do i need speakers? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2003, 02:53 AM   #1
SHARINGAN!

Send a message via AIM to Sentinel Send a message via Yahoo to Sentinel
do i need speakers?

im getting subs but i dont have enough money to change the treble speakers i have a 2002 sedan accord v6 ex will my speakers be good enough? or will the bass drown out all the treble :/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2003, 03:45 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Project MaxRpm
Its almost always good to replace the factory speakers in most cars there are some cars that have really good facotry speakers (bose infity and others) but the accords are not that lucky also if you want a good sound quality system its a good idea to upgrade. IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project MaxRpm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 29th, 2003, 10:33 AM   #3
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
what kinda subs are you getting? i have subs in my car with the stock speakers on and it sounds fine.
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 29th, 2003, 02:37 PM   #4
bryan <3's bomex

id upgrade speakers before getting subs just to be safe. but since 2002 says it sounds fine then go for it!
photos:

myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2003, 06:13 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to vtridah
yea, forreals though...in order to drown out your highs it would take a lot.. i'd install the subs first and see how it sounds. i like fading all my highs up front and just use subs for the rear. i think it sounds better that way..besides the rear 6x9 sounds like total crap anyways..the front is only good for its tweeter. to think that they put some cheap a$$ paper speakers thats even worse than pyle, rockwood in a 25g+ car is just unbelievable. even the solara has better speakers than us...i think the 2001+ accords have pioneer speakers..not sure if theyre the paper ones though.
the problem with stock speakers is that even if your subs are the best sounding and loudest, i'd still not bump it in the streets.. without proper highs people would just laugh..if you want to crank it up at stoplights then you better upgrade the 6x9s at least and get some decent highs.
vtridah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2003, 06:19 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to vtridah
you dont need much money to upgrade 6x9s..just $50 will get you a decent pair on ebay..less than 100 and you can get mb quarts dtc...these have some good highs even without an amp..
vtridah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #7
What Da Pho*?

Send a message via ICQ to bachviet Send a message via AIM to bachviet Send a message via MSN to bachviet Send a message via Yahoo to bachviet
Upgrade your speakers if you are going with any amp setup.

'00 SS AV6 EX Sedan&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
bachviet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2003, 10:52 AM   #8
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty
Quote:
Originally posted by vtridah on June 30th, 2003 at 01:13 PM

yea, forreals though...in order to drown out your highs it would take a lot.. i'd install the subs first and see how it sounds. i like fading all my highs up front and just use subs for the rear. i think it sounds better that way..besides the rear 6x9 sounds like total crap anyways..the front is only good for its tweeter. to think that they put some cheap a$$ paper speakers thats even worse than pyle, rockwood in a 25g+ car is just unbelievable. even the solara has better speakers than us...i think the 2001+ accords have pioneer speakers..not sure if theyre the paper ones though.
the problem with stock speakers is that even if your subs are the best sounding and loudest, i'd still not bump it in the streets.. without proper highs people would just laugh..if you want to crank it up at stoplights then you better upgrade the 6x9s at least and get some decent highs.
I suggest upgrading your interior speakers first and formost. See how you like them sounding from your stock HU. You will enjoy crisp/clear sound. If the midbass from the speakers doesnt satisfy you.. then by all means invest in a subwoofer/amp/inline converter. Upgrade small.. and by piece.. you'll appreciate the sound more and perhaps save some money instead of going all out blindly and start upgrading everything all at once. For some it's wise for others it's not.. you decide.

And commenting on the above guy's comment.... the 25g car is based on a price scale from the low 20s to upper 20s... a "family" car is what the accord was designed for and for most families and older group.. the stock system is more than adequate sound for them... I dont see anything "unbelievable" about the stock system and the quality you get from it. IMO it would be nice to upgrade the system.. but that would add to the cost.. as ppl will complain: "well, if Timmy can upgrade his speaker system" , "why cant I upgrade my leather, or get custom color configurations!?..."

About your comment.. about ppl laughing at you bumping down the street and not hearing your highs... man please show me a car that can be heard audibly clear down the road perhaps a block away.. hearing the music with highs/midrange/bass "outside" the car... either the car is a drop top or the driver is totally tone deaf from the high db levels he's torturing himself with. I think it's laughable seeing noobs bumping down the street with distortion blaring and yet the look on their faces seem as if they have a system capable of hitting 147 clean db's of sound from their subs...
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 3rd, 2003, 12:39 AM   #9

when you do upgrade your 6x9s you ared going to want to make sure you have a crossover hooked up to them I just recently bought a pair of alpine type-r 6x9s they are asowm i also have 2 alpine type-r 12. but i was driving arround today with my subs off and the ugraded speakers are awsome its real nice and crisp everoyone i meet say i have a real clear sound quality system i think you will be real happy if you upgrade to a good head unit 6x9 and door speakers (I cant remper if they are 6 1/2 or 5 1/4) i was very happy untill i got my subs and people thought i had subs when i didnt. but i would sugest buying them at circut city and getting a warrnty plus they have specials all the time

Old July 13th, 2003, 08:58 PM   #10
SHARINGAN!

Send a message via AIM to Sentinel Send a message via Yahoo to Sentinel
are the alpine type r 6x9s components? will i have to buy another amp and everything? =T

Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2003, 06:23 AM   #11
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty
6x9 components are very rare... but those Alpine Rs are not components, just coaxial 6x9s. You'll have more hit with some pioneers running off of the stock HU.... or consider the typeS if you wanna run off the stock HU.
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #12

no they are componets and not you dont need an amp you just splice the pos and neg wires to the wire inclided in with the speakers becasue they have an inline crossover. there are 2 sets of wires comming off the crossover one is a litle bigger than the other one and they plug in to the corisponding connector. i garenty you will be happy with the tyoe r's they give out good midrang and good highs. or you can pick up a set of massive with are a verry good speaker too for about the same price

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in