I need a spoiler guys. Please help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2003, 06:01 PM   #1
Lord of Cold

Unhappy I need a spoiler guys. Please help

Well crud, after thinking the dealership where I got my Honda from was gonna get me a real good deal on a OEM spoiler turned out to be untrue. All in all, after getting the Honda spoiler and installed would be freaking around $500, when he orginally said it would be $150 for spoiler and $80 install.

I simply can't afford to spend that much, but I so really want a spoiler to give it my new honda that "sporty" look to it. Can you guys please show me some connections to some online places so I can see different spoilers from companies that will fit accords. Sites that are reliable and have a good reputatoin. Basically show me to spoilers that are cheaper. Any other info as well would be appreciated.

And if you were gonna suggest installing it myself.

No way in hell.
IceWind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #2

They are very easy to install. And there are a ton of manufactures on Ebay selling OEM spoilers for around $125.00
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2003, 06:39 PM   #3
Lord of Cold

I don't have the balls to do it myself. I just dont Any links of manufactures or resellers besides ebay?

Old June 30th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #4
Live Free or Die???

Quote:
Originally posted by IceWind on June 30th, 2003 at 08:39 PM

I don't have the balls to do it myself. I just dont Any links of manufactures or resellers besides ebay?
go to spoilerdepot.com my friend bought his spoiler there and they painted it and the it came out perfect. Took it to the dealer to get it installed which they charged him $100. But I highly recommend going there. Very cheap compared to buying one from the dealer.
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:11 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to driven
they sell some on ebay for 175$ painted + more for shipping. Take it to a body shop, they wont charge you more then 100$ to put it on.
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2003, 10:33 PM   #6
Lord of Cold

Oohhh spoilerdepot looks perfect!! Do you know much about them? Are they reliable? How well does their painting of the spoilers turn out. Whats there return policy and gaurentees?
Old June 30th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to davejax904
Hey man, i just bought an oem spoiler from handaaccessories and put it on myself. (i wanted a genuine spoiler)

it really isnt that hard to do, took me an hour and a 1/2. the hardest part was drilling holes, and i wasnt too comfortable drilling holes in my baby, but it turned out to be easy.

if your buying a spoiler you might wanna be aware that your gonna need some type of harness to connect the light in the spoiler up. You will also need some more heavier duty (yeah i know not proper english) trunk springs. Just for kicks i left the stock trunk springs in, and closed and opened it a few times. Yeah, the lid would barely stay open, and when it closed it closed really freakin hard (my back can testify to that). A person wouldnt believe how heavy a trunk lid actually is. oh and if you replace the springs yourself, you need a special tool to do it.
davejax904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2003, 10:54 PM   #8
Live Free or Die???

Quote:
Originally posted by IceWind on July 1st, 2003 at 12:33 AM

Oohhh spoilerdepot looks perfect!! Do you know much about them? Are they reliable? How well does their painting of the spoilers turn out. Whats there return policy and gaurentees?
If you read my quote, I specifically recommended buying from Spoilerdepot.com. My friends spoiler came out perfect with all the necessary wiring. Hand A accessories is a lot more for spoilers than Spoiler depot, also even if hand a accessories is FACTORY, the ones from spoiler depot are the same exact things except the light bulb doesn't say Honda...I highly recommend Spoilerdepot.com and if I buy a spoiler it will be from then. I've actually bought a spoiler for my old 95 accord and painted and installed it myself. Wasn't too hard, but the hardest part was installing the wiring to hide it. But if your not comfortable with installing it take it to the dealer and they'll do it.
Old June 30th, 2003, 11:01 PM   #9
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally posted by davejax904 on July 1st, 2003 at 12:48 AM

Hey man, i just bought an oem spoiler from handaaccessories and put it on myself. (i wanted a genuine spoiler)
Yeah the genuine spoiler has Accord under it in block lettering. Though it's not easy to wax that spot. Adds a little touch to it . My car came with one for free basically since a spoiler doesn’t raise the price of a used car by much .

And be careful doing those springs. I have heard that it is very hard to do and can cause serious injury .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2003, 11:40 PM   #10
Keep it clean

Screw that man. Installing spoiler could be easy for people who are used to exterior DIY, but for newbs its quite hard job.

You have to measure exactly where to drill, and if you are one inch off, or even 1 cm off, damn those ugly holes are going to show off like no other. Its ugly as hell. I know couple of people did this and totally failed. Ended up replacing trunk.

Ebay, there are lot of cheap replicas that looks JUST like OEM.
really. no big deal. comes with wires and LEDs. I have a friend with WRX who bought replica STi spoiler off ebay.
Result? I can't find ANY differences between real and replica.

YOu can easily find one off ebay selling for 99 bucks, prolly around 15 bucks shipping.
Go to local tuning shop to do the installation.
1CleanAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2003, 02:24 AM   #11
Live Free or Die???

I believe honda has hole guidlines to where to drill them right on the trunk, so it takes the guess work out of where to drill holes, at least that was the case with my 95 accord. As for ebay, spoilerdepot has some cheaper deals than actually buying from there website, check out the ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2421626670
Old July 1st, 2003, 06:19 AM   #12

Get in contact with Haig

514 214 3520

Their spoilers come pre-painted and carry a 3-year paint warranty.

$200 shipped is their price.
str8bklam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2003, 09:01 PM   #13

sorry to start the whole genuine or replica is better debate. i was merely stating what i did. i did it because i wanted to have a genuine part, im not knocking replicas.

to the thread starter- on the outer edges of the underside of the trunk lip, there are 4 raised circles in the sheet metal, two on each side, those need to be 8mm, then on the left side of the trunk(driver side) another 10mm hole will need to be drilled.

also let me echo plum accord, the springs arent something to fool with, and it does require a special tool. it cost like 4.50 at handa, but i suppose you could get a 'replica'
Old July 2nd, 2003, 02:27 AM   #14
Keep it clean

Quote:
Originally posted by davejax904 on July 2nd, 2003 at 04:01 AM

i did it because i wanted to have a genuine part, im not knocking replicas.
but such a waste though, unless you get it off the dealer like plum.
just because it says "accord" under it or it has OEM sticker on it, its few hundred bucks more.... really no point.
I mean you look at two accords, one with OEM spoiler and one with replica spoiler.
looks 100% alike.. no one is going to give you claps for having all genuine OEM parts.
If we are talking about genuine after market parts[real mugen vs replica], now thats different story. thats when people will laugh at replica lovers.
1CleanAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2004, 10:09 PM   #15

I just bought a brand new OEM spoiler for $175 and im scared to death of doing it myself! Does anyone know how much another trunk will cost just in case?
Bigds2002V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #16

Bigds2002V6- dont worry, its very hard to screw up, just 5 holes. just line the template up, and mark it with a sharpie. after drilling 1 or 2 holes, youll be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in