tan leather interior Ideas - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:03 PM   #1

tan leather interior Ideas

I want to get rid of the wood, but carbon looks odd, any other ideas?
akmarq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2003, 11:07 PM   #2
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
There's metal trim but that would look really odd with a tan trim. Wood is really the only thing that works with tan. Adds that luxury feel .

I love my grey (quartz) and wood interior .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:

Last edited by Plumaccordcoupe; June 20th, 2003 at 11:36 PM..
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:33 PM   #3
Senior Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Blazin036
keep the wood with tan has a classy look to it but if you insist on changing it go titanam or paint it but CF would still look good
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 20th, 2003, 11:36 PM   #4

thanks

Thanks for the ideas, with the green exterior I like the tan, guess you stuck with what you have....
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:38 PM   #5
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
yeah bro, im in the same position as you. im tryin to track down a full black leather interior for a swap, but its gonna be too much $$. just concentrate on the outside like i am. too much wood is gonna make the car look ****ty. i just have it on the center console and the door armrests, and thats more than enuff
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:41 PM   #6

die

have you checked out the die for dashes and the rest of the interior? sounds like a mess, not to say I am uninterested..?
Old June 21st, 2003, 12:03 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to loxllxol
i know exactly what you mean. I just tried the painting my dash gunmetal and came out looking decent.
loxllxol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 12:05 AM   #8

I like that man, did you clear coat it, and where could I find that paint you used?
Old June 21st, 2003, 12:15 AM   #9

what i did to get rid of the wood is ordered from a Honda Parts Website ( go to Google and search for "Majestic Honda" ) and just order the LX V6 interior parts. Instead of wood on the doors, its tan. and the center is just straight black. so it looks good like that IMO. OEM =
AcCoRd_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 12:22 AM   #10
Trayslides make God happy

Send a message via AIM to Fryd_Up
what year is your car loxlloxl cause i got tan interior but that ugly black steering wheel but i noticed yours is tan
Fryd_Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 12:36 AM   #11
Senior Newbie

looks good loxllxol, just dont paint it chome it might look cheasy try metalcast might look good
Old June 21st, 2003, 05:51 AM   #12
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally posted by Fryd_Up on June 21st, 2003 at 02:22 AM

what year is your car loxlloxl cause i got tan interior but that ugly black steering wheel but i noticed yours is tan
The sedans have a matching steering wheel whereas all coupes have a black steering wheel. It looks like he has the TL Type-S steering wheel, too.

loxlloxl-I like the gunmetal. It looks OEM Did you remove the trim around the HVAC controls before you painted it? Or did you buy the trim piece and then painted it before you put it on? I'm planning on painting the same wood trim piece on my car but I'm not sure how I'm going to remove it and then reinstall it.

Tom
Old June 21st, 2003, 11:20 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to loxllxol
Quote:
Originally posted by TH23 on June 21st, 2003 at 12:51 PM

The sedans have a matching steering wheel whereas all coupes have a black steering wheel. It looks like he has the TL Type-S steering wheel, too.

loxlloxl-I like the gunmetal. It looks OEM Did you remove the trim around the HVAC controls before you painted it? Or did you buy the trim piece and then painted it before you put it on? I'm planning on painting the same wood trim piece on my car but I'm not sure how I'm going to remove it and then reinstall it.

Tom
TH23 is right about the sedans having a matching steering wheel. I have absolutey NO clue why Honda didn't do the same for the coupes. All I did was remove the center trim, gauge panel trim, and the entire piece where the shifter and cup holders are and painted all those pieces.
loxllxol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 02:04 PM   #14
Banned

Send a message via AIM to snikwad
cool, i guess ill be looking for a sedan sterring wheel.
i like my tan leather, it doesnt get as hot as the black or dark colored leathers do, as for the wood, is cool, i think thry used just the right amount, ie. no long ass strip across the width of the dash.
the only thing that would make it complete, is wood vent trim for the side vents and if i could figure out to get a wood gauge bezel to match the wood trim, or contrast it with aluminium or cf, what do yall think? anyone found these wood vents yet?
also since my car has the cruise and stero controls on the steering if i changer to say... a TL-S steering will i be able to just screw these back on

Last edited by snikwad; June 21st, 2003 at 02:07 PM..
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 02:10 PM   #15
Banned

Hey loxllxol, i noticed your car doesnt have the little lcd display for the HVAC controls, what is the deal with that, is that a coupe thing too, or was it some years or what. anyone know why?
Old June 21st, 2003, 02:54 PM   #16
I love you Cat...forever

