How much Dynamat needed for trunk? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2003, 05:29 AM   #1
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
How much Dynamat needed for trunk?

I am prob not buyin Dynamat, but just used the word for an easy subject.....
i wanna sound-deaden my trunk with something like fatmat, dynamat, etc.... just didnt know the square footage and didnt find it in a search on herre.....
lemme know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2003, 05:32 AM   #2

they have a dynamat trunk kit on ebay going for around 60-70 shipped.. i think that should be sufficient

my question is, how hard is the install?
a local car shop is charging 100 bux to put in dynamat for someone, i wouldn't think its that HARD
oneshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 05:42 AM   #3
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

i'm sure you can install it yourself
pretty easy. measure, peel and seal.....

Old June 16th, 2003, 06:49 AM   #4

hmm entire trunk and lid.. I'd say about 25-30ft of sound dampening material. Give about 2 layers all around.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:52 AM   #5
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

ok, i wanna go with one layer
i just have the basslink..... so 15sq. ft. is fine? does this include under the carpet? and, what sound deadener u recommend?
Old June 16th, 2003, 07:09 AM   #6

Including under the carpet, I'd say keep at least 20ft with you...
Brands recommended:

Raamat, dynamat xtreme(my favorite but most expensive), peal & seal(home depot stuff... I used it in my front doors.. a slight smell, very tacky and easy to cut)

Stuff to stay away from: Brown bread(hated it... started peeling off at the slightest hint of cold weather) and eDead version2.. it's just a sad sad attempt at a sound deadener, doesnt stick well to metals.. peels off easily.. but bonds to one another like crazy glue
Old June 16th, 2003, 07:13 AM   #7
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

ok, thanx bro! btw, i cant see u on AIM
hit me up when u can
Old June 16th, 2003, 07:54 AM   #8
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
Quote:
Originally posted by L_fty on June 16th, 2003 at 07:09 AM

peal & seal(home depot stuff... I used it in my front doors.. a slight smell, very tacky and easy to cut)
[/B]
do u recommend this for the trunk?
Old June 16th, 2003, 08:19 AM   #9
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

i just dont know if this will fill my entire trunk http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=268&1=269&3=730
Old June 16th, 2003, 01:05 PM   #10
Miami 4-Banger

Send a message via AIM to papayonsens
dont get the trunk kit. dynamat in general is wayy overpriced, but the trunk kit had xtreme and the original. the original is ****. youre prob. better off buying a normal kit of an alternative brand, use what u need, and then jsut sell your excess, or split it with someone from the beginning. from what ive heard, one layer doesnt really do much, i may be wrong, i dunno, see what other ppl think.

--paul
papayonsens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #11
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

thanx!
Old June 16th, 2003, 02:26 PM   #12
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
I have dynamated my entire car and one sheet of the Dynamat Xtreme gets a door you can get the bulk pack which is 9 sheets of it and it dose pretty much everything you can think of in your car. I have done all doors, trunk fllor and lid, roof, back shelf, and kickpanels

SPONSORS:
-
-
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #13

yea but how much did you pay for the extreme bulk pack? also how did you do your roof? how do you get your roof off? and is it easy to get back on?

and in reference to L_fty, im pretty sure all soundproofing has that smell to it, i may be wrong. but i think so.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 02:39 PM   #14
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
i got it for 140 shipped it retailed for like 330 when i got it. I did the roof by takin off the side panels in the back window and then popping off the roof and then slightly bending it to place the dynamat. in and it took a good hour to get it in right and miss the sun roof...but i got it I didnt even take the roof piece off i wedged myself in the car weird to get the angle to put it in and roll the air bubles out...

It does have a slight smell but that is really only when you are installin it i dont smell anything....

SPONSORS:
-
-
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:06 PM   #15
Miami 4-Banger

Send a message via AIM to papayonsens
if you guys are lookin for a dynmat bulk pack, Ike Sound has it for 128, with free shipping. i highly reccomend dealing with them, great service. people love dynamat for the name & reputation, but wow even with u saving 102 off of MSRP at Ike, you still only get 36 sq. feet...i think hte best alternative out htere is RAAMmat. you get 60 sq. feet of it, for $99 + shipping, but if you compare that to 128 shipped for only 36, its almost a deal too good to pass up. the owner & founder of this is an avid poster at the Elite Car Audio Forum and is highly praised over there. if you have any questions, jsut post em there and youll get tons of replies, its a great community.

...jsut my $0.02

--paul
papayonsens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2003, 09:44 PM   #16

damn i didnt know dynamats were that expensive... i thought they run around 50 bux..
-AV6- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2003, 01:26 AM   #17

I agree that xtreme dynamat is rather expensive and the bulk pack only offers 36sq ft. But when I had to use back to back Raamat and xtreme... xtreme was muuuch better hands down.. I'd spend the extra money for the stuff. It just seems they got sound deadening right Obviously.. money conscious ppl will argue that there's other stuff better out there.. but I just dont seem to think so. To sound deaden roofs or vertical sides.. xtreme worked the best for me... for the floor or horizontal sides.. peal & seal and raamat did the job nicely.. due to the fact of less of a chance gravity taking over and causing it to peel slightly.

For added cushion, I used some 3M #77 spray glue and leftover sheets of carpet padding(home depot just gave some of their gigantic scraps to me for a few dollars) spray glue a little onto the sound deadened area(best on door panels) and spray a little on the actual padding and stick. Use a exacto knife to cut off the excess. The addition of the carpet padding helped even more with keeping the doors quiet. I used the padding on plastic vibrating/squeaky panels as well. But of course with most hondas..especially mine.. there's always a squeak that comes out of no where.. so it's a ongoing battle against little rattles and sounds

hope this helped.
Old June 17th, 2003, 04:30 AM   #18
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

thanx guys, helped alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in