below the stock HU in that pocket thing?
I have a little thing to put it there but I think I would rather have it up a little higher in the stock HU place. But if I did it this way, would I be able to connect the DVD Player to the Stock HU and the Screen?
Old June 5th, 2003, 02:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by borinka99 on June 4th, 2003 at 11:37 PM

I have a little thing to put it there but I think I would rather have it up a little higher in the stock HU place. But if I did it this way, would I be able to connect the DVD Player to the Stock HU and the Screen?
Yes, you'd have to buy the special wire to adapt to the cd changer output. Where are you going to put the dvd player???Also, you could hook up an amp to the dvd player to get sound if it has a rca outputs, which most likely it does. I would get an aftermarket deck rather than use your factory radio, it would sound a lot better. So many options you can do, have fun choosing.
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2003, 03:01 AM   #7
___

Quote:
Originally posted by ricepilof on June 5th, 2003 at 01:14 AM

Yes, you'd have to buy the special wire to adapt to the cd changer output. Where are you going to put the dvd player???Also, you could hook up an amp to the dvd player to get sound if it has a rca outputs, which most likely it does. I would get an aftermarket deck rather than use your factory radio, it would sound a lot better. So many options you can do, have fun choosing.
Yea, I think first I'm gonna have to somehow fit the 7" screen into the stock HU's place by dremeling the cover thing and then try to see if this old (piece of ****) headunit I used to have would still work just to get the sound from the DVD player to the speakers and mount that under the stock headunit, then try to put the dvd player either in the glovebox or armrest
Old June 5th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #8

what you need is an fm modulator to get the sound from the dvd player to come out of your headunit. once you get the dvd sound hooked to the fm modulator, the modulator splits the antenna input from you headunit and feeds the sound to a radio station you don't use. i have an extra one lying around. i can sell it to you for $35 shipped if you interested.
jaybonez99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #9
___

Quote:
Originally posted by jaybonez99 on June 5th, 2003 at 10:37 AM

what you need is an fm modulator to get the sound from the dvd player to come out of your headunit. once you get the dvd sound hooked to the fm modulator, the modulator splits the antenna input from you headunit and feeds the sound to a radio station you don't use. i have an extra one lying around. i can sell it to you for $35 shipped if you interested.
So If I buy this fm modulator, all I would have to do is connect the DVD player to the modulator to the speakers? I thought the FM modulator was something to connect a cd changer to your car and you would have to turn it to a certain FM station to be able to use it.
Old June 5th, 2003, 01:39 PM   #10

yes fm modulators are also used for cd changers. basically fm modulators feed sound to any headunit via a radio station if the headunit does not have an rca input. the dvd sound is sent to the fm modulator which sends the sound to your headunit through the radio antenna which is split by the modulator.
jaybonez99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in