Quote:
Originally posted by snikwad on June 21st, 2003 at 04:10 PM

Hey loxllxol, i noticed your car doesnt have the little lcd display for the HVAC controls, what is the deal with that, is that a coupe thing too, or was it some years or what. anyone know why?
thats the second time i saw someone ask that in the last few days. he has an LX, so they dont have the auto climate control, they have regular A/C controls.
Old June 21st, 2003, 04:12 PM   #17
Banned

ok kool, im a noob remember.
thnx tho
Old June 21st, 2003, 04:19 PM   #18
I love you Cat...forever

no problem snik

lox, i know thats gunmetal paint, but what kind? i just bought some Plastikote Truck and Sport Utility Gunmetal spray paint for my engine covers, but what brand did u use for yours? not tryin to cop your style, but dont worry, im on the other side of the country

btw, do u guys think i can just spray over my stock wood trim with the gunmetal?
Old June 21st, 2003, 07:05 PM   #19

That looks like the trim on the '02 (and '01?) coupes. I have an '02 with the tan (ivory) interior also. Instead of wood trim, dark gray metallic accents are used around the audio/ac panel and window controls. The black interior has silver-colored accents instead of the wood. There is matching trim around the tranny shift lever while the rest of the console is flat black on both interior shades. I kinda wanted the wood at first but now I prefer it without. As for the black steering wheel: I believe Honda uses them to convey what they believe is a sportier look for the sportier coupe. I acually like it. It matches the black of the console. And I believe the coupe's steering wheel may be a bit smaller in diameter (or has a thicker rim), adding to it's sportier look and feel.
exv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 07:12 PM   #20

hey akmarq i'm planning on tryin to dye/paint all my interior parts this summer. I'm gonna be using VHT paint. The problem im running into is i'll need to change seat color, carpet color, and the roof padding/carpet cover, but im looking into ways to do that

if you want PM me and we can bounce some ideas off eachother
or IM me spiman52

hey loxllxol did you remove all your dash parts before you painted them? or did you tape up your car like you would your house when you paint?

Last edited by accord2002; June 21st, 2003 at 07:31 PM..
accord2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2003, 07:56 PM   #21
Senior Newbie

racing seats/metal floor/suade roof that would look good
Old June 21st, 2003, 09:16 PM   #22
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally posted by loxllxol on June 21st, 2003 at 01:20 PM

TH23 is right about the sedans having a matching steering wheel. I have absolutey NO clue why Honda didn't do the same for the coupes. All I did was remove the center trim, gauge panel trim, and the entire piece where the shifter and cup holders are and painted all those pieces.
Cool. So you removed the whole center trim, masked it off and painted the front? I've got the plastic wood piece on my center trim and I want to just remove it. Anybody know what I can use to reattach the piece to my dash? Is there some kind of special tape I can get for it? Thanks!
Old June 22nd, 2003, 02:19 AM   #23
Your V12, My V-twin.

Send a message via AIM to JonHsiung
loxllxol: damn, that even looks better than mine!! nice job!

mebbe i should get those radio knobs. they look real good. did you paint the bottom part near the shifter too? i'm thinking about it, but to me, it doesn't seem that the stock wood grain is great to paint over...

JonHsiung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 22nd, 2003, 10:19 AM   #24
I love you Cat...forever

yeah, thats what im wondering, the same as jon. i dont know about painting the wood trim in the center.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 10:32 AM   #25
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

I just finished cleaning my interior and I got the wood trim so shiny that I'm not sure if I really want to paint over it. But if I do, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do. A little sanding, a coat of primer and it should be ready to paint. I think it might look good if it were painted to match the gunmetal shifter surround that comes on '01 and '02s.
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 22nd, 2003, 06:25 PM   #26

I like the gun metal pictures above, and will probaly go with something similar, how much time does it take to complete something like that? Does the paint scuff up easy?
Old June 22nd, 2003, 06:30 PM   #27
Banned

I LIKE MY WOOD JUST FINE. but that gunmetal is tite tho. fo sho
Old June 27th, 2003, 08:49 PM   #28
God

what would you guys think of using a black trim in tan. something like black chrome...
Old June 28th, 2003, 04:03 PM   #29
I love you Cat...forever

black chrome would look cool....along the same lines as gunmetal, but where do u find black chrome interior trim?
Old July 9th, 2003, 08:24 PM   #30
Trayslides make God happy

Send a message via AIM to Fryd_Up
chrome spray paint then clear coat then transparent black till dakr enough then clear coat is How I'd go about it
Fryd_Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in