Anybody willing to do DIY OEM Blackhousings for me? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #1

Anybody willing to do DIY OEM Blackhousings for me?

anybody does DIY OEM Blackhousings Headlights in Northern California? I would do it myself but my house's oven wont work. Nobody else's family would trust me baking headlights in their oven. So if anyone in Nor Cal can blackhoused my headlights, let me know....i'm willing to pay.

If you're not in California, would you be willing to do the work for me if i ship the headlights to you?
AccrdV6Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2005, 01:02 AM   #2
4 bangin'

i would do it, but i think shipping and stuff to jersey would be a waste of money for ya. idk about shipping charges, but yea, itd be $(shipping) too much. but i would sugest a heat gun, cuz the oven way is a tad bit dangerous......i think i literally came within 30 seconds of completely screwing up my drivers side light, like melting the clear cover. btw, since you were gonna do the oven way, what degree heat were you gonna set it on, and for how long were you gonna put it in for? you can buy a heat gun at walmart for $20......i did when i tried to fix my tail light, haha, it gets hot quick.....i cooked a hot dog with it the first day i had it, hahaha.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 13th, 2005, 12:33 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to XenonKiller99
It's so easy to open up ur headlights. Ask ur friend to borrow ur oven for 2 minutes. Start to finish should take only 10-15minutes for a DIY black housing and/or clearing OEM headlight. U need a $4.99+tax black low gloss high heat engine spray paint can. After, u just need a $5.99+tax clear or black RTV sealant/silicone. Dries w/in minutes. That's all. Clean, fast, easy... doesn't take more than 20min for sure.
XenonKiller99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 26th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #4
HATER

$50 and i'll trade you mine for your stock ones. PM me yo.
albisv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2005, 08:30 AM   #5

If you don't have access to an oven, you can open the headlights with just a hair dryer or a heat gun. Same concept, just a little more work.
oei28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #6
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
you kud just go on the private sales forum and trade someone your OEM headlights. it'll work for sure. people go on there to put their car back to stock so you'll have people that wud wanna trade with you for sure
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in