alpine type-r vs type-s - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2003, 10:16 AM   #1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to texasKA
alpine type-r vs type-s

Has anyone run an Alpine subwoofer setup, whether 10" or 12"...is the type-r worth the extra $$$?
texasKA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2003, 01:09 PM   #2

Im running an alpine type r 12" with a kenwood 600 watt sub. It pounds hard enough for me. I love it cuz its really clear and crisp bass. I bought it for 120 off ikesound.com Dont get a type s, type r's have a better voice coil and better magnet and surround. If you get the type R make sure to get the dual voice coil.
tcho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2003, 01:14 PM   #3
You know how we do...

I used to run 2 12" Type-S subs with a 1000 watt Alpine amp. They were awesome. Unless you're going for a real hard hitting system, the Type-S should be fine.

Jason
VIS Evo Rear Bumper
Thermal Dual Exhaust
AEM Short Ram Intake
Eibach ProKit Springs
Tokico Illumina Shocks
Enkei CDR9 wrapped in Falken Ziex 215/45Z/17
20% Tint All-Around

Coming Soon:
Unorthodox Racing Pullies
Carbon Fiber Hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JMBGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:16 AM   #4
Banned

Thanks for the input.

FYI, one 12" infinity Kappa 2002 model hits really hard and sounds good in the AV6 sedan. I had a DVC 4 ohm, on a 500W continous memphis class D amp.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:25 AM   #5
Senior Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Blazin036
Type R
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 23rd, 2003, 08:51 AM   #6
asian persuasion

Send a message via AIM to DaVEaZNPiMP
Quote:
Originally posted by tcho on June 20th, 2003 at 03:09 PM

[B]Im running an alpine type r 12" with a kenwood 600 watt sub. /B]
wow thats all you're using to push that TYPE R 12... my friend had a autotek 1000d amp... and at that it wasn't enough for good clean bass... but my friend from circuit city had a type r 15 and the only amp he found that could really push that was the mtx 1000d but now he got a new eclipse and he just put a type r 10 in there and i think he said he just had a mtx 450d in there..

dave
DaVEaZNPiMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 23rd, 2003, 10:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by DaVEaZNPiMP on June 23rd, 2003 at 03:51 PM

wow thats all you're using to push that TYPE R 12... my friend had a autotek 1000d amp... and at that it wasn't enough for good clean bass... but my friend from circuit city had a type r 15 and the only amp he found that could really push that was the mtx 1000d but now he got a new eclipse and he just put a type r 10 in there and i think he said he just had a mtx 450d in there..

dave
it says 1000 watts for the typr R but you need to look into the RMS. Alpine says it only needs like 300 watts RMS i think. I had the same set up before. I think it hit pretty hard.
green2dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:17 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to SiLvAaCCoRdV6
Quote:
Originally posted by tcho on June 20th, 2003 at 12:09 PM

Im running an alpine type r 12" with a kenwood 600 watt sub. It pounds hard enough for me. I love it cuz its really clear and crisp bass. I bought it for 120 off ikesound.com Dont get a type s, type r's have a better voice coil and better magnet and surround. If you get the type R make sure to get the dual voice coil.
so u only have one 12" type R? And it pounds pretty hard? Because i'm debating on either 2 12"s or just 1. I don't need a system to bump too hard and that gets annoying, just something that bumps nice and clean. U guys think 1 12" is good enough

NO MOD LISTS ALLOWED IN SIGNATURES!

click on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the bottom to check out my pics

SiLvAaCCoRdV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 23rd, 2003, 05:34 PM   #9
Banned

one 12" is great, i had one infinity 12" hitting 500 RMS. its alot of sound. a sealed box helps it sound cleaner and more rounder too... my $0.02
Old June 23rd, 2003, 05:37 PM   #10

1 type R is enough. Two to hear u come a block away... with only one my whole car felt like it was rattling into pieces my old prelude that is. spoiler looked like it would fly off!
green2dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 23rd, 2003, 05:39 PM   #11

cool...1 type r it is. thanks guys
Old June 23rd, 2003, 09:56 PM   #12

I have two Alpine 12" Type R's, feed by a four channel Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.4...it's running two channel mode, which means 400 watts rms for each sub, peak power for the two channels combined is over 1200 watts. Honestly, i think the woofers are OKAY...no more than that. I have them in a qlogic box, i beleive it's 0.75 cubic feet each side...previously i had them in a larger box, 1.2 cubic feet each side and they sounded like ****. They sound alright, they have a pretty tight beat, good for dance music, and they get decently loud, but not much else. They dont play very low, which makes them bad for rap, and the clearity's not too great. I wouldnt buy them again if i had the choice. BTW, they are dual 2 ohm voice coil woofers, and i have them wired in series, for a combind load of 4 ohms per woofer, which is perfect for my amplifier. My next try would be with a pair of JL's, i've had excellent experiance with those.

If you are gonna get the Alpines, get a pair of them. One doesnt offer enough output in my opinion...maybe in a hatchback, but not when they are stuffed in a trunk, with the passenger compartment nearly acoustically sealed by the rear seats

Jon

Last edited by Jon2002; June 23rd, 2003 at 10:04 PM..
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:57 PM   #13

damn, thats not what i want to hear...because i listen to mostly rap. what kind of components and rear speakers did u have jon2002?
Old June 24th, 2003, 10:53 PM   #14

This system isnt in either of my Hondas, it's in my Mazda btw...but anyways, i have Infinity kappa coaxiles in the front, and Clarion Pro series plates in the rear...they are being powered also by a 2nd four channel rockford fosgate amp.

I wouldnt recommend the Type R's. Go to an audio shop and listen to JL's, even the W0 line in my opinion sounds a lot better than the Type R's

Jon
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in