Which MB Quart tweeter setting is most natural sounding: 0dB, -3db, -6db - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2003, 06:56 AM   #1

Which MB Quart tweeter setting is most natural sounding: 0dB, -3db, -6db

I have the MB Quart RSD 216 which includes:
-RWC 216 (mid)
-RTC 216 (tweeter)
-RXC 216 (crossover)

The crossover has 3 settings for the tweeter: 0db, -3db, -6db.

I am running about 100W RMS to the speakers.

IMO, the -3db setting sounds the most natural. I think the 0db setting is way to bright.

What tweeter setting do you think sounds the most natural (I am asking for your opinion)?

I know its not the Q series and that focal, rainbow, and CDT seperates sound way better. But I am on a budget, and honestly don't want to spend that much on my car speakers. And I actually like how the speakers sound in my car.

nitinj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2003, 08:40 AM   #2

Well, it's your car, and your music, so your statement of "IMO, the -3db setting sounds the most natural." answers your question.

MB Quarts are very brightly balanced speakers, I don't know a single person who likes the 0db setting.

Sam
Sam Lin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 01:11 AM   #3

LOL nitin just answered his own question. Car audio is purely subjective... of course audio noobs start wars over who's right and who's wrong or what sound best and what doesnt. Personally, MB is only good for home audio application and I'd just run them over with my tires but of course that's just a subjective opinion
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 16th, 2003, 04:25 AM   #4

Smile

I am asking for your subjective opinion? I don't know your opinoin, so I did not answer my own question. I simply gave you my opinoin.

There is no one right answer.

Last edited by nitinj; June 16th, 2003 at 04:31 AM..
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:55 AM   #5

What amp and headunit are you running to these speakers? Any eq/or external crossovers as well?
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:57 AM   #6

Kenwood DPX-MP4030 Headunit
A/D/S PQ40.2 (RMS 100Wx4 @ 4 ohms)
No eq/or external crossovers
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:44 AM   #7

JEEZIZ that's a beautiful amp... but why waste such a beauty on ugh MBs... , that would make some other branded speakers sing with the utmost joy. anyways... use 3db attentuation and call it a day.
Old June 16th, 2003, 10:24 AM   #8

besides the subjective arguement already discussed

Alot of times speaker manufacturers include the fade off for tweets because of different mounting positions.

alot of times if people reflect their front tweets off glass, they need to reduce the tweet output to keep it balanced with everything else.

Its also a practice to have a high rolloff for your rear speakers, so maybe people would use that feature for their rear speakers.

Obviously it would make sense that 0db (no fade) would be the most natural, but there are other factors (like the 2 above) along with the fact your head unit isnt perfect nor are any amps you may have. So between these 3 options and personal preference, its nice MB Quart gave you different settings.

For the most "natural" sounding for your speakers and placement, your best bet is to get it into a shop with an analyzer to set some default equalizer settings, and then tune personalized settings from there.

People get used to their own stereo's and usually think it sounds the best because they are used to it. I have been it some rediculously horrible sounding vehicles in my time and the owners just think its golden. Since your buying MB Quart in the first place, I would bet your car is sounding good

Last edited by sab4you; June 16th, 2003 at 10:27 AM..
sab4you is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in