Whats most important thing that i have to look for? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #1
Keep it clean

Whats most important thing that i have to look for?

ok. For example. this spec right here.

Dual 12" Molded, Texture Injected Poly Cone
50 oz. Strontium Magnet
2" 4 Layer ASV Voice Coil
Bumped Back Plate
Extended & Vented Pole Piece
Gold Binding Post Terminals
Power Handling: 800 Watts RMS
Sensitivity: 104dB
Frequency Response: 28Hz - 150Hz
Dimensions: 15"(H) x 29.75"(W) x 16.75"(D)

Whats most important thing that i have to look for?

POwer handling? what is sensitivity? can audio expert please help me?
1CleanAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2003, 11:32 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to vtridah
the most important thing is that you should hear it first...
vtridah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2003, 01:16 AM   #3
Live Free or Die???

you don't need to worry about all the specs unless you plan on entering competitions. The basics you should look for is RMS watts and Peak Wattage, and if its dual or 1 ohm sub. I only have 1 12" Infinity Perfect sub and its very loud, all I need, I use to have 2 12" Cerwin Vega's and those were too loud, too much bass.

also check out crutchfield.com and you'll find all your answers about what every spec means.
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 28th, 2003, 08:21 AM   #4
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
look for the right enclosures too
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2003, 11:08 AM   #5
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty
vtridah made the most sensible post for this thread I must say.

textual specs on speakers only show a person who does not have the means to hear the driver off hand... but paper specs cannot paint the entire picture of a individual driver's "signature sound".

specs to understand: rms vs peak... rms shows the stability of the driver at continuous wattage level. A driver that can handle a higher rms usually is a sign for a quality built driver.

Sensitivity: higher the number the better(better efficient driver) this is for ppl who have little power to give their drivers so given the low amount of power you would like to have the most effiecient driver to utilize that power.. but more often than not.. specific installment of the driver will be the deciding factor on how the driver will sound.

ricepilof comments: I gotta disagree... based on your comments a person getting into car audio doesnt need to worry about driver specs? How did you go about buying your subwoofer? How would go about buying drivers online that cannot be auditioned? Would you go blindly and looks for the coolest basket? The biggest magnet? The highest surround? The bestest brandname that everyone utters? .... If you have ever tried to create a custom component set (via madisound, partsexpress, speakercity websites).. you would understand that those paper specs, the slope factors, theile/smal numbers, etc do come in handy when it comes down to a deciding factor of which driver will suit which door by what volume of space available... I've done this.. and made a few mistakes by installing drivers with specs not great to use in certain applications...

2002hondaccord comments: uh.. you really need to explain in more detail when you post... what do you mean by right enclosure? ported/sealed? wood type? size of enclosure? it wouldve helped the originater greatly if you had explained a little more...

hope this helped...
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2003, 12:16 PM   #6
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
im saying if he's looking at the specs for the woofers he should look at what enclosure it will find and sound right in
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in