Help, rattling trunk.... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2003, 08:42 AM   #1
hmmm...

Send a message via AIM to 7thgenaccd
Help, rattling trunk....

my 03 accd trunk rattles a lot because of my subs. how easy is it to put in dynamat or should i go to the pro..
7thgenaccd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2003, 09:12 AM   #2

It real simple, you should do it yourself. Sorry I don't have a pic of my work.
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:21 AM   #3
hmmm...

if i plan on doing this myself, wat should i buy and how much will it cost me?

Old June 9th, 2003, 09:28 AM   #4

I forgot how much they were, bc I took some from my brother. You can go to the car audio district in downtown LA. Things down there are really cheap.
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:33 AM   #5
hmmm...

hehe, i go down there often, u go to??
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:36 AM   #6

YEAH, things are so cheap down there. Gotta find some way to save money for my mods. Plus Chinatown is near by and its my home. I'm the King of Bunker Hill
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:39 AM   #7
hmmm...

thanx for the advice, i think imma try LA, but how much do you think it will cost if i went to a pro to get it put in?
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by 7thgenaccd on June 9th, 2003 at 08:39 AM

thanx for the advice, i think imma try LA, but how much do you think it will cost if i went to a pro to get it put in?
I seriously don't know, but you know them, they will charge alot more.
Old June 9th, 2003, 02:04 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to PiMpiN WhiTe CL
u know 11th street is ghetto as hell..all their stuff is refurbished and offer no warrenty..depending on where you go

but yea how would you go about applying dynamat..i need some on my rear deck..rattles like crazy..would i just put it on and use that roller stuff??
PiMpiN WhiTe CL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #10
hmmm...

yea, 11th street is ghetto, but it's damn cheap.. i was also wondering how easy it is to put dynamat in ur trunk..
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:25 PM   #11

i put fatmat in my entire car( well im not done with it yet ) but its real easy. here are some steps to doing so. be it dynamat, fatmat, or whatever.

1. MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN THE SURFACE FIRST. because if you dont, it wont stick or it will eventually come off.

2. just peel, and apply where desired, the hardest part is gettin the interior parts of your car off. someone mentioned they wanted to do the rear deck, is that the rear dash? because if so, it is such a ***** to get off. but yea jus peel and apply.

now you can get dynamat's bulk pack, which is approximately 36 square feet. and it retails(bulk pack) for 249.95 down here in atlanta. and i think thats a total ripoff. i bought fatmat off of fatmats website for 100$ for 100 square feet. sure its not as thick as dynamat. but its a hell of alot cheaper than dynamat. you can also get rattpack, which is insanely thick, its 80mil thick, if you get 70 sq ft of rattpack, its 70lbs installed. i think 100sq ft of fatmat weighs 23lbs and is45mil thick. so i went with it, dynamat is like 40-45lbs installed. i know its like twice as thick as fatmat.

go to www.fatmat.com
they have mad links for other products there.

but i think fatmat is the best for the money.

but you can make your own decision

Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2003, 01:20 AM   #12

uh... go to eBay and pickup some Dynamat Xtreme, not the crappy original DYnamat. You dont need to clean the surface you're going to apply to.. Xtreme "extreme" tackiness and easy to cut makes it's cake when applying to any metal panel. Remember to pickup some dark speaker carpet to cover the dynamat after you've done the trunk lid... use some 3M #77 spray glue onto the dynamat layer and stick on the carpet for a professional clean look.

I've used eDead from edesignaudio, and well it basically sucks cacballs when compared to xtreme. Raamat is also good but isnt as thick as xtreme. You can purchase a bulk pack of 36sq ft on eBay for about $120 shipped. Expensive yes but IMO it is the best for it's tackiness, easy to cut, and most importantly it's rubber density to mass loading ratio <-- mumbo jumbo to make me look smart
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2003, 10:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by L_fty on June 10th, 2003 at 03:20 AM

uh... go to eBay and pickup some Dynamat Xtreme, not the crappy original DYnamat. You dont need to clean the surface you're going to apply to.. Xtreme "extreme" tackiness and easy to cut makes it's cake when applying to any metal panel. Remember to pickup some dark speaker carpet to cover the dynamat after you've done the trunk lid... use some 3M #77 spray glue onto the dynamat layer and stick on the carpet for a professional clean look.

I've used eDead from edesignaudio, and well it basically sucks cacballs when compared to xtreme. Raamat is also good but isnt as thick as xtreme. You can purchase a bulk pack of 36sq ft on eBay for about $120 shipped. Expensive yes but IMO it is the best for it's tackiness, easy to cut, and most importantly it's rubber density to mass loading ratio <-- mumbo jumbo to make me look smart
your insane dude. fatmat. edead. dynamat. are all made of the same polymer. you HAVE to clean off the surface before you put it on. i have dynamat in my trunk, and it came off because there was dust on the trunklid. and the thicker the polymer. the harder it is to cut.
Old June 10th, 2003, 11:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Forrest on June 10th, 2003 at 05:59 PM

your insane dude. fatmat. edead. dynamat. are all made of the same polymer. you HAVE to clean off the surface before you put it on. i have dynamat in my trunk, and it came off because there was dust on the trunklid. and the thicker the polymer. the harder it is to cut.
I'm sorry... did you just call us insane? And what polymer would that be my friend? Have you actually tested each sound deadener and verified that they al have the same properties based on their "same" polymer? I didnt think so.. so of course you're opinion isnt really valid. eDead I HAVE used and well it does not stick when the ambient temperature drops in the low 30-40 degrees F, while my previously applied xtreme is holding strong... I guess your same polymer theory doesnt hold alot of water. I agree that come from the same type of butyl base.. but there are other properties that differentiate all the brands. Now stop pissing on this poor guy's thread and let him decide on which deadener to choose. Even if he goes with Peal&Seal from home depot, he'll still be better than eDead....
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #15
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
damn i cant find that peal and seal stuff anywhere
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #16

i never said go with edead. but im pretty sure its all made from the same polymer base. i used fatmat. which is the same polymer used in dynamat extreme, i asked the dynamat rep and he said that fatmat is basicly LESS dynamat. so sorry if i come across as an ass. but its what ive been told. but i never said anything about edead bein the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in