I have a dual tip muffler...now im getting a lip kit - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
I have a dual tip muffler...now im getting a lip kit

aight, so I have a dual tip muffler right now... (only on the passenger side since im a 4 banger), and i am getting the xenon lip kit. the kit is shaped for a round muffler not a dual one so i was wondering how I should mod the kit so it will fit my muffler.

should i paint it, then mod? or mod then paint?

i was thinkin of just putting it on temperarily and then drawing a line on the kit softly so see where i need to cut it..

HELP ME!!! what should i cut it with and how should i do this whole procedure?!?! start from phase one where i am... Havent recieved the kit yet..lol
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 13th, 2003, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
LaoSiFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,083
first have your muffler on. then install the kit. see how much of a clearance you have. then I would go to a body shop to have them cut it because I think the kit its urethene not fiberglass. Plus they have the right tool for the job.
__________________
In regards to Tein products, PM honda_girrrl.
LaoSiFu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #3
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally posted by SiFuLao on June 13th, 2003 at 11:12 AM

first have your muffler on. then install the kit. see how much of a clearance you have. then I would go to a body shop to have them cut it because I think the kit its urethene not fiberglass. Plus they have the right tool for the job.
lol, the muffle is on my car bro...

plus, you cant install it right until u mod the kit to fit around the muffler.

yes its urethane, i kno that... i was just askin how to mod it...

so u say go to a body shop?
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old June 13th, 2003, 12:24 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
LaoSiFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,083
Yeah a body shop would know how to work around your muffler. Plus they gotta know where the muffler is going to be exactly to know where to cut.
__________________
In regards to Tein products, PM honda_girrrl.
LaoSiFu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2003, 09:11 PM   #5
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally posted by SiFuLao on June 13th, 2003 at 11:24 AM

Yeah a body shop would know how to work around your muffler. Plus they gotta know where the muffler is going to be exactly to know where to cut.
but my question was... if i were to mod it, what would i use?
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #6
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
^ bump...

ok, i ordered the xenon kit today. HELLA MONEY! but anyway, im hella worried about the rear lip. I have a dual tip muffler (look at the attached picture), and the kit, as most of u kno, comes with a round opening for a muffler. you think i can mod the kit myself with a razor blade? and sand the **** out of it to make it smooth? tell me some options!!!

my friend is going to paint the kit for me, but in what order should i do everything. should i dry test fit it first then paint. someone lay this out for me....
Attached Thumbnails
I have a dual tip muffler...now im getting a lip kit-exhaust.jpg  

Last edited by antman321; June 24th, 2003 at 03:35 PM..
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #7
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
^bump
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2003, 10:03 PM   #8
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally posted by antman321 on June 24th, 2003 at 02:34 PM

^bump
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2003, 01:45 AM   #9
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,566
get a new exhaust it will look better in the end and will save your kit find a new exhaust but dual since the rear lip has two openings for exhaust it looks funny if you only have one plus that exhaust will look horriable on you car with a xenon lip just do your self a favor and get a new exhaust and sell your old one it looks like it wasnt much to even begin with just get an exhaust with a clean tip
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #10
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally posted by Blazin036 on June 25th, 2003 at 12:45 AM

get a new exhaust it will look better in the end and will save your kit find a new exhaust but dual since the rear lip has two openings for exhaust it looks funny if you only have one plus that exhaust will look horriable on you car with a xenon lip just do your self a favor and get a new exhaust and sell your old one it looks like it wasnt much to even begin with just get an exhaust with a clean tip
why u talking **** foo, my exhaust has a hella deep tone, none of that ricey shiet. btw, there are 2 openings in that kit, but only one is open when u get it, you gotta pop the other side out if u have a v6. and, my exhaust will look sick with that kit, stop hatin

thank you
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #11
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 103
one time for shady looking non-brand name probably will rust in a few month mufflers
TuRb0MiKeY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2003, 05:17 PM   #12
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
Re: I have a dual tip muffler...now im getting a lip kit

back to the topic

Quote:
Originally posted by antman321 on June 13th, 2003 at 11:04 AM

aight, so I have a dual tip muffler right now... (only on the passenger side since im a 4 banger), and i am getting the xenon lip kit. the kit is shaped for a round muffler not a dual one so i was wondering how I should mod the kit so it will fit my muffler.

should i paint it, then mod? or mod then paint?

i was thinkin of just putting it on temperarily and then drawing a line on the kit softly so see where i need to cut it..

HELP ME!!! what should i cut it with and how should i do this whole procedure?!?! start from phase one where i am... Havent recieved the kit yet..lol
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2003, 12:29 AM   #13
SILVIA
 
EuStOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Holmdel, NJ
Posts: 1,463
Send a message via AIM to EuStOn Send a message via MSN to EuStOn Send a message via Yahoo to EuStOn
how much you got the xenon for, cause I want one too, don't know where will be cheaper!!
help me out
EuStOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2003, 06:21 AM   #14
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,566
i aint talking ****, i never said your exhaust sounded ricey. im just letting you know its gonna look funny how that lip dosnt look good with your exhaust even when you dont puch it out, still gonna look funny i seen it before im only trying to give suggestion thats why you aks to begin with. so dont get all up set when someone trys to give you an idea
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #15
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally posted by starcrap12 on June 25th, 2003 at 11:29 PM

how much you got the xenon for, cause I want one too, don't know where will be cheaper!!
help me out
i got a good price of $709 shipped... best price on the internet for the xenon BRAND NEW
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2003, 01:48 PM   #16
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally posted by Blazin036 on June 26th, 2003 at 05:21 AM

i aint talking ****, i never said your exhaust sounded ricey. im just letting you know its gonna look funny how that lip dosnt look good with your exhaust even when you dont puch it out, still gonna look funny i seen it before im only trying to give suggestion thats why you aks to begin with. so dont get all up set when someone trys to give you an idea
im not upset, just sounded like you were telling me my exhaust doesnt look good when it does.

as for the sleeve on the left side of the kit, i just might have it molded so its all smooth, is that better?

ill be the only one in the bay area (or around me area) with the kit so ill be happy
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2003, 11:23 PM   #17
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,566
if you like it thats all that matters
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #18
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
but once again...

should i mod it myself or is it just better to take it to a shop and have it cut to fit me exhaust? my friend is primering and painting it for me at his shop so yeah
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2003, 12:14 PM   #19
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 116
Urethane = hard to break = hard to cut

Make a measurement yourself of what needs to be cut, mark it, and take it to a body shop to cut.

Or, just bring the lip with you to the shop and let them figure it out.

DON'T put the lip on after it's painted and then try to adjust. I had my kit put on before I had my exhaust realigned and I melted some paint.

Jason
JMBGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2003, 12:24 PM   #20
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
since im having the body shop mod my rear lip, im not talking about it here...

for the front and sides, should i put them on my car and drill the proper holes before i primer it and paint it?

in what order should i do the certain steps to putting the kit on finally....?
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On