What does 70% tint look like?? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:04 AM   #1
Just Another Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Tekksun
What does 70% tint look like??

I'm planning to get my windows tinted, but I want to keep it legal....(NY) 70% on all the sides & whatever I want on the back. Is 70% even noticable? Please post pics if you can. Also, how strict are they in NY (upstate) about tint? Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
----------------------------------------
[OO\\--[H]--//OO]

[O8]==\X/==[8O]

Tekksun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2003, 04:15 AM   #2

why even bother...70% is what you windows look like when they are dirty. You wont like it and it wont be worth $100+
Nikerey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 05:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikerey on June 16th, 2003 at 06:15 AM

70% is what you windows look like when they are dirty.
LOL... I guess I can add 70% tint to my mod list then...
NauticaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 16th, 2003, 05:58 AM   #4

yeah 70% is nothing, i got 35% and it looks reall good at night and is still dark during the day but not enough to get busted.
phool2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:05 AM   #5

i think you guys are mixing up the numbers. when he's talking about 70%, he means what you guys think of 30%. i think you guys are mixing up the % of sunlight in, and % sunlight blocked.

70% (aka 30%) is alright. it's a decent tint but you can still see inside if you look really closely. what color is your whip? if you ahve a lighter color car like white or red, then too dark doesn't look that good anways, so stick with 70%. gl
yeahsure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:06 AM   #6
Just Another Member

35% or 50% is what I'd like to get, but I'm trying to stay legal. Plus in NY the are thinking about adding a tint check into the yearly inspection. I just don't want to spend the $$ on tint, and then have to take it right back off.
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:10 AM   #7
Just Another Member

Quote:
Originally posted by yeahsure on June 16th, 2003 at 01:05 PM

i think you guys are mixing up the numbers.
No, NY state law says you can't have your side windows any darker than 70% (70% light let in). It really sucks. I have seen ALOT of cars with darker tint, though (35%-50%). That's why I asked how strict the cops are.

I HOPE I have the #'s mixed up, but I don't think I do.

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/S...aw%20Chart.htm

Last edited by Tekksun; June 16th, 2003 at 06:16 AM..
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:19 AM   #8

mine i belive the man that did it said that it allows 35% of the light to travel through it and blocks 65% of the rest. All i know is that it is not super dark but looks good
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekksun on June 16th, 2003 at 08:10 AM

No, NY state law says you can't have your side windows any darker than 70% (70% light let in). It really sucks. I have seen ALOT of cars with darker tint, though (35%-50%). That's why I asked how strict the cops are.

I HOPE I have the #'s mixed up, but I don't think I do.

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/S...aw%20Chart.htm
No, your exactly right. Around 35% is legal in NY, BUT..... key word is BUT... some states differ. Like in CT where I got busted for my tints and got a $121 ticket, legal is 38% according to the cop. Also, key thing to remember is the tint shop may say their tint is a certian percentage, but may be totally different when the cop scans your window to check. This happened to me when I thought I was buying 20% tints, and the cop measured my tint to be 4% Thats practically limo tint!

Definately playing it safe (even if its not exactly what you want) will save you not only in NY, but other states and their stringent laws.
BigVic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #10

BigVic has a good point, it varies from tint to tint to , so be carefull, pealing it off on the side of the road is not fun!
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:40 AM   #11

my opinion: just get watever tint you want and deal with the consequences. it really all depends on how much of a **** your cop is. i live in LI and have 20% all around - no problems yet <knock on wood>.

you guys are getting me all paranoid about my tint now.
yeahsure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #12
Just Another Member

I just talked to a guy at a local tint shop, and he verified that 70% (not the darker 35%) is what is legal here. However, he said that he has 35% on his car and hasn't had a problem with cops. So I'm not sure what to do. Especially if they are thinking about putting a tint check in the inspections.
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:48 AM   #13
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
i have had 20% since 96 on all my cars
never had any problems, even with bein stopped by cops 10times...... just roll em down and they respect u more
Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 07:09 AM   #14
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Send a message via AIM to iLLeGaLaKKoRD
i think it varies in different area's in NY, nassau county by far has got to have the most ****headded cops ever.. I usually j/keep my windows all rolled down (i have 21% tint, but 17% as measured by cops) and even then they pull me over n tell me to roll my windows up so they can measure it.

But also, my car also sticks out, since its a "hooked up" car, as opposed to if you have a somewhat stock looking car, you can probably get away with limo tints.

My advice to you, is if you have ur car hooked up or plan on hooking it up (exterior wise), dont get dark tints, because not only will you get a ticket, but the fines on all the tickets have been jacked up. Its j/not worth it imo..
Old June 16th, 2003, 10:55 AM   #15

ive had 5% for over a year and never had a problem. And 5% is where you cant see in the car during the DAY.
Nikerey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 01:07 PM   #16

i think 15 all around is perfect.
aCcOrDv6VTEC3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:48 PM   #17

I have 50% all around........I like the way it looks, not dark, but just enough. I didn't want to get harassed by the cops for dark tint, so I got the legal limit of 50%. I'm actually happy, I wouldn't want it any darker.
accordv602 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:53 PM   #18

dont remind mee bout tint.. i just got a ticket for IT!!!! damn iit... i have 5% all around including front windows.. an front windsheild 50%!... this is not cool.. i have too find a cop whos cool to sign thiS! i live in cali4nia .. i have black sedan... an looks sweeet as helll... that tints not comin off my car!! it ll look naked wit out it...
coo69foo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 04:36 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to metallikatz3
I live in NJ, I used to have 15% (light let in) on all my windows, now its just the back cuz it failed inspection for the front windows being so tinted. With this tint it is impossible to see out at night, and almost impossible to see in during the day.
metallikatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 08:46 PM   #20

35 is ok still lite but get 50 if your worried and just keep the window down when and if you get pulled over and during inspections or 35 back and sides and 50-70 in the front
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 09:03 PM   #21

i have 5% on my back windows and 50% on my 2 fronts...

but i wanna go darker with the fronts...would 5% on the fronts be stupid of me or cool? cause i hella want it darker...
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 09:42 PM   #22

i seen someone with 5 all the ways arond even front windshield it was very very dark must suck on a dark road
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 11:16 PM   #23
What Da Pho*?

Send a message via ICQ to bachviet Send a message via AIM to bachviet Send a message via MSN to bachviet Send a message via Yahoo to bachviet
70% tint is nothing. Here is my car with 35% in the front and 15% in the rear:

It's illegal to have front windows tinted here in SoCal but I did it anyway because I can't stand the heat in the summer.

'00 SS AV6 EX Sedan&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
bachviet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in