FULL interior replacement..plz help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:35 AM   #1

FULL interior replacement..plz help

My aunt just bought her 16 year odl daughter (shes only friggin 16!! n has $3000 to spend on the car), a 1999 Av6. She wants to swap the entire interior from BAIGE to BLACK. I'm new to the interior but if she swaped the entire interior, would it be easy? If she swaped the dashboard, wouldnt that mean she has to spend money to put the airbag back in? Other then the dashboard thing, would anything else be a major complication for the swap?

i forgot to mention it's a 1999 AV6 Coupe EX
AccrdV6Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2005, 03:53 AM   #2
Destroyer of Tires

Whats up with all these threads popping up with the subject focusing on 16 year olds? lol jk jk

*points to user title*

Anyways back on subject, there is the Katzkin option. I'm not sure on how much it costs or whatever but it looks quite nice. Then there is the option of just making all the measurements yourself and doing it all yourself lol but that wouldn't be fun now would it?

For the dash she could just take that out, sand it down with some sand paper (be sure to get higher grit the more times you sand IE: first layer of sanding is 400, second 600, third 1000 etc.) and then just paint it with some flat black or dark gray spray paint. Krylon Fusion would probably work best since it sticks to plastics well.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 12th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #3
4.0L

swapping the airbags isn't that difficult is it? i can see problems with the passenger side...but the steering wheel airbag isn't hard. also, does putting the katzkin covers on your car mean that your side airbags won't work? or would they just blast through the material if deployed?
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 12th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #4
Destroyer of Tires

Oh that could be a problem if the side airbag couldn't deploy because of the Katzkin... Call up Katzkin and ask about that, it probably isn't legal if it puts you in harms way in any shape or form so they probably do have safety precautions but you never know. Call them or email them.

Old July 13th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #5

1999 coupe models dont have side airbags. the steering wheel is already black. but the passenger side airbag is the problem. If she changes the entire dash, would that mean she has to get the air bag re-installed or put back in?
Old July 13th, 2005, 12:25 AM   #6
Destroyer of Tires

Just sand and paint...

Old July 13th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #7

what about the ceiling and carpet? does she have to remove the entire interior to get those replaced too? she wants NOTHING baige left in the car. Could she just buy another accord's interior thats black and swap it over?
Old July 13th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #8
Destroyer of Tires

Whats wrong with the beige? It looks very nice. Just tell her that it would be too much work to do and that the beige looks perfect the way it is.

Old July 13th, 2005, 01:18 AM   #9
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

she should do beige with black compliments ...like black door paneling and new seat covers.. personally i would think it is going to be too hard to track down all the OEM interior pieces in grey/black. Taking the passenger side airbag out and replacing isnt that hard, you could find someone with medium car knowledge and they could do it. otherwise she will need to find all the door moldings, buy new carpet, new seat covers, the dash, head liner, rear panels, door panels, rear speacker covers, and the rear mat. its sorta hard to track these down unless you find a black or silver coupe thats been in a wreck in a junk yard. i personally wanted to do a black swap but found it too costly and not worth the time/effort.
Right now im doing a beige and black scheme with black suede in my car, i can send you pics of it and you could see if she digs it, its going to cost under 1000 once done. hope my input was of some sort of help.
99cfENVYv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99cfENVYv6
she should do beige with black compliments ...like black door paneling and new seat covers.. personally i would think it is going to be too hard to track down all the OEM interior pieces in grey/black. Taking the passenger side airbag out and replacing isnt that hard, you could find someone with medium car knowledge and they could do it. otherwise she will need to find all the door moldings, buy new carpet, new seat covers, the dash, head liner, rear panels, door panels, rear speacker covers, and the rear mat. its sorta hard to track these down unless you find a black or silver coupe thats been in a wreck in a junk yard. i personally wanted to do a black swap but found it too costly and not worth the time/effort.
Right now im doing a beige and black scheme with black suede in my car, i can send you pics of it and you could see if she digs it, its going to cost under 1000 once done. hope my input was of some sort of help.
yo that would be nice. Can u send me some pics? All the talk of that makes it look too difficult n too much of a hassle. I dont wanna look for all those parts for her. U've got a PM 99cf.
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #11

tell her that her crazy ass should be happy with what she got.
Hites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #12

heres my interior 99 accord, FAR!!!!! from black though, sorry

dray504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #13
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
u fiberglass that or just sand it down and paint it?...Im wanting to turn the entire interior black....on my way
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #14

tha white that u see has been sanded down and painted, the silver part is actually fiberglass and painted(the silver part is what use to be leather), the upper part of the doors where the handles are is white tweed. this is a 4 door, tha 2 bak doors are done tha same also. everything was stripped out tha car and sprayed in a paint booth.
dray504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in