fixed headlamp - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #1
4 bangin'

fixed headlamp

well, as some of you who went to the recent NJ meet know, my passenger side headlamp had glass in it from an exploded light bulb. well today i got bored, so i fixed it, haha. here are some pics:

mmmm, so sexy, haha

thats how the intake sits in there for anyone that has any questions about CAI's (for future reference)

mmmm, new paint

no clear lense or bezel

so fresh and so clean clean

just thought id share a days work with you guys.
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
how did it explode? was it from using a high wattage bulb? What a perfect opportunity to clean the intake filter. Overall everything looks good, Good Job!
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:52 PM   #3
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
hey, i fixed my headlights too....

sent them out to fix projector, resolered new leds, fresh new graphite paint, and sealed the hell out of them, even the back of the projector..

i'll see if i can get pictures tonite..

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 17th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #4
4 bangin'

yea, it was a higher wattage bulb....and it happened at a red light. i watched the whole thing happen on the tailgate of the truck infront of me, haha. silver f150 and the light just went dimmer, then bright, then dimmed really slow to no light at all. then i looked at it the next day, and all this glass everywhere, haha.

about cleaning the filter.....how do i go about that? i know i have to use some kind of kit, but how long do i have to wait till i can actually put it back on and drive around?
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to ryon527
okay this might seem like a dumb question. what would happen if you took out the little dome cover thing that sits in front of the low beam bulb? would you get better light on the road or just cause glare?
ryon527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #6
keepin' it OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch o5
about cleaning the filter.....how do i go about that? i know i have to use some kind of kit, but how long do i have to wait till i can actually put it back on and drive around?
you can go buy a kit from local auto store... what you do is you have to clean it and let it dry in the sun... afterwards, you have to lube it with air filter oil that is suppose to be included in the kit.. usually, it takes about less than a half a day..

i just bought an extra air filter and swapped it around, cleaned the old one and lube it whenever its time to change again... that way i dont have to wait..

thats what i did too. i changed my air filter with a new one today while installed my headlights back on..

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kiet; August 17th, 2005 at 08:38 PM..
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #7
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
get a K & N air filter recharge kit ..
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:24 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
[QUOTE=Kiet]
i just bought an extra air filter and swapped it around, cleaned the old one and lube it whenever its time to change again... that way i dont have to wait.. [QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownz Thrillah
get a K & N air filter recharge kit ..
If not that, you can also use the AEM recharge kit as well. I've heard they are the same thing
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #9
keepin' it OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV_33
If not that, you can also use the AEM recharge kit as well. I've heard they are the same thing
they are basically the same thing, just with a different name..

KIET

Old August 18th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #10
4 bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet
i just bought an extra air filter and swapped it around, cleaned the old one and lube it whenever its time to change again... that way i dont have to wait..
thats sounds like a pretty good idea, i think ill do that once i get some money. how do you go about doing it tho? do you just have one dirty one sitting, then clean it all up and swap it in the same day? or the day before you wanna switch it in. or do you clean it as soon as you take it out, then just oil it up before you put it in? would that oil you put on damage you engine at all? sorry for all the noob questions. btw, lets see these headlights of yours!!
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #11
keepin' it OG

i bought a new one... swapped it and lefted it there.. cleaned the dirty one right away so i dont have to worry about it.... right now its just drying... gonna put it away and when it time, gonna lube it when its time to swap again.. just gonna repeat the process whenever its time to change air filter..

oil wont damage engine... its suppose to trap the dirt or something.. i forgot what its for, but there is a reason for th oil..

KIET

Old August 18th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #12
4 bangin'

ok, thanks for clearing that stuff up. btw, i forgot to ask, how often should i swap filters? ive had my intake since november, and same filter as well, not cleaned once.
Old August 18th, 2005, 01:39 AM   #13
keepin' it OG

i dont know... i looked at mine and it was black so i decided to change it... check with someone else with that...

KIET

Old August 18th, 2005, 02:22 PM   #14
4 bangin'

ok. mines pretty much still red, so ill prolly go till november again with it, then switch it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